OGUN situation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OGUN situation

Merman said:
The whole point is Samuels will cost the Skins at least $8 million in cap room this year to trade him not save them anything.

Samuel's base salary is $5 million this year and he has no incentive to restructure. What are the Skins going to do, cut him???
How long was his bonus prorated? I figured most of it was already charged, apparently not. My mistake then.

Due 13 mil over the next two years? No thank you. But with only 2 years left on his contract, I'd imagine most of it has been paid. How long did he sign for? If he signed a 7 year deal out of the chute he got a tiny assed bonus. If this is a 4 year deal, it could be about 5 mil.

The trade can't happen for the Skins, that's the bottom line. They do not have enough cap room. Talking about this trade, is just moot. :shakeno:

LIQUID24 said:
How long was his bonus prorated? I figured most of it was already charged, apparently not. My mistake then.

No problem LIQUID24. I just said something because I had just posted. :) These are the numbers I used. Cap charge numbers less base salary numbers.

The cap charges for Samuels are $8.749 million in 2004, $9.642 million for 2005 and $10.3 million for 2006. His 2004 base salary is $5.132 million and he is due a $1 million roster bonus next March.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1683968

Samuels, Chris
Salary History
2004 $5,132,000.
2005 $6,025,000.
2006 $7,702,425.
http://www.nflpa.org/members/playerProfile.asp?ID=28754

Looking back at my post, it said the $1 million roster bonus probable mistake was for 2006 and 2007 should have said 2005 and 2006. :shakeno:

Note the $1 million roster bonus for March 2004 has been paid so the cap is charged for that million.

That was not meant to confuse you but to give Clump a hard time. :D :couch:

sbh1602 said:
Not to be picky, infins, but..

how can he be welcome BACK to the NEW NFL? ;)
What liquid said.....I writed it like thet on porpoise.

Ogun for Ramsey or Ogun for next years 1st and 3rd. Yo, I live in VA, and I saw a drop off in Samuels play for 2 years now, but I guess I would pull the trigger on that one simply because he would come to Miami, and be, hands down the best lineman to come through here since a young Richmond Webb. BUT, the Skins nixed our prospective deal with Brunell, and I think Pat Ramsey could solve all our problems. I've seen him first hand, and he is the real deal. Just my 2 cents, and alot of wishfull thinking.

Back
Top Bottom