OH STANKEE Fans../Sox Wins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OH STANKEE Fans../Sox Wins

iceblizzard69 said:
I'd rather see the Red Sox there than the Yankees there. And Yankees fans are more arrogant than Red Sox fans anyway.

I hope the Red Sox win the World Series just because it will piss off the Yankees fans.
How does the Red Sox winnig the world series piss off Yankee fan? Yankee fan has 26 world championships and 39 American League Championships.

That's like saying when the Cowboys win the Super Bowl the Redskins fans are pissed off? Why?

The Yankees (and fans) arne't obsessed with the Sox the way the SOX and fans are obsessed with the Yanks. It's a good rivalry and both sides have no love lost for each other, but the Sox have felt like the kid brother who is always kicked around, and have been for YEARS. They got theres this year, its their turn. To Yankee fan it makes no difference if they (red sox) win or lose the world series. To the Yankee fan their season is over, what happens from here on out is irrevalant.

You might not want to believe it, but that is reality.

FiN.in.RI said:
It has nothing to do with betting lines. :rolleyes:
Sure it does. Where does the term "UNDERDOG" come from?!:rolleyes:

What I don't get is the Yankee Hater (not red sox fan) who wants a salary cap but still roots against the Yanks.

Want a salary cap in baseball...........have the Yanks win the world series for about 5 straight years, already after winning 4 of 5 in the late 90's.

Red Sox fan roots against the Yanks. A smart Yankee hater who could care less about Boston, but who wants to see the Yanks fall from the top and wants a salary cap so their small market club has a shot, should just root for them to win for about 3 or 4 years straight.

Then you get your salary cap. Then you put the Tampa's, Seattle's, KC's, Pittsburgh's, and so on ALL ON THE SAME PLAYING FIELD WITH THE YANKS!

Everytime the Yanks lose, it just means you will never see a salary cap in baseball as it proves money can't buy a ring. LA has proved it. Mets have proved it. Boston has proved it. This year, Yanks have proved it.

If you look at MLB today. You can take NY, Boston, and Anheim and I would bet a large sum of money that 2 of those 3 will be in the ALCS every year. They have the most money. Aren't affraid to spend it. And those 3 will just pass the crown around until some change is made in the system.

Congrats Sox fans, you finally beat us but don't get too ****y b/c the curse talk won't die until yuo win 4 more games. Remember you have been to the WS 4 times since 1918 and have lost 4 7 game series including 2 to the Cards.

nyjunc said:
Congrats Sox fans, you finally beat us but don't get too ****y b/c the curse talk won't die until yuo win 4 more games. Remember you have been to the WS 4 times since 1918 and have lost 4 7 game series including 2 to the Cards.
Nobody is getting ****y except towards those that have BEEN ****y since the play-offs started.

Those yankees fans deserve every bit of ****y they get.

But we all know, this fight aint over.

We Knocked the Babe in the mouth in Anaheim (literally, almost).....We knocked him to his knees in New York....Now we're taking him back to Fenway to ......FINISH HIM!!!

MikeO said:
Sure it does. Where does the term "UNDERDOG" come from?!:rolleyes:
Not in this context. The Red Sox made history by being the first MLB team to come back from 0-3 in a best of seven series. That was a thrilling comeback and had nothing to do with the betting lines, or who was favored in games 1 and 2.

I seriously doubt the term underdog was invented in vegas either.:rolleyes:

clear.gif

WHO'S YOUR DADDY NOW!? BIOTCH!!!!

MikeO said:
How does the Red Sox winnig the world series piss off Yankee fan? Yankee fan has 26 world championships and 39 American League Championships.

That's like saying when the Cowboys win the Super Bowl the Redskins fans are pissed off? Why?

The Yankees (and fans) arne't obsessed with the Sox the way the SOX and fans are obsessed with the Yanks. It's a good rivalry and both sides have no love lost for each other, but the Sox have felt like the kid brother who is always kicked around, and have been for YEARS. They got theres this year, its their turn. To Yankee fan it makes no difference if they (red sox) win or lose the world series. To the Yankee fan their season is over, what happens from here on out is irrevalant.

You might not want to believe it, but that is reality.

I know tons of Yankees fans. They are obsessed with the Red Sox. The Sox fans may hate the Yankees more, but the Yankees fans really hate the Red Sox, and they won't be happy at all if Boston wins the WS.

FiN.in.RI said:
...STANKEES SUCK

:roflmao:

Kevin Brown was one hell of a pick-up.

Way to make history, girls :spit:

Four straight wins with 2 of them comming in STANKee stadium. Sox win the Series 4-3.. What a thrilling comeback.. I gotta give the stanks credit though, they played a good first 3 games. Next up Cards/Stros... Could this be the year? I guess we'll find out soon enough..

First team in Professional sports(with the exception of Hockey, twice) to come back from an 0-3 deficit to win 4 straight games in a best-of-seven series.

Curt Shilling pitches a brilliant game 6 with practically no tendon in his ankle and blood leaking out of his sock.. Can't forget "Ortiz for Prez" and his 2 game winning hits in the same day to win games 4 and 5. I could go on and on...

All I can ask is: Can these Dirt Dawgs be stopped? Not likely.

GO SOX #1 in '04
Awesome choke by the Yanks-mes!!

iceblizzard69 said:
I know tons of Yankees fans. They are obsessed with the Red Sox. The Sox fans may hate the Yankees more, but the Yankees fans really hate the Red Sox, and they won't be happy at all if Boston wins the WS.

I am a Yankee fan that goes back to the early-mid 80s and being Yankee fans has been in my family forever. We NEVER cared about the Sox, I never cared about the Sox growing up except that they beat us out a few times in the 80s for the AL East crown. Yankee fans are NOT obsessed w/ the Red Sox, it is the other way around. Sox fans are obsessed w/ the Yankees which is why they rioted after winning the ALCS and why Sox fans think they have won something. The curse is about not winning the WS not about beating the Yankees. This "rivalry" is so overblown, it was great in the 70s and it's been great the last 2 years but outside of that it's nothing. growing up I hated the Blue Jays, Orioles, Mets, Tigers and others more than I hated the Red Sox. I am upset more that the Red Sox are made up of a tam of classless punks than I am about losing to the Red Sox. If they were a classy bunch it would be easier.

iceblizzard69 said:

Yea so do I.. The Yankee fans I know hate the red sox with a passion and have hated them for a long time -Older fans too.

I am a Yankee fan that goes back to the early-mid 80s and being Yankee fans has been in my family forever. We NEVER cared about the Sox, I never cared about the Sox growing up except that they beat us out a few times in the 80s for the AL East crown

OH so then you became a fan when the Skankees SUCKED? Mid-80's the Skankees were so bad they couldn't give tickets away. So what pennants did the Red Sox exactly beat the Skankees for? In 1986 they were 5.5 games out of 1st. Not exactly a close race.

1980-finished 1st and were sweeped by KC in the ALCS
1981-finished 3rd
1982-finished 5th
1983-finished 3rd
1984-finished 3rd
1985-finished 2nd
1986-finished 2nd
1987-finished 4th
1988-finished 5th
1989-finished 5th

Not a stella decade for the Pinstripes was it?

And in the 70's the only two good years were 77 and 78. In 76 they were sweeped by Cincy in the WS. Didn't even eek out one win.

But looking at the Stats from back in the 70's and 80's makes me want 2 divisions again. East and West. That's it. None of this pansy "wildcard" ****. (Even though the Sox were the wildcard team this year ;)) Either you fought hard and won your divison or you didn't. THAT was Baseball.

Yankees = Chokers....

all that needs to be said

Back
Top Bottom