Orton | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orton

I do like this orton kid but we didnt get him, so lets rally around the guys we have and give up the if ands buts. there really isnt much else availible right now and you wouldnt want a qb to come into this right now.

I think every college qb's name was mentioned by our fans as a selection. Only one out of like 20 have looked good so far, and thats orton. Our odds were not very good of getting "the one". We took some safer picks with great upside and did alright i think.

Joe Flipper said:
I told ya all.....we should have drafted Orton.....i said it draft day....im saying it again.....:yell:
if we had taken Orton then we would not have either Travis Daniels or Channing Crowder... depending on where you picked Orton. I'd rather one of those stand out rookie defensive players than Orton, JMO.

because of a preseason game orton is the next great QB? too funny. I am with some of the other posters, i wouldn't give up any of the top 4 fins picks for him, they will all be starters this year or next. we can see where orton is when the games start.

ummmm, I watched that game last night on TV. Before you go placing Orton in Canton, he went against 2nd stringers. They were protecting him obviously. He played well, but just wait until he goes against a real team ok? he he.

BTW, None of us should worry about the Buffalo Bills. We are going to blow that offensive line away. Trust me. They suck. Losman was once again running around like crazy and trying to catch his breath. Mcgahee 21 for 61. They stuck it to them. They had 6 points total offense. Clements INT for TD was against Hutchinson who by the way will be out of football once Chicago can get another QB. Lets hope its not Rohan Davey. Buffalo D is not really a problem either IMO. If we can just gets some blocking we can take care of that.

Found out last night I will be in the Jim Kelly Suite at rich Stadium on October 9! What a party it shall be!

LithoMan said:
You got that right. He tore it up again tonight. We could of had him in the 2nd, the 3rd, or the 4th round. That would of just been a wasted pick in the 4th now wouldnt it? Great value at QB. Kyle needed a lil' groomin, well worth his 4th round selection though. Oh well, enjoy!

Tore it up? He was 7-11. That's nice but it's just a sample of playing time. WHy don't we wait til the regular season before we anoint him okay?:shakeno:

Well if Wanne had taken Brees instead of Fletcher, this thread wouldn't exist. That has to be the hallmark of his ineptitude. :fire: :shakeno:

burghPhinFan said:
Well if Wanne had taken Brees instead of Fletcher, this thread wouldn't exist. That has to be the hallmark of his ineptitude. :fire: :shakeno:

If Wanne had taken Brees, 9 times out of 10 he would of probably be driven out of Miami a la Griese.

Joe Flipper said:
I told ya all.....we should have drafted Orton.....i said it draft day....im saying it again.....:yell:

Why? Because of pre-season? Brock Berlins played well this pre-season, does that mean we should have drafted him as well?

Last thing I remember is a Dolphin defender running an Orton pass back for touchdown.

vt_dolfan said:
Maybe we could actually see him play in a game that really counts..before we make bold statements like this. Not saying Orton isnt the real deal...but havent we all seen great pre season performances turn into nothing during the season?

And, we saw Brees rookie year, and then the next one that followed. Not putting Brees out their because of the Purdue connection, but they both needed sometime to adjust and be groomed. Well worth the 4th round price tage. I dont think Orton will have a stellar year this season, but one's to follow, oh ya. Again, that is well worth the 4th round pricetag.

adamprez2003 said:
charlie frye wouldve been better pick

I agree. Although I like Orton, having seen Frye play every week the last couple of years was eye opening. He played in a NFL style offense and they really opened it up. He's doing really well in Cleveland too.

Back
Top Bottom