Ok I’m Sold | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok I’m Sold

We MUST draft this WR Smith from Alabama with our first pick
I question Smith’s size at the NFL level. 175lbs is pretty small for a 6’1” guy. I don’t know how a guy with ~4.5 40 time speed will match up with NFL DBs who are his size and just as fast. The talent is certainly there, but I’d prefer Waddle if we are looking for a smaller playmaker.

I question Smith’s size at the NFL level. 175lbs is pretty small for a 6’1” guy. I don’t know how a guy with ~4.5 40 time speed will match up with NFL DBs who are his size and just as fast. The talent is certainly there, but I’d prefer Waddle if we are looking for a smaller playmaker.
He goes up like Parker and makes those impossible catches. With his speed that can’t be taught

Parker is good, but to me his injury issues have limited his potential of being a weekly game changing threat and at this point he should be a #2 receiver in my opinion

we seem to have an issue as an organization in getting top notch receivers....couldnt land one in marinos later years after duper/clayton and then irving fryar...we had mcduffie who was ok, gadsden...then after marino we had chris chambers who would make ridiculous catches and drop easy ones...we traded for marshall who was a diva on a bad fins team, mike wallace who was just a cog in the pittaburgh offense and he sucked everywhere else...we drafted ted ginn and while he wound up having a decent career he was drafted way too high and he was nothing special in miami

then we picked up once good players like ocho cinco, marty booker and david boston at the end of their careers...

it also doesnt help that weve had instability at the qb position, coaching and front office since the early 2000s

weve always tried to find hope in guys like clyde gates and egnew who we know deep down suck but we lie to ourselves every offseason

6'1 175 is really skinny. He reminds me of Robby Anderson. Chase is 25 pounds heavier. I'll take Chase or get Waddle with our 1B pick and put him in the slot

I don't think you can go wrong with Smith, Chase or Waddle.

I think Smith may be the best fit for Tua, though, with his precision route running. Maybe the best hands in the class as well.

I like the way Smith seems to just snag the ball out of the air, very natural pass catcher. He obviously has a knack for explosive plays too. I'd be okay with him with the 1a pick, but I also like others too. Just get a difference maker with a solid head on their shoulders and I'm sold too!

Back
Top Bottom