Oklahoma dismisses QB Bomar | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Oklahoma dismisses QB Bomar

Adrian said:
is this a serious question?
yes it is, why can't someone work for a private buiness? the NCAA has alot of dumb rules. and how is it that Jeremy Bloom is kicked out of the league for being paid as a pro skiier but the guy from ND can box pro and stay in the league and the other guy from ND just got money from the Chicago Cubs and remains in the league. I don't get the NCAA rules

He should have went to tO$U if he wanted paid. The NCAA and its head moron Myles Brand let the *uckeyes walk all over the rulebook.

I heard Troy Smith did almost the same thing, accepted money from boosters, and ole tressel just suspeneded him for 1 game :shakeno:

AirFishOne said:
I heard Troy Smith did almost the same thing, accepted money from boosters, and ole tressel just suspeneded him for 1 game :shakeno:

Its not about what the coaches do, its the NCAA. They are really cracking down on this stuff.

nick1 said:
yes it is, why can't someone work for a private buiness? the NCAA has alot of dumb rules. and how is it that Jeremy Bloom is kicked out of the league for being paid as a pro skiier but the guy from ND can box pro and stay in the league and the other guy from ND just got money from the Chicago Cubs and remains in the league. I don't get the NCAA rules

They were being paid a lot more then they were actually working that's the problem. It has nothing to do w/ working for a private business. It has to do w/ being paid for work you arent doing because you are a football player. And the ND guy wasnt sponsored, Jeremy Bloom refused to drop his sponsorship that was the difference between them. If Zib had said I use this brand of boxing glove or use this sports drink because it's the best and got paid for it it would have been a violation. Big difference between the two. Same w/ Jeff and the Cubs. You can be a pro athlete and get paid, you just cant get paid by outside companies in the form of sponsorship.

DonShula84 said:
They were being paid a lot more then they were actually working that's the problem. It has nothing to do w/ working for a private business. It has to do w/ being paid for work you arent doing because you are a football player. And the ND guy wasnt sponsored, Jeremy Bloom refused to drop his sponsorship that was the difference between them. If Zib had said I use this brand of boxing glove or use this sports drink because it's the best and got paid for it it would have been a violation. Big difference between the two. Same w/ Jeff and the Cubs. You can be a pro athlete and get paid, you just cant get paid by outside companies in the form of sponsorship.
I understand now thank you

He broke the rules and knew he was breaking them. He deserved to be kicked off.

super bump!

Haters, well we didnt make it to the NC game, but we did make it to Glendale.

Heres to the haters eating crow

:tongue:

OU just secured a 4 star QB too who had already committed to MSU. With Halzle, and this guy, the QB position if finally getting some solidarity down there. Go OU!

Back
Top Bottom