Our backs are up against the wall. Now what do we do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our backs are up against the wall. Now what do we do?

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
When I got the bad news last night, all that came to mind was "what else could go wrong?" I also wondered if any team had experienced so much drama and trauma in an off-season. It sucks because we've all been waiting for this year with high hopes and then things keep happening even before the season starts to try and cool off our enthusiasm for this team we love.
As is customary, Wanny put his own positive spin on the situation. Some get angry at his responses but at the same time, what else do you expect from him? Do you want him to panic? It's part of the game and you have no choice but to stay strong and hope other players "step up". Would it have been better if Wannstedt responded by telling everyone "our offense is now going to struggle w/o Ricky or Boston?"
To me, everyone is 0-0 right now. We don't know and can't predict how well or how awful we'll do. I'm still excited and still expect to go far. It's time for guys to step up their game and not use retirements and/or injuries as excuses for their failure to play at a high level. That's why you're in the NFL! This season will truly show us if we're contenders or simply pretenders.

I agree and I believe they will meet that challenge head on. We needed a little adversity.

little adversity ??? , we just lost our 2nd major offense player, we only have 1 left on offense, if mcmichael would show up in practice finally , i could write we have 2 left, but this is not the case at the moment

yeah man, the optimism is nice and all but we've lost options 1 and 2 in our offense and we don't have quarterbacks that are going to make the players around them better. we're in trouble. serious trouble.

Even as a Pats fan, this horrendous offseason you guys are having is a bit much.

With that said, in the NFL, it is never as bad as it appears. There will be opportunities to pick up some bodies during camp. Granted, they won't be "Stars", but they could help in forging a TEAM atmosphere and an "All For One" mentality that will help win games. My own Pats wore that "Nobody believed in us" badge all the way to Super Bowl XXXIV.

Whats the worst that can happen? You'll have a bad season, get rid of your Coach and get a high (numerically, not "high" like a certain #34) draft choice. This "sky is falling" mentality on this board is depressing even me.

C'mon, you're not J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fans...

phinfan2003 said:
... It's part of the game and you have no choice but to stay strong and hope other players "step up". Would it have been better if Wannstedt responded by telling everyone "our offense is now going to struggle w/o Ricky or Boston?"...
Football is a tough sport. It's not for Girly men. When one member of the team goes down you stick another guy in there and try to play to their strengths. There's is no time for cry-babying and hand-wringing. There is time for work.

We don't know if the WR or RB corps will be better than last year. Ricky wasn't Ricky last year... we now know why. And Jerry Sullivan is stamping his way on our WR's.

I don't expect fans to have the heart of a Bua. But I do expect this team to show courage and function better as a team then they did last year.

There is no crying in football. How this team reacts to a little adversity will show how much heart this team has.

Adapt and overcome - that's all you can do.

Go with what you've got and hopefully the coaches will put you in the best position to win.

Take a look at Patriots Roster which won Superbowl 36.

Is not about how many star player you have at each skill position but on the TEAM coming together.

Bertil said:
Even as a Pats fan, this horrendous offseason you guys are having is a bit much.

With that said, in the NFL, it is never as bad as it appears. There will be opportunities to pick up some bodies during camp. Granted, they won't be "Stars", but they could help in forging a TEAM atmosphere and an "All For One" mentality that will help win games. My own Pats wore that "Nobody believed in us" badge all the way to Super Bowl XXXIV.

Whats the worst that can happen? You'll have a bad season, get rid of your Coach and get a high (numerically, not "high" like a certain #34) draft choice. This "sky is falling" mentality on this board is depressing even me.

C'mon, you're not J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets fans...
Good post man, thanks for the uplift! I've finally met a cool Pats fan....

We've still got a great defense that will be suffocating every game. And we have to hope that Simmons, Tolver, Thompson will step up. You can't cry about it. It's tough, but it happens.

It is frustrating but all we can do is move on and do our best with what we have. I just hope that someone other than Thompson will start as the other WR and hope we don't lose anyone else.

Ozzy rules!!

if thompson steps up and plays like he can, I think we will be ok.

I'm glad some of us are remaining positive and not throwing in the towel especially since the season has yet to start. I just don't want all of these naysayers and doom and gloomers to pop up around here pledging their allegiance to the fins if things actually work in our favor this year.

I can't believe that I am saying this, but I agree with Pats fans. This has truly been a horrible offseason, but we could still get McCardell or somebody...

I am still for keeping O-Gun. Think long term...

Back
Top Bottom