One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet

What would be your limit of our record before we decide to do this then? 8-2, 9-1?
Someone mentioned this earlier in another post...I would rest everyone the following week against NE at their stadium. This way they are more rested when playing NE two weeks later in our house.

Someone mentioned this earlier in another post...I would rest everyone the following week against NE at their stadium. This way they are more rested when playing NE two weeks later in our house.

This is an idea I really like. Of all the games we are going to play this year, playing against NE in Foxboro is the less winable. Chances are less than 5% that we win there. So taking that week as a bye week, specially for veteran players like Wake, Suh, Cutler, Jones, Timmons, Maxwell, Verner and injury prone players like Pouncey, Thomas, Bushrod and Alonso can be a brilliant idea on how to compensate for the lack of a bye week without risking losing a winable game. I would also rest some key players like Tunsil, Ajayi and Parker.

Yeah, you've got to focus on the positives. The NFL made the right decision IMO even though I hate not really having a bye.

It may give Larsen an extra game and gives Miami more time to prepare for San Diego. There could be some rust there, but hopefully not.

Agree with you that if the team is good enough they will have to overcome some odds along the way.

People really think that we're going to lay low against a division rival, huh?

Here's a question for you all: If you're Gase, do you still treat Week 11 like a bye week? That is, play all your backups to give the starters some much needed rest in this NON-Divisional game. I say if we have a record of at least 7-3, I would do this. Anything worse than that record, and we would need to get the win.

I don't think the team will have the luxury to do that. Too many teams figure to be in the playoff hunt to play backups. Tampa Bay is also a team that will be difficult to beat with all the starters playing their best.

Saying that, I think the team could limit Ajayi's carries a bit, especially if he has had a lot of carries the previous couple of weeks.

In a league where a season is only 16 games and where playoff spots are often decided by tie-breakers in the last week...people actually think throwing a game for rest is a good idea?!?

Either you folks are over-thinking this, or I'm in bizzaro world.

I just do not understand it. No way, no how do our players, our Head Coach just lay down when we visit the Pats at their house. Are you all kidding? We go there to take the win, nothing less.

Here's a question for you all: If you're Gase, do you still treat Week 11 like a bye week? That is, play all your backups to give the starters some much needed rest in this NON-Divisional game. I say if we have a record of at least 7-3, I would do this. Anything worse than that record, and we would need to get the win.
:wacky:stop:wacky

Wow ive heard it all now lets just give away a game against the biggest rivals to rest the starters REALLY!!!! come on its a game any given sunday and all. I can just imagine Gase says OK we are 8-2 lets take a loss to NE here 8-3 and then we go 8-8 and everybody wants him sacked GET REAL.

Just to flip the coin, the Dolphins go 2-4 to end the season. The players bitterly complaining they are just worn out without just needed bye. 2+ games out of the wildcard and game tapes shows a team played as hard as the could.

What's the reaction? I'd be pissed. Especially if a player with a soft tissue injury tried to pain through the injury and ended up causing real damage to his playing career.

Just to flip the coin, the Dolphins go 2-4 to end the season. The players bitterly complaining they are just worn out without just needed bye. 2+ games out of the wildcard and game tapes shows a team played as hard as the could.

What's the reaction?
I'd be pissed. Especially if a player with a soft tissue injury tried to pain through the injury and ended up causing real damage to his playing career.

Welcome to football. ?

Life's not fair, don't expect football to be. ?

Stop complaining, it's gets you nowhere. ?

Something along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom