Our D... | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

No problem. It's loading now.

Also note I said Maxwell was playing Cover 3 zone while everyone else was in C2 zone after the check.

It wasn't an attached bunch but rather a split TE and a short split by the WR. But you can see Maxwell is playing zone b/c of his presnap alignment (eyes/stance) and then drops to the deep 1/3.

you sure that wasnt qtrs? just looking at jones there and kiko running to the flat and hull hook/curl it is seems like it. i would have to see the other side. i have no idea what the other side is doing, do you by chance?

That outside Jab completely turned Howard hips around, u don't wanna see that in a no.2 cb so definitely not acceptable for a no.1. Howard has to learn patience that type of false step can't happen on the first fake.

Here's a quick and excellent clip of Richard Sherman teaching just that - patience at the LOS.

All that was reported by the media and their reports of the coaches were that we were sticking with it as a scheme rather than a situational set.

I went with what I was told and also held that opinion based that off of last seasons tape which heavily featured the wide 9. Don't blame me that you didn't notice yesterday that the gameplan differed from those statements. Of course, i'm going to base my assessment of tape and allow it alter my analysis, but that's not backtracking.

Not even close. Gordon is average at best.

If you actually took the time to read my posts today, I did just that and gave a lot of credit to our run defense in clips.

Navigating in half truths in typical fashion.

I notice our alignments pretty often, in between bong rips at least. ;) And I noticed numerous stops out of the 9. But we will just set aside the fact that we are a 1 gap D playing with Hull in Base / Sub all day. Maybe our DC, or as you refereed to him as "former LB coach" did work some magic? Even though, again, you have bashed him with no remorse.

Also, Melvin Gordon is a good young back, I stand by my comment.

And lastly, anything you do is to further whatever original narrative you have drummed up.

I mean, finally you stopped talking about Kiko, but still, it took a year.

Gase needs to dial up more in breaking routes for DVP, thats one aspect in Gases offense I don't see enough off compared to Lazor's schemes, those west coast concepts have been favorable to Wrs with his skill set.

We are all liking the "17" points, but don't start bitching about the D when good teams exploit the weaknesses.

The D will be a problem until a huge infusion of talent is on it.

you sure that wasnt qtrs? just looking at jones there and kiko running to the flat and hull hook/curl it is seems like it. i would have to see the other side. i have no idea what the other side is doing, do you by chance?

Pretty sure it's a variant of Cover 2, and Maxwell flubbed by playing Cover 3 zone. I'll post the All22 when it's available. You can't ID proper coverage with any accuracy without it so I can't say it with 100% confidence.

Pretty sure it's a variant of Cover 2, and Maxwell flubbed by playing Cover 3 zone. I'll post the All22 when it's available. You can't ID proper coverage with any accuracy without it so I can't say it with 100% confidence.
For what its worth, pretty certain you called this one correctly.

Navigating in half truths in typical fashion.

I notice our alignments pretty often, in between bong rips at least. ;) And I noticed numerous stops out of the 9. But we will just set aside the fact that we are a 1 gap D playing with Hull in Base / Sub all day. Maybe our DC, or as you refereed to him as "former LB coach" did work some magic? Even though, again, you have bashed him with no remorse.

Also, Melvin Gordon is a good young back, I stand by my comment.

And lastly, anything you do is to further whatever original narrative you have drummed up.

I mean, finally you stopped talking about Kiko, but still, it took a year.

Half truths? Give me the time stamps and let's find out.

Now I'm sure you already know this, because you say you notice alignments often, but just because a single defender is in a 9 technique on a single side doesn't make it a wide 9 set.

Also, find it amusing you think a RB with a career 3.7 y/c is good, but whatever.

Nah man, Alonso still sucks. He was the worst LB on the field yesterday.

Here's a quick and excellent clip of Richard Sherman teaching just that - patience at the LOS.

Excellent vid on patience and not biting on jabs and fakes untill the wr is outside your frame; but its something u have to drill from early on (has to be second nature). Its also easier to drill this in more athletic DBs because they have less of a fear getting beat deep (fight or flight instincts don't kick in as much). We have to have the right DB coaches to drill this.

To be fair to Howard, that tempo change from Keenan was crazy, makes it extremely hard for a DB to anticipate the moves (Howard anticipates a lot), If he had patience he would be reacting to his moves, instead of anticipating them, If u have good instincts and good route recognition you can become a fairly good CB but you will be exposed when your up against No. 1 WRs. Howard is not no. 1 CB material.

Half truths? Give me the time stamps and let's find out.

Now I'm sure you already know this, because you say you notice alignments often, but just because a single defender is in a 9 technique on a single side doesn't make it a wide 9 set.

Also, find it amusing you think a RB with a career 3.7 y/c is good, but whatever.

Nah man, Alonso still sucks. He was the worst LB on the field yesterday.

Here's the thing, you beat that drum so hard and steady that you refused to think that there was any possible way that Miami will deviate from the wide nine defense. In that respect, you were wrong.

You said you only was going by what you were told but surely you know that most smart teams don't broadcast their complete gameplan to the public. You left no room for variance because the drum beat drowned it out.

Here's the thing . . .

I couldn't hear what you were saying. Could you repeat that?

JaYLj.gif

Just caught that. That was a horrible playcall (one of many) to have a LB in man coverage to the fieldside. Then again, regardless of playcall, there's only a few handfuls of LB in the league that could track down a RB from there.

Is this the "smurf and late play inside" stuff you were referring to about the Mike play?

Great team run stop. Watch Suh rip inside to disrupt the backside pulling guard to allow Hull to run straight downhill and make the tackle in the backfield. Phillips recognizes the direction of the play by the pull, flattens out on the LOS towards the run, and absolutely mauls his man and throws him on his back. Alonso, well he looks the same as always vs the run.

What the hell is smurf stuff?

Back
Top Bottom