Oklahoma dismisses QB Bomar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oklahoma dismisses QB Bomar

Trekbiz said:
You here any additional specifics on it AirFish or is it too painful to talk about right now?

basicly, what happened was Rhett Bomar and his roomate starting guard J.D Quinn both worked at a car delership over the summer, they were payed a certain amount of money for hours they never worked.

Lets say you make $500 dollars for 2 hours.....in 2 hours they worked, they earned more money than $500.

They really got 18k

AirFishOne said:
basicly, what happened was Rhett Bomar and his roomate starting guard J.D Quinn both worked at a car delership over the summer, they were payed a certain amount of money for hours they never worked.

Lets say you make $500 dollars for 2 hours.....in 2 hours they worked, they earned more money than $500.

They really got 18k

:rolleyes2

18K that could cost them millions when they end up not getting drafted. Silly Rabbit.

That's too bad man.
Does OU have a QB that can step up and produce?

I got forced into liking the Sooners while living in Texas. My ex was from OK and went to OU. We went to almost all the OU Tex and OU Nebraska games for 5 years. Hated them at first but damned if they didn't grow on me.

They're not my favorite and your not going to catch me with an OU hat on but I always check to see how they are doing.

Well Paul Thompson who has been here since 2002 at WR has most experience, I really beleive it is his destiny to lead us to somehting big, I mean he got here backing up the great Jason White, then had to start in a bad situation against TCU last year, with no o line, no reciving core, and a terrible OC, he suffered witha young team and the nation judged him on that, I beleive he will lead us to the promise land, it would certanly be a great story, I really hope he does

Other than that we have Joey Halzle, a strong JUCO QB outa California, he shoulg make some noise, as well as highly recruited true freshman Sam Bradford, but i think Paul will get the nod

Cmon Paul I beleive, it is now us against the world

Sorry to hear about this man I know you had some high hopes for the season. I'd pretty much jump in front of a bus if it were Quinn and ND.

thank you for your sympathy Don, but thats the thing about top notch programs like Oklahoma, Notre Dame, USC, etc.... if we lose one star we are bound to get another in a short period of time, I still have faith but im still dissapointed

Well, at least now we dont haveto listen to AirFishOne blow hot air about OU all year. Why couldnt this happen 5-6 months ago! :lol:

AirFishOne said:
Well Paul Thompson who has been here since 2002 at WR has most experience, I really beleive it is his destiny to lead us to somehting big, I mean he got here backing up the great Jason White,
If this statement doesnt reek of homerism, I dont know what does then. How is the "great" Jason White doing anyway? He still playing in the California Beach League?

Funny thing is, if this happened at Florida there would probably be more people cheering than upset. :lol:

Philter25 said:
How is the "great" Jason White doing anyway? He still playing in the California Beach League?
:lol:

i think it shows alot of class for OU to do this, they will not try and hide rule breaking and for that they should be applauded

Philter25 said:
Well, at least now we dont haveto listen to AirFishOne blow hot air about OU all year. Why couldnt this happen 5-6 months ago! :lol:

If this statement doesnt reek of homerism, I dont know what does then. How is the "great" Jason White doing anyway? He still playing in the California Beach League?

Welll lets see, countless individual awards including the Heisman trophy, holds all of OU's school records for passing, quaterbacked for some of OU's best teams in recent history, never lost at Owen Field, 1 NC ring, 2 back to back NC apperances, 3 Big XII CC rings, undefeated against Texas.....oh yea he did all of this on 2 broken knees for God's sakes!!! Also who gives a damn about how his future went after OU, is that how you measure great players in college by how they did in the NFL? So by that logic Tom Brady must be one the greatest players in NCAA history...wrong! You cant deny that Jason White was one of the greatest QB's in recent history, yes he didnt do too well in the final NC games, but those were team meltdowns, besides if you wanna bash him for that you might as well bash Marino for that too, all the records, individual awards...but no Ring (Jason has a ring but was backup to Heupel in 2000)

Whats the difference between me talking about my FAVORITE team than Hurricane fans on here talking about their team....hell, some of em even say that he (kyle Write) will win the Hiesman....sounds pretty homer to me. Everything that comes outa my mouth seems to be homer, mayb because I am the only Sooner fan here, is it homer to expect your team to do well? Oklahoma fans are not happy with 1-2 loss seasons like most Hurricanes fans are we expect 14-0, 13-0 seasons, go to our board (which I highly doubt you will) look at us, just because we lost an AVERAGE qb dosent mean we are done.

what BS, you can't work at a private bussiness according to the NCAA. thats alot of BS. can someone explain to me why the league won't allow this

nick1 said:
what BS, you can't work at a private bussiness according to the NCAA. thats alot of BS. can someone explain to me why the league won't allow this

is this a serious question?

Motion said:
Funny thing is, if this happened at Florida there would probably be more people cheering than upset. :lol:

Motion, Urban has the "brook trout look" in your sig. :lol:

J/K.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Motion, Urban has the "brook trout look" in your sig. :lol:

J/K.

That pic was probably taken after one of Leak's Option Baseball Slides. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom