Omar the bone smuggler gives unsolicited advice to Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar the bone smuggler gives unsolicited advice to Miami

fin007

Club Member
Reaction score

I learned in middle school never to give unsolicited advice. No one will appreciate it. 😂

Not only that, but to do so is simply arrogant and foolish.

i agree with Omar in this case, nothing we havant already talked about in the ither threads

Yea he makes some good points but I feel the Dolphins are way ahead of him and have a solution we all can live with

Heavily back loaded contract with an out if he doesn't perform

He proposes 5 year 230 which is about my max. I’d be okay with that and say 180 million guaranteed. Can structure similar to Hurts contract with void years mixed in.

I had no issues with the article. I'm all for extending Tua on a fair market contract this offseason. Everything is going to be hindsight 20/20 for half the base.

We know (or think we know) with Tua we have a shot at a division crown every year. With tua we also know that we are not going to be picking in the top 3 to get the "new qb of the future"

If tua puts up similar per game numbers as the last couple of years combined with an equal winning % and maybe a home playoff game, in 2 years his AAV is prob gonna jump 10 million a year.

Another positive of signing him this offseason is he doesnt have another QB to compare himself to to increase his asking price. No disrespect to Baker, but he's not going to reset a market or even come close.

you make him play out his 5th year option and go into 2025 with his as UFA then you risk Jacksonville doing something crazy as hell with Trevor Lawrences contract (if he reverts back to his 2022 self) that pushes Tua's asking price up.

Its no like Omar said we had to play the slow game, just if he didnt want a fair for all sides contract then to play the slow game. I just think playing this game will cost us more in the long range. Look whats gonna happen if we try to retain Wilkins this season. I'm sure his asking price is 4-5 million more than what it would've been had we signed him offseason.

I agree and don't agree with Omar, I don't think any of Cousins, Mayfield, Wilson or Garoppolo are going to be comparable to what Tua will likely get in a contract, those QB's have way less value than Tua, especially Garoppolo, I mean, come on Omar. I don't think Tua's durability should be a factor either, there is little reason to think he has the chance to get hurt more than any other QB, not anymore.

I do like his Kyler Murray contract option for Tua, a 5 year deal close to that value seems about right

I have no personal interest in Lockedon other than always getting some great perspective but yesterday's episode was enlightening. I suggest a listen if you haven't already. Some highlights:

Tua contract- doesn't think it will be north of 55 as both sides seem amicable and looking to get it done
Great input on how we compare to both Superbowl teams
Grier was a bit blindsided by loss of 1/3 draft picks-really hurt the cap issue for us as it would have surely put us in a better position to get $$$ relief
Nice bit about when to trade stars ala LA Rams/KC to maybe have a transitional year and not a full breakdown
Showed value of oline as SF was getting mauled when heavy personnel was out...line couldn't hold up
How McD's mentor made similar mistakes to his mentor in SF

Wasn't a fluff bit, just logical stuff and bottom line is we are in ok shape but need to do some things

I agree and don't agree with Omar, I don't think any of Cousins, Mayfield, Wilson or Garoppolo are going to be comparable to what Tua will likely get in a contract, those QB's have way less value than Tua, especially Garoppolo, I mean, come on Omar. I don't think Tua's durability should be a factor either, there is little reason to think he has the chance to get hurt more than any other QB, not anymore.

I do like his Kyler Murray contract option for Tua, a 5 year deal close to that value seems about right
I am reading Mayfield as-Five years at $150 million with around $60 million guaranteed
Cousins at 3 yrs, #120m , 80m fully guaranteed
above per Spotrac

Those are crazy numbers.

Every QB should be buying Daniel Jones a beer when they see him.
Or we should curse the Giants for paying him that and then remembering they beat the Patriots, so buying Eli Manning a Hotty Toddy (or two) is acceptable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom