Our D... | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

Lets pump the breaks a little here buddy....

All I heard all off-season was how the Wide - 9 was going to offer opposing offenses the ability to pound the rock nonstop.

And LA had 44 yards with Chase Allen and Mike Hull starting in Base.

Now 1 game does not a season make, but SOS is blinded by his complete inability to ever admit error.

He's like the Skip Bayless of FH....

He knows his stuff, but his rational and agenda, complete different story.

The Raiders also stopped the Chargers running game and their defense is not great, lets not forget the Chargers lost Forrest Lamp for the season. I don't think you want to judge our run defense based on what we did vs the Chargers.

Lets pump the breaks a little here buddy....

All I heard all off-season was how the Wide - 9 was going to offer opposing offenses the ability to pound the rock nonstop.

And LA had 44 yards with Chase Allen and Mike Hull starting in Base.

Now 1 game does not a season make, but SOS is blinded by his complete inability to ever admit error.

He's like the Skip Bayless of FH....

He knows his stuff, but his rational and agenda, complete different story.

Ha ha

He will admit error but you are gonna have it drilled into your head for 5 months prior to it.

Then he will ask for forgiveness.

I believe what sons said was it requires too much of the LBs to stop the run consistently. I'm very happy with the game from a run defense standpoint. Let's shut out the jets now
He's said quit a bit about the defense.

If we can run Wide -9 / 1 gap scheme and get by only giving up 44 yards against a good young RB.

Especially with what we had starting at LB.....

This nullifies quit a number of his off season arguments.

Now again, 1 game does not make the season.

But to be able to run a scheme that is built to rush the passer and play with a lead, and manage the opponents ground attack that effectively..

Means that IMHO we are heading in the right direction.

With that being said, more pass rush would have been welcomed, but Ol River was getting rid of the ball extremely quickly.

Some of those plays with Allen Howard had to force the ball inside which is why he looks more flat footed to the outside.

Plays where he doesn't have help over the top. That wasn't an alpha corner performance by Howard. I thought I saw some laps in concentration and technique suffering because of it. But that also was a really high level when healthy cod and burst wr. And he's full go

Did Verner get in yesterday at all? I may have missed an injury in preseason or something, but at one point they were talking about him starting over Maxwell. Didn't pay super close attention but not sure if he ever got in, especially on the boundary for Maxwell. Everyone keeps mentioning Tank, which is why I ask what's up w/Verner?

Did Verner get in yesterday at all? I may have missed an injury in preseason or something, but at one point they were talking about him starting over Maxwell. Didn't pay super close attention but not sure if he ever got in, especially on the boundary for Maxwell. Everyone keeps mentioning Tank, which is why I ask what's up w/Verner?

He logged zero defensive snaps.

I think we need to play a 3rd safety in our nickel instead of the Mike who is a 2 down player ideally.

Funny though how people are claiming the wide 9 did just fine yesterday. For all the media and coach talk of the continuation of the wide 9 scheme, it wasn't as prevalent in yesterday's game. Hence why we were more efficient vs the run, but I'm sure all those with negative comments towards me already recognized that. Amirite?

I admit I'm wrong all the time as long as someone can prove it. Otherwise I stand by assessments.

Funny though how people are claiming the wide 9 did just fine yesterday. For all the media and coach talk of the continuation of the wide 9 scheme, it wasn't as prevalent in yesterday's game. Hence why we were more efficient vs the run.

I admit I'm wrong all the time as long as someone can prove it. Otherwise I stand by assessments.
I honestly didn't watch for alignment. Make you feel better about Burke? Less wide 9

I honestly didn't watch for alignment. Make you feel better about Burke? Less wide 9

Certainly if we stray from it was a base alignment and only use it when necessary in obvious passing situations. His playcalling will be a work in progress as he has never done it before, so that's to be expected. It would be great to see him settle mid-season in that aspect and have a natural feel for the game.

While were at it, get the **** off my back and bring your own game to the table.

I have to give it to you. You are a negative poster but your football IQ is very high and and you do know what you're talking about.

Thanks. Appreciate the words.

Concerning the negativity, it's a very interesting challenge to view your own team outside your own fan-think box. Take a little time to assess some other teams and then come back and analysize your own with the same critical thought.

When I break down tape of the Dolphins, I do so as I would any other team and try to remove any and all bias towards them.

Last edited:
While were at it, get the **** off my back and bring your own game to the table.
All off season we have watched you sicken the board with your anti Gym Shorts defense.

And now we actually have some updated film and all you want to do is back track.

"Well they didn't play the Wide 9 EVERY snap".

We are still in a 1 gaping aggressive defense designed to get after the QB.

We had 2 sub par LBs start in base who would probably never see defensive reps on other teams.

We played one of the better young RB's in football.

Yes we have room for improvement, but 44 rushing yards / 17 points allowed (on the road) given the circumstances.... Thats a tremendous effort.

Of course its only 1 games, but COME ON SOS.

At least jump from your narrative a little today and admit it was better then you expected and things might not become as apocalyptic as you expected.

Its the least you could do given how often you post.

Don't insult all of the rest of us who post on here.....

Tell me if Howard looked as bad on the All 22 film, When he was up against Keenan Allen his feet was stuck in quick sand and allowed him to cross his face numerous times. Howard couldn't mirror Allen at all, I don't know why our staff thought he could, in fact few DBs can even though Allen has been hindered by injury the past two years.

That outside Jab completely turned Howard hips around, u don't wanna see that in a no.2 cb so definitely not acceptable for a no.1. Howard has to learn patience that type of false step can't happen on the first fake.

All off season we have watched you sicken the board with your anti Gym Shorts defense

And now we actually have some updated film and all you want to do is back track.

All that was reported by the media and their reports of the coaches were that we were sticking with it as a scheme rather than a situational set.

I went with what I was told and also held that opinion based that off of last seasons tape which heavily featured the wide 9. Don't blame me that you didn't notice yesterday that the gameplan differed from those statements. Of course, i'm going to base my assessment of tape and allow it alter my analysis, but that's not backtracking.

We played one of the better young RB's in football.

Not even close. Gordon is average at best.

At least jump from your narrative a little today and admit it was better then you expected and things might not become as apocalyptic as you expected.

If you actually took the time to read my posts today, I did just that and gave a lot of credit to our run defense in clips.

Back
Top Bottom