OT Bryant McKinnie would play for the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OT Bryant McKinnie would play for the Dolphins

I love that some here can rip the CS for not bringing in a fat, over weight, slob that obviousily is so lazy he couldn't be bothered to put the burgers down and by doing so he's throwing millions and millions of dollars away. What's not to like about that guy, lol!!!! Not to mention that he played terrible last season due to his weight problems but let's bring him in.

Let's whine about some of the dumbest things we can possibly come up with, well done!

I love that some here can rip the CS for not bringing in a fat, over weight, slob that obviousily is so lazy he couldn't be bothered to put the burgers down and by doing so he's throwing millions and millions of dollars away. What's not to like about that guy, lol!!!! Not to mention that he played terrible last season due to his weight problems but let's bring him in.

Let's whine about some of the dumbest things we can possibly come up with, well done!

Exactly - now let them sepnd their attn looking at who the Pats are gonna cut - or signing O'Hara

dude can still play at a high level you could bring him in on the cheap
if he doesn't lose weight fast enough then he wont make the cuts
i see no harm in bringing him in if he is dedicated

Another thread of somebodies garbage is going to help us out. McKinnie got cut because he's out of shape and fat. We don't need guys who don't take their career seriously.

McKinnie is too focused on his music career to care about football. Miami is home to him and means an extra paycheck, so why not show interest?

at least he's a high character guy.......... decided instead of playing in the pro bowl or participating in any pro bowl festivities to spend the entire week in strip clubs down here in miami..

NO THANKS!

Thought this was a interesting tidbet in the Miami Herald and if true just makes me wonder what the phins braintrust is thinking.

• Though offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie would love to play here, the Dolphins had not called or worked him out as of Tuesday morning, even though he graded out much higher than Marc Colombo in every category last season (McKinnie was 16th among guards, Colombo 76th, according to Pro Football Focus). But Colombo played for this Dolphins staff in Dallas; McKinnie didn’t

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/08/...ifies-cornerback-situation.html#ixzz1Uak6lLi7

Interesting that they were graded among Guards since they're both Tackles.

McKinnie failed his physical and was reportedly way out of shape. He's weighing 380+ pounds so until he gets serious and gets in shape I'm not taking that chance. He's a health risk and a liability right now.

I never implied McKinnie was a good signing just ran accross this in the Miami Herald and put it out there for information and feedback. I follow the phins but not many other players on other teams to many thngs to do. Just thought it was interesting "since" he was rated higher than Columbo last year but I had not been tracking the guys wieght etc.
Colombo appears to be struggling outside maybe he should play guard and Carey play outside.

Maybe Dan can get him on nutrisystem and help him lose the weight! Ha!
Seriously though, why not at least talk to him about what his plans are for losing the weight and if he's serious about being an NFL professional athlete any longer ? If not, then you just lose the time of a meeting. If he is, then maybe you look at some sort of conditional/incentive contract for him. While you may not get much, if anything from him part/all this year until he slims down, it could pay off for next year. Just a thought.

It's weird . . . I kept hearing all these feel good stories about him losing weight by working out with Venus Williams . . . what in the hell happened?

NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM, Happened... Dude went on a big eating binge...

probably be a nice fit at rt. better than what we got.watched him totally stonewall dwight freeney when syracuse played the U way back when.

Back
Top Bottom