Oguchi Onyewu..heading to Chelsea??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oguchi Onyewu..heading to Chelsea???

What!? The best defender in the CONCACAF was released? I can't believe it!:rolleyes2

:tongue: :tongue:

We really got to stop piling on primetime with this, in one day Onyewu is released and bradley is confirmed as the head coach of Team USA, terrible day for the poor guy.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=405451&root=mls&cc=5901

Good read on how Europe Scouters are coming here more and more to get young players and how the youth of American Soccer are starting to choose Europe over MLS.

That is a big step. The problem is though, I've seen many young prospects from eastern Europe and of other countries with small national leagues being picked up by monster clubs, only to sit on the bench. They must pick their team wisely. Not all will go the the Milans, Reals, or Man Us of the soccer world, but it is still an issue. MLS has come a long way, mainly due to the American performance in '94, but soccer is one of the largest sports amoung American youth.

Hang in there, Americans are relentless, and will always strive to compete in soccer (sorry, but right now they cant), and eventually will as all the tools are in place.

BTW Carlos Salcido(who's obviously better than Onyewu) won the Dutch league title with the PSV Eindhoven

clear.gif

im sorry, i have just viewed this thread recently... but you guys are mean. lol. thanks for the laugh though.

:tongue: :tongue:

We really got to stop piling on primetime with this, in one day Onyewu is released and bradley is confirmed as the head coach of Team USA, terrible day for the poor guy.

I haven't been on much lately.

Onyewu did get released. Another EPL team will probably give him a chance.

Lads I am a Newcastle supporter and I can honestly say that the "Gooch" is just not good enough for the Premiership. Why Chelsea were even looking at this chap is beyond me. Newcastle have one of the worst backlines in the Prem and the fact he only started a few games says everything really.

Plus the person who brought him to the club was sacked.

Lads I am a Newcastle supporter and I can honestly say that the "Gooch" is just not good enough for the Premiership. Why Chelsea were even looking at this chap is beyond me. Newcastle have one of the worst backlines in the Prem and the fact he only started a few games says everything really.

Plus the person who brought him to the club was sacked.

Pfffft, nahhh he just "didn't fit the system":rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom