*OFFICIAL* Rose Bowl Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*OFFICIAL* Rose Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kastofsna120 said:
46 yards rushing, 9 yards passing

.........................:shakeno: ..........................

Buddwalk said:
Yeah I say he goes about 180 passing and 60 running

1st
Texas comes out early scores with a vince young run
USC storms right back with a big reggie bush run
2nd
USC Kicks a FG

Half Time USC up 10-7

3rd
Texas comes out scores with a Vince Young TD throw to some WR
USC scores another TD from Leinart pass to dwayne jarrett - USC up 17-14

4th
Texas scores one more time with another vince young run late in the game - Texas goes up 21-17 with about 8 minutes left
USC comes out again fired up now and leinart throws another td this time to Steve Smith - USC up 24-21
USC with 3 minutes left Reggie Bush caps it off with a big 60 yard TD run
Vince young storms down the field and throws an int his 3rd of the day and the game is over

;)

Lol, being a Texas fan I don't like your outcome, but I will say if Texas does lose I want it to be close like that. In fact, even if they win I want it to be close, makes for a better game. I'd prolly be having a heart attack at 21 years old, lol, but I'd love for Texas to actually be DOWN going into the 4th and come back to win it as opposed to Texas winning by a blowout. And before people go crazy at the "texas winning by a blowout" quote, I didn't say they would, or I think they will, I was just saying I'd rather the game be close than either of them win by a blowout.

SuavePhin said:
Yep, the media has scrubbed their balls so much that people think that USC has already won 3 straight National Championships, when they havn't even won the "3rd" one yet, and they havn't even won back to back *cough* LSU *cough*

actually, i said 35 straight, and 3 straight NCs because they will win tonight. they have already won the 3rd. has nothing to do with the media.

I remember being pretty confident going into an Ohio State game once upon a time. You never can tell.

there's a difference between a carroll-coached team and a coker-coached team. mainly, one SUCKS as a coach and the other doesn't

kastofsna120 said:
there's a difference between a carroll-coached team and a coker-coached team. mainly, one SUCKS as a coach and the other doesn't

True :lol:

alright smart guys here's another stat,

USC's opponents had a combined record of 75-65 (53%)
Texas's opponents had a combined record of 69-59 (53%), if you count Colorado the second time it is 75-69 (53%)

so as you see there is no difference in their opponents records but the way to tell them apart is by what their opponents did in the bowls but you say Oregon didn't want to win in theirs? thats some first class BS, who doesn't want to win whatever bowl game they get? no matter how big game is they still want to win for the Sr. to send them out a winner. who wants to lose? and USC and Texas's best opponents faced each other in one of the BCS bowl games. Ohio State and ND played with Ohio State (Texas's best opponent) won easily. they were both definitely trying to win this game (unless you think ND wanted to lose)

nick1 said:
so as you see there is no difference in their opponents records but the way to tell them apart is by what their opponents did in the bowls
please, bowl results mean nothing. the best way to tell them apart is to WATCH THE TEAMS PLAY AND FIGURE OUT WHO'S BETTER. USC's opponents have been FAR better than texas's. not even close

just look at the basic stuff, like the quarterback play texas has faced compared to USC. how many future NFL QBs on texas's schedule? none. absolutely nothing. look at USC. clemens. keller. quinn. pinegar. olson. the only good runningback they've played was peterson. i'm pretty sure (almost positive) that USC has faced better players at EVERY position than texas. better teams, better players. texas has no shot tonight

kastofsna120 said:
Cokers halftime speach at the LSU bowlgame "your either going to come out and play like men or your going to get embarassed".. thats real inspirational :shakeno: . Cokers an idiot.

kastofsna120 said:
please, bowl results mean nothing. the best way to tell them apart is to WATCH THE TEAMS PLAY AND FIGURE OUT WHO'S BETTER. USC's opponents have been FAR better than texas's. not even close

just look at the basic stuff, like the quarterback play texas has faced compared to USC. how many future NFL QBs on texas's schedule? none. absolutely nothing. look at USC. clemens. keller. quinn. pinegar. olson. the only good runningback they've played was peterson. i'm pretty sure (almost positive) that USC has faced better players at EVERY position than texas. better teams, better players. texas has no shot tonight
you can think however you like but when it comes down to it every team can only win the games on their schedules and both of these teams have. this will be a close game but in the end Texas will win. USC might have faced better passing oriented QBs but they haven't faced a QB with such a threat as Vince Young has. And in the end that is what will win it for Texas. Leinart won't be able to do anything tonight, he hasn't been that impressive. he won the Heisman last year only because he was the best QB on the best team in the nation. put Jay Cutler on USC and than you'll see an impressive offense. Lienart has decreased his stats including QB rating ever since his first season at USC. what does that tell you?

you'll see Texas beat USC and don't make up any lame excuses tommorrow either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom