OMG some more news...Brandon Stokely | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OMG some more news...Brandon Stokely

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Dolphins | Like Stokley - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
20:46 PT: The Baltimore Sun reports the Miami Dolphins are interested in free agent WR Brandon Stokley (Ravens).

He's another fast skinny white guy that is hurt all the time.

Well I didn't know about injury issues but I'm actually happy to hear we're interested.

A while ago I pretty much clumped Stokely and Martay Jenkins together as guys with loads of potential that could just need a break. We haven't really been linked to Jenkins yet, but I'm glad to hear we could give Stokely a chance.

I like Stokely as a slot WR. If he's signed, and say Thompson is signed, where does McKnight fit in? Answer: He probably doesn't and would likely be dropped in favor of someone who can be equally as productive with a smaller cap figure.

Sounds good. That would give us four yougn wide receivers including Simmons. That would be a great move. He fits a lot better than J-Mac in the slot. Simmons isn't a bad fourth receiver.

Why are we ignoring a clearly more refined WR who comes cheap and is an explosive return man - Arizona's MarTay Jenkins?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Well I didn't know about injury issues but I'm actually happy to hear we're interested.

A while ago I pretty much clumped Stokely and Martay Jenkins together as guys with loads of potential that could just need a break. We haven't really been linked to Jenkins yet, but I'm glad to hear we could give Stokely a chance.

stokely was the guy who made the huge play for a long TD in teh superbowl a couple of years ago that broke the game wide open for the ravens.

we could very well end up like this
1) chambers
2) some stud rookie that we will get in the seocnd rd. ala chambers
3) Thompson
4) Stokely

the thing i would like about this is haveing a bunch of wide recievers who work hard and play there roles. not to mention great potential for the future!

Re: I'd rather have Jenkins...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I wonder why no one seems to be interested in him.

That is mainly due to his agent asking for 3 million a year.

Originally posted by Jaj
Sounds good. That would give us four yougn wide receivers including Simmons. That would be a great move. He fits a lot better than J-Mac in the slot. Simmons isn't a bad fourth receiver.

I assume that you are referring to Sam Simmons. If so, when have you seen Simmons play to know that he "isn't a bad fourth receiver".

Hah precisely.

The 4th WR has to be able to step in if one of the starters is injured because our 3rd WR is the slot guy.

This year, J-Mac was our 4th WR. I'd say considering his production beat both Gadsden and Chambers after he stepped in, that him as our 4th WR worked out pretty well for us.

I think Expo is right Stokley would be a great slot man and I think thats why we're considering him. Thats where he fits. I think our interest in him comes from Hilliard re-upping with the Giants because I think Hilliard was going to be our slot man in the three-wide sets.

Thompson is no slot man, I don't think Conway or Robinson are either. I've never considered Martay Jenkins to be a slot guy either so maybe thats why we haven't gone for him. Overall I think we've got two WRs coming to us. There will be a dude who can play slot (probably on the cheaper side) and a dude to compete with J-Mac for the starter's job and the loser of that battle gets 4th WR status.

Back
Top Bottom