Ok I’m Sold | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ok I’m Sold

I question Smith’s size at the NFL level. 175lbs is pretty small for a 6’1” guy. I don’t know how a guy with ~4.5 40 time speed will match up with NFL DBs who are his size and just as fast. The talent is certainly there, but I’d prefer Waddle if we are looking for a smaller playmaker.

I mean, the guy just gets open. He's an excellent route runner at all 3 levels and creates separation regardless of the coverage. Some guys just have that ability. He wins against bigger, stronger, faster guys on a consistent basis.

He's the closest thing to Marvin Harrison I've ever seen.

Don't get me wrong though.... I think Ja'Marr Chase is a phenomenal prospect and I'd probably take him first. I know guys adapt differently, but watching Justin Jefferson tear the NFL up this season has me super excited about Chase. He's a better receiver.

For those of you who are concerned about Devonta Smith's size, he has played in the SEC for four years and has never been hurt. This conference is the breeding/proving ground for the NFL.

You need to focus on football skills first. He understands man-man and zone schemes better than anyone and his hands are unquestionably elite at high-pointing and catching the ball.

Then you look at physical attributes. He has more than enough speed to take it all the way to the house on every play. His body control and balance are also off the charts!

I liked Justin Jefferson as the best WR coming out of the draft last year and Devonta Smith is even better than he is as a pro prospect!

And to think that his name became relevant as the WR who caught Tua's walk-off TD in the National Championship game against Georgia!

For those of you who are concerned about Devonta Smith's size, he has played in the SEC for four years and has never been hurt. This conference is the breeding/proving ground for the NFL.

You need to focus on football skills first. He understands man-man and zone schemes better than anyone and his hands are unquestionably elite at high-pointing and catching the ball.

Then you look at physical attributes. He has more than enough speed to take it all the way to the house on every play. His body control and balance are also off the charts!

I liked Justin Jefferson as the best WR coming out of the draft last year and Devonta Smith is even better than he is as a pro prospect!

And to think that his name became relevant as the WR who caught Tua's walk-off TD in the National Championship game against Georgia!
Good points

6'1 175 is really skinny. He reminds me of Robby Anderson. Chase is 25 pounds heavier. I'll take Chase or get Waddle with our 1B pick and put him in the slot
We need speed on the outside

Yep
Thank you

I was watching him last night, and the term that kept coming to me about him is that he is simply annoying.

I know that does not sounds as flashy as Extremely talented, or Superstar waiting to happen, but how many times did Florida seem to have Alabama on 3rd down or 4th down, only to see Smith yet again making a play.

Obviously he's far more then that with how he scores, and is able to get chunk yardage, but he is also an annoying defensive backbreaking will destroying talent.

The size concern has nothing to do with worrying about his durability. Having football skills and IQ doesn’t stop elite CBs from pressing you at the line or bumping you off routes. To clarify, I’m fine with the Smith pick. I just like Waddle more as a guy to open up the field.

We MUST draft this WR Smith from Alabama with our first pick
I've been coveting him all year. That wing span is unreal. I've seen countless Tide games last year and this year and that guy just destroys it. I get why people would want Chase or Waddle, but Chase's opt out makes me a little nervous(all the opt outs do, tbh-maybe that's irrational, but something about it bugs me) and as far as Waddle, I get a little nervous about super speed guys. I know he can play, but sometimes that speed doesn't always translate to the NFL.
Smith is a football player.

Back
Top Bottom