***Official Texans @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Official Texans @ Patriots Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

Seeing delusional fans discrediting phenomenal coaching is a riot.

Welcome to the AFC South.

Exactly why i can't stand the people who make the "tannehill can't lead us to the playoffs, so he sucks" argument.

Making the playoffs in the afc east is not like making it in other divisions. Also, having a decent team around you makes a huge difference.

I've seen enough of this game (and most other non-dolphins games) to make me appreciate having tannehill as our QB. We should feel fortunate.

Tannehills so-called "garbage time" stats look pretty frikin legit right about now.

Everyone should know this by now. When you're playing against Belicheat, there's no such thing as garbage time.

Patriots D has harassed the QB and gave Houston's o-line fits all night long.

Dolphin's lineman yielded zero sacks on Sunday.

raw

Last edited by a moderator:
Tannehills so-called "garbage time" stats look pretty frikin legit right about now.

Everyone should know this by now. When you're playing against Belicheat, there's no such thing as garbage time.

Look, I'm honestly sick of the pro Tannehill / anti Tannehill crap at this point, but I don't know how on earth we go from "Belichick runs up the score and is a mean bully" to "The Patriots go soft in garbage time" just because it suits some dumb ass narrative.

Look, I'm honestly sick of the pro Tannehill / anti Tannehill crap at this point, but I don't know how on earth we go from "Belichick runs up the score and is a mean bully" to "The Patriots go soft in garbage time" just because it suits some dumb ass narrative.

Bingo. The mentality of the coach that set the record for most points in a season with 589, and won 12 games in which they surpassed the 30-point mark, 4 games in which they surpassed the 40-point mark and 2 in which they surpassed the 50-point mark, doesn't suddenly go soft with his pride and joy unit of the defense. That's complete BS.

"The Patriots had a smart defensive game plan tonight, too. Put Malcolm Butler on Will Fuller and use 2-Man technique over the top of DeAndre Hopkins in specific game situations. That allowed the Patriots to limit the explosive play ability of Hopkins (man underneath with a safety sitting over the top) while putting their No.1 CB on Fuller. You don't always have to "shadow" the opposing team's top WR. Use the game plan to win." - Matt Bowen

Also of note, 6 punts inside the 20. It takes all three phases of football to win a game.

"The Patriots had a smart defensive game plan tonight, too. Put Malcolm Butler on Will Fuller and use 2-Man technique over the top of DeAndre Hopkins in specific game situations. That allowed the Patriots to limit the explosive play ability of Hopkins (man underneath with a safety sitting over the top) while putting their No.1 CB on Fuller. You don't always have to "shadow" the opposing team's top WR. Use the game plan to win." - Matt Bowen

Also of note, 6 punts inside the 20. It takes all three phases of football to win a game.

Their special teams wrecked the [SecondWorstTeamNameInFootball]s.

Not sure why you're quoting me with that sort of reply. Did I ever go from "Belichick runs up the score and is a mean bully" to "The Patriots go soft in garbage time"?

No.

Back
Top Bottom