Old jokes aside, Jay Cutler is getting last laugh with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Old jokes aside, Jay Cutler is getting last laugh with Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jay Cutler started for the Dolphins on Sunday, and out came the old Jay Cutler jokes.
But make no mistake: Miami is not Chicago, and this Jay Cutler is not that Jay Cutler.
Well, he kind of is, because he's playing for Adam Gase again. But that's the only similarity. Cutler was paid well as a suddenly-wanted quarterback to elevate a playoff team. His situation with the Dolphins is a lot different than being a lame duck with little support on a lost Bears team.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...uarterback-adam-gase/7q73yczau7l16wc6ijh5y8y4

True, and it was two field goals, but if you extrapolate the effectiveness of the deep passing game in the second half to full games, I think the result will be far more firepower and points on offense in games to come.

This can essentially be the difference between the offensive output from last season, and the output from this season. When opposing defenses adjusted and gameplanned to stop Ajayi after he got going last year, there wasn't much of an answer in terms of the downfield passing game. Tannehill was accurate in that area, but those passes were not frequent.

Yesterday Cutler threw six passes of over 20 yards in the air in the second half, whereas Tannehill's average number of such passes per half in 2016 was only 1.5.

So, the result can be that opposing defenses can't sell out to stop either Ajayi or the downfield passing game. They have to respect both -- unlike last year -- which puts them in a quandary, and makes Miami's offense potentially much more effective.
I hope so bro....Cutler can look like Marino on one hand and have you eating cardboard on the other. he has guts and is not afraid to make throws even when ill advised. The writer used words like the "new Cutler", he isn't new, he has been doing this his whole career. With Cutler, it WILL be feast or famine, we can win the SB with him, or go 4-12. I look forward to see what he can do.

Too early to tell, but Cutler will have to have his best season for Miami to make the playoffs.

I do like his deep game potential with Parker, Stills and Grant.

And how many were completed?

He completed three of the six (50%), four if you count the one Parker dropped that looked like it may have been a catch and then a fumble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeezz..I watched every game Cutler played for the Bears, you just don't get it. He had lots of great games and great stretches where we thought he wasn't the "old" Jay Cutler anymore...but he would always return, at the worst possible moment.

Jeezz..I watched every game Cutler played for the Bears, you just don't get it. He had lots of great games and great stretches where we thought he wasn't the "old" Jay Cutler anymore...but he would always return, at the worst possible moment.
The funny thing is everybody thinks our coach called a conservative game, but in reality it's the only way to keep jay from f__king the game up.

Look, I am happy Cutler had a nice game and more importantly a win...but according to parcells "put down the anointing oil" We beat a weak team because they missed a field goal.
Anytime you traveled across the coasts and beat a team on the road in NFL is a good win. And the `weak team` almost beated a strong Denver team on their home turf.

Look, I am happy Cutler had a nice game and more importantly a win...but according to parcells "put down the anointing oil" We beat a weak team because they missed a field goal.

How do you know they are a weak team? It's too early in the season to make such a statement.
They were competitive on the road in week 1 against what appears to be a very good Broncos team. They put up 21 pts against one of the top defenses in the league and were within a FG of taking that game to overtime.
It's amusing reading some of the posts before the game when we learned Timmons wasn't playing.
All doom and gloom with predictions of a huge blowout loss. The Chargers were loaded with talent. Rivers and Gordon were going to eviscerate the defense, Bosa and Ingram were going to destroy our Oline.
The phins pull out a win and all of a sudden, they are a doormat with no talent and the win means nothing.

How do you know they are a weak team? It's too early in the season to make such a statement.
They were competitive on the road in week 1 against what appears to be a very good Broncos team. They put up 21 pts against one of the top defenses in the league and were within a FG of taking that game to overtime.
It's amusing reading some of the posts before the game when we learned Timmons wasn't playing.
All doom and gloom with predictions of a huge blowout loss. The Chargers were loaded with talent. Rivers and Gordon were going to eviscerate the defense, Bosa and Ingram were going to destroy our Oline.
The phins pull out a win and all of a sudden, they are a doormat with no talent and the win means nothing.
Well they did go 5-11 last year and have started the year 0-2 even with all that loaded talent. They also loss to a Dolphin team decimated by injuries with a weak defense. I would say that is a pretty weak team.

Back
Top Bottom