Orton | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orton

1st round pick: Ronnie Brown- Best player in the draft IMO
2nd round: Matt Roth- Already a fan favorite bc of his intensity and orton is a reach here
3rd: Channing Crowder- projected 1st rounder
4th: Travis Daniels- a steal who has a good shot at starting on opening day

I would have liked Orton too, but which one of those players would you want to give up?

dolfan005 said:
mee too hes from iowa and ive been following him since high school

wait...I thought that Orton went to high school in Texas! Really, I think he did.

spydertl79 said:
1st round pick: Ronnie Brown- Best player in the draft IMO
2nd round: Matt Roth- Already a fan favorite bc of his intensity and orton is a reach here
3rd: Channing Crowder- projected 1st rounder
4th: Travis Daniels- a steal who has a good shot at starting on opening day

I would have liked Orton too, but which one of those players would you want to give up?

You answered your own question. Daniels. Orton wouldn't have a good shot at starting opening day? At that point in the draft, my god man, you got a good quality QB, at a great price. You can always get another CB, but not another QB.

ORTON would look great in a fin uniform right now....watching him and watching AJ and GUS....what a joke..........:rofl3:

Maybe we could actually see him play in a game that really counts..before we make bold statements like this. Not saying Orton isnt the real deal...but havent we all seen great pre season performances turn into nothing during the season?

Joe Flipper said:
I told ya all.....we should have drafted Orton.....i said it draft day....im saying it again.....:yell:

I'm with you there.

kingnate85 said:
I don't get the point of this post. So? We'll just get an even better quarterback in the next off-season.

I agree. Orton this year or Jacobs next year?

Jacobs next year.

Saban4prez said:
ronnie brown, matt roth, channing crowder, and travis daniels.

nope, can't say i'd trade any of them for kyle orton.

of those players i would be willing to part with Matt Roth. the guy has great intensity, but at the Nfl level you need more than that. i see him more as a situational player or a good player comming off the bench to rest your starter. i'm having a hard time seeing him as a rising star in the league.

Saban4prez said:
ronnie brown, matt roth, channing crowder, and travis daniels.

nope, can't say i'd trade any of them for kyle orton.

I'd trade Roth....He is having a hard time adjusting. Not for Orton but most def. a Offensive lineman.

If I had a dollar for every good Qb we didnt take because he "wasnt good value", wasn't the "best player available" or just because we have defensive minded coaches that don't believe you need to spend a good draft pick on a Qb Id own the phins right now. Orton would have been a steal in the 4th, I could see passing on him in the 2nd, maybe 3rd but Id have jumped on him in the 4th. Id rather have a starting NFL, repeat NFL caliber Qb than a starting caliber CB anyday of the week. Im tired of waiting until next year every frikin year to get a quality Qb. Orton would have been cheap for 2-3 years too....

Back
Top Bottom