Oklahoma dismisses QB Bomar | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oklahoma dismisses QB Bomar

Pennington's Rocket Arm

Sucking for Luck Since 2004
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2537332

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma starting quarterback Rhett Bomar will not play for the Sooners this season following an investigation by the team, according to a television report.

Oklahoma confirmed that two players had been dismissed by the team but did not identify them. The school said in a statement that the players violated NCAA rules by working at a private business and taking "payment over an extended period of time in excess of time actually worked."

Oklahoma City television station KWTV reported that Bomar, who set an Oklahoma freshman record with 2,018 passing yards after taking over as the Sooners' starter in the second game last season, was one of the two players who had been permanently dismissed.

WOW! thats crazy..It seems like college teams are really starting to crack down on behaivor. FSU dismissed 3 players, UM letting Willie Williams go, also suspending their players. good for the programs.

Nappy Roots said:
WOW! thats crazy..It seems like college teams are really starting to crack down on behaivor. FSU dismissed 3 players, UM letting Willie Williams go, also suspending their players. good for the programs.

:yes: Florida dismissed one of their starting CBs this season, Avery Atkins , for a Domestic Violence incident.

**** Bomar, that little peice of trash!! have fun playin in some wack division II school or not playin ball at all, thank you for probably ruining our season, you coulda been good man. :fire:

Words can not express my anger right now

AirFishOne said:
**** Bomar, that little peice of trash!! have fun playin in some wack division II school or not playin ball at all, thank you for probably ruining our season, you coulda been good man. :fire:

Words can not express my anger right now

When you have no clue as to what happened blame the player!!!!!

ok, forgive my previous post, i was obviously not thinking, well at least I have Dolphins football to look forward to

Wow, just read about this. :shakeno:

I'll be interested to hear the specifics.
I'm not a fan of some of the NCAA's rules for scholarship athletes that also work. This kid could be getting the shaft.

Trekbiz said:
Wow, just read about this. :shakeno:

I'll be interested to hear the specifics.
I'm not a fan of some of the NCAA's rules for scholarship athletes that also work. This kid could be getting the shaft.

no, he was getting paid large amounts for work he wasnt doin..

kid got what he deserved

Nappy Roots said:
no, he was getting paid large amounts for work he wasnt doin..

kid got what he deserved

If that's the case you're right.
People think those little "Alumni bonus packages" for players don't exist anymore but they do. Hell I even saw it happen at my school UCF when we were just DIV. 1AA.

You'd think they'd be smarter knowing they've got a contract coming in just a few years.

AirFishOne said:
ok, forgive my previous post, i was obviously not thinking, well at least I have Dolphins football to look forward to

You here any additional specifics on it AirFish or is it too painful to talk about right now?

Trekbiz said:
If that's the case you're right.
People think those little "Alumni bonus packages" for players don't exist anymore but they do. Hell I even saw it happen at my school UCF when we were just DIV. 1AA.

You'd think they'd be smarter knowing they've got a contract coming in just a few years.

oh yea. i seen some stuff happen....im not going to say anything just incase...but ive seen it

Back
Top Bottom