Opponents next year.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opponents next year..

Talk about other teams' growth, but ignore the fact that we were in a position to win almost all of our games last year. Bad luck against the Jets/Cards, Suspect coverage vs Colts, should've won first meeting with Bills and hung with the 9ers and Pats(first meeting) until eventually being overcome by the title contenders. Even with ALL of the holes, no pass rush, rookie qb, no wrs, no seam te, injured dbs we still beat Cincy, Seattle and an up and coming team in the Rams.

Factor the possibility of Tannehill having actual weapons, his certain growth in the position. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and a boatload of cash with a TON of DB/OL talent coming free, two outstanding receivers becoming FA, and a bunch of reliable 3rd down pass rushing options. There are plenty of reasons to be "rosie eyed" imo. It all hinges on FA so i'll revisit my stance in about 2 weeks.

Talk about other teams' growth, but ignore the fact that we were in a position to win almost all of our games last year. Bad luck against the Jets/Cards, Suspect coverage vs Colts, should've won first meeting with Bills and hung with the 9ers and Pats(first meeting) until eventually being overcome by the title contenders. Even with ALL of the holes, no pass rush, rookie qb, no wrs, no seam te, injured dbs we still beat Cincy, Seattle and an up and coming team in the Rams.

Factor the possibility of Tannehill having actual weapons, his certain growth in the position. 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and a boatload of cash with a TON of DB/OL talent coming free, two outstanding receivers becoming FA, and a bunch of reliable 3rd down pass rushing options. There are plenty of reasons to be "rosie eyed" imo. It all hinges on FA so i'll revisit my stance in about 2 weeks.

And thus explains away finheavens reasoning for our loses. Luck. :lol:

Doesnt matter "if we came close" to winning or "should have won". How many of those games did we come close to losing? We beat the Rams by a field goal. Who's to say Carpenter misses that next time and the Rams win in overtime? How about Seattle, we cant miss a kick there? Carpenters had stretches of missed kicks. So yeah, i "ignore the fact we were in position to win" all our games because we had a couple of games that we were in position to lose but were able to claw out a win. It goes both ways, but people on here forget that.

And hilariously, how many posters on here have scornfully slammed other teams for "winning the offseason"? How many posters point out that signing a bunch of players NEVER works out? Now we are totally going to build a contender overnight. Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom