Orton | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orton

Joe Flipper said:
I told ya all.....we should have drafted Orton.....i said it draft day....im saying it again.....:yell:

Sure he's looked good but he's been playing against 2nd/3rd stringers and he hasen't played in a real game where thay game plan...Lets not get too crazy on ORTON.

dolfan005 said:
mee too hes from iowa and ive been following him since high school

Where in Iowa? I'm from IA too!

OneHondo said:
Rex Grossman is fragile, can you imagine him playing behind our line? He would be wearing elbow pads, knee pads, flak vest, you name it. Please "NO" to Rex Grossman!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Screw leinhart.Get someone else like chris leak or drew tate or omar jacobs.We all know wat happens to heisman trophy winners when they return for there senior season.Just look at jason white-hes retired.

burghPhinFan said:
Well if Wanne had taken Brees instead of Fletcher, this thread wouldn't exist. That has to be the hallmark of his ineptitude. :fire: :shakeno:
Yes, it would.

You guys would have been calling for Brees head after the '02 season and especially after the '03 season. The '04 season would have never happened in Miami.

Dphins4me said:
Yes, it would.

You guys would have been calling for Brees head after the '02 season and especially after the '03 season. The '04 season would have never happened in Miami.

I dont think so. I can't speak for most fans here but I would certainly have more patience with a young Qb than a vet backup like Fiedler or Feeley. We gave Fletcher years to earn his keep, don't see why we wouldnt have given Brees a chance. I think our team was a lot better than the Chargers the first few years Brees was there. It was LT and nothing else on offense. Notice when they got Gates and some competant Wr's that he started playing like a stud. Strange.

I haven't read the whole post and don't need too. I have one thing to say:

:yell: STOP F'IN CRYING about who we could have had and the best junk pickup of the week. We have what we have and we'll make it work one way or the other. The guy has one good preseason game and we should have taken him. No one looks good behind our line, especially a rookie QB, I don't care who it is. If he were on this team you'd be crying how bad he looks and what a wasted pick it was, when we could have had Daniels a starting CB.

dorsaroll156 said:
Screw leinhart.Get someone else like chris leak or drew tate or omar jacobs.We all know wat happens to heisman trophy winners when they return for there senior season.Just look at jason white-hes retired.

The difference is Leinart will probably be a top 5 pick, and Jason White went undrafted.

finfansince72 said:
I dont think so. I can't speak for most fans here but I would certainly have more patience with a young Qb than a vet backup like Fiedler or Feeley.
You may be, but most would not be. Also why not be patient with AJ?

finfansince72 said:
We gave Fletcher years to earn his keep, don't see why we wouldnt have given Brees a chance..
Gave Fletcher 3 years. Like I said. The '04 season of Brees would not have happened in Miami. After his '03 campaign he would have been replaced.

finfansince72 said:
I think our team was a lot better than the Chargers the first few years Brees was there. It was LT and nothing else on offense. Notice when they got Gates and some competant Wr's that he started playing like a stud. Strange.
Offense had very little talent, just like SD.

LithoMan said:
You all got legit points. It is his rookie year, and he is playing against 2nd stringers. But, I look at it this way. They are all NFL caliber players, that made it from college. Some will cut for sure, but right now, 65 x 32 = 2080 of the best players at the NFL level. Brees is one, and so are the 2nd stringers he is going against. Just to brush off the numbers and his completion percentage because he is playing against some guys that will get cut, is ridiculous. Because, some of those guys will be starters too.

My arguement is this. He was a 4th round choice, everybody was aware of his play making ability at Purdue, or at least I hope they were. For that kind of potential, at the 4th round pricetag, I consider that a huge value. Now, you want to argue for Travis Daniels, thats cool. But, I look at Daniels, and just because he HAS to start, doesn't make him a better value. He was Nicks boy, and I think was favored for that reason. That was a straight up need pick taking Daniels, you cant argue that. And that need picking will kill you everytime. I may be wrong about Daniels, and for the sake of us getting french fried hugely in the secondary, I hope I am wrong. But, I dont believe so. I think the Orton threads will flourish as the season goes along. Because Daniels has to start, not that he is starting material.

All I can say, is we shall see.

AWWWW!!!!!! Dude, you're slippin'. All these excuses are made for players on the team, but none of those exceptions are made for first year players of other teams. Orton's killin' it. Period. Today, he was named the starter. So far, this preseason he's outperformed every rookie that the team has on it's roster. That's infallible. He would give the team strong play at a position that sorely needs it.

This past April, few here felt Alex Smith worth his draft position-likewise Aaron Rogers wasn't wanted by many at the position it would've taken to get him.

Now, Orton comes into play. I'm not the only one who wanted him on the team either. Posts by users show as much. I've seen Frye mentioned as well. While Orton starts and Frye is assured of seeing first quarter action this year-the team is stuck with what? A QB who needs to improve a lot in a hurry.

Forget this "NFL guys know better" crap too. In Wannstedt you trust. I (we)won't. That blind faith placed in NFL decision makes has been given far too much d**ning evidence.

Call a spade a spade. It is what it is. Don't be afraid to be critical of team management when the situation warrents it. Last year, how many of us posted on the board hosted by the Miami Dolphins website? Then, the board was shut down. Then, Wanny resigned. Coincidence?? Unlikely. You have within the power of your collective voice to make change. There was so much promise of a special offseason in March, only to see it play out the way it has wriles me. Patrick Surtain traded for Matt Roth??? Traded for a second round choice indeed, but that selection was spent-and it was on Matt Roth. If Kansas had come callin' in March and offered Roth for Surtain, what would you have said? Don't reply and tell me and pontificate the relevance of your point of view-answer to yourself. Everyday you wake up and look in the mirror. Ask yourself, would have done this, or wouldn't I? After a couple mornings of that, I expect you to rage against this madness as well. That's the equivalent of the Denver Broncos trading Trevor Pryce for Larry Johnson. A premier player at a position that's hard to get those types of players, for a lesser athlete-at a position that's already a strength? I concede no less than I might be too big a fan, but this coming of the Wanny debacle and users expect people like myself and Litho to not be critical? Let this be my motto-I rant, because I care.

Joe Flipper said:
I told ya all.....we should have drafted Orton.....i said it draft day....im saying it again.....:yell:

And this means what now? How is this thread contributing to the Dolphins? I suppose that you feel that he would be our starter now.... There are so many different variables that come into this decision making process that most of us would be clueless once those were revealed.

Joe Flipper said:

Bottom line, we didn't draft him. Hindsight is 20/20, he may or may not be good. Lets just concentrate on what we DO have and we may have missed on. Besides, let Orton start a game or play a game vs first string before you put him in Canton.

Orton is my qb in madden, but thats cause Berlins not in the game, still i like our draft picks

Back
Top Bottom