Ok...Final Draft Thoughts! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok...Final Draft Thoughts!

Well if you are correct, then this regime shouldn't even be here.

I really think we have to go with the assumption that this regime knows how to coach in regards to drafting stradegy.

I am going to give you a mulligan! Carl Dorale has never coached QBs at any level, and do I really need to point out Sparanos blunders.

But NO they shouldn't be here.

Just curious how you would have graded the Patriots draft compared to the Dolphins. Passing on Ingram for Vereen. Questionable pick of CB instead of a pass rusher in round 2. Not sure what they will do will Mallett. Will they even be able to develop him for trade value when Hoyer has done well as their #2 QB? If Ireland had a conviction on Daniel Thomas then I'm glad they got him because I'm sure he would've gone soon to the Packers or Bengals. And if teams like the Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals didn't have any conviction on the QB's in this class then it is understandable why the Dolphins didn't either. I guess the bottom line is whether you would rather have Pouncey & Thomas vs. Solder & Vereen.

Just curious how you would have graded the Patriots draft compared to the Dolphins. Passing on Ingram for Vereen. Questionable pick of CB instead of a pass rusher in round 2. Not sure what they will do will Mallett. Will they even be able to develop him for trade value when Hoyer has done well as their #2 QB? If Ireland had a conviction on Daniel Thomas then I'm glad they got him because I'm sure he would've gone soon to the Packers or Bengals. And if teams like the Seahawks, Redskins and Cardinals didn't have any conviction on the QB's in this class then it is understandable why the Dolphins didn't either. I guess the bottom line is whether you would rather have Pouncey & Thomas vs. Solder & Vereen.

:imho:
Me, I would have preferred Ingram and Mallett (and an RB like the kid from Oregon to be named later) :idk:

I would rather have had Pouncey and Mallett or Ingram and Mallett. Resign Ronnie if you took Pouncey.

Thats your opinion, doesn't mean your right. Time will tell.

If Mallett takes over for Brady in a few years and beats us like a drum, it will not go unnoticed by everyone. And will certainly be a stain on Ireland's legacy.

It isn't just Mallet....
Since the Pat's have had Drew Besole
They have gotten Tom Brady
Matt Cassel
Now Mallet
It's starting to be a little more than luck..When you have a starting QB...You can stockpile picks and QB's
and let them develop and trade them for more picks.
See what you can do,when you have a starting QB...but our front office..well thats just something else.

Since not a single team had a 1st or 2nd round grade on Mallett, the Dolphins can't be faulted for not taking him in those rounds. I am hoping that they can land DeAngelo Williams in free agency. I think it was time to move on from Ricky & Ronnie.

Since not a single team had a 1st or 2nd round grade on Mallett, the Dolphins can't be faulted for not taking him in those rounds. I am hoping that they can land DeAngelo Williams in free agency. I think it was time to move on from Ricky & Ronnie.
That's fine...
It still doesn't excuse them for taking a GUARD/hopeful center at 15...and trading away picks for a average back.

There were three quarterbacks who I really liked in this draft that I thought Miami had a shot at - Christian Ponder, Colin Kaepernick and Ricky Stanzi. Perhaps they could have traded down with a team like Pittsburgh, drafted Kaepernick and added a Randy Moffit in the 3rd. I was never a big fan of Ryan Mallett's, even though I liked his arm and deep passing talent. Just think he is too slow in his drops and setup. I do think Chad Henne will improve with more talent around him and Mike Pouncey could be an outstanding pick for this team. It's hard to leave this draft without a quarterback, though. Have to think that Vince Young is a possibility now as well. We shall see how it all works out.

Back
Top Bottom