Our D... | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

Run defense was exceptional they basically popped one on us.

It happens especially when the edge and lb lose contain

I mean once again the refs were terrible. Parker caught that pass took 3 steps and then fumbled. Wake was held alot. But I guess **** happens

That wouldn't have happened if the refs didn't call the phantom PI. It was completely uncatchable

Calls went both ways good and bad. Both got away with somethings including offensive holding but the refs always let that slide to protect the QB's. Lineman will usually get a warning first before the refs start throwing flags unless it's blatant.

When the corners play 10yds off the receiver it's easy to get rid of ball. I'm so sick of that ****

Maxwell was still playing zone coverage but dropped in a Cover 3 shell while everyone else was playing Cover 2.
I mean, you are the board "expert". But not certain how you can even diagnose this when the entirety of the rest of the team played C2 and he turned and ran with his guy. Not to mention he looked to even play some underneath leverage which would mean man not C3.

Details aside, he blew his assignment. Which was the point I was making.

I keep hearing about 17 pts . . .

Koo makes one of two FGs and it's a moot point. They let the Chargers drive at will at times it a mattered most. Defense looks awful, still.
We played very poor situational defense, I will agree there.

But playing the "if" game is a loser mentality in the NFL.

We actually gave up 17 points, and we actually won on the road against the odds.

there are no "ifs" there.

I mean, you are the board "expert". But not certain how you can even diagnose this when the entirety of the rest of the team played C2 and he turned and ran with his guy. Not to mention he looked to even play some underneath leverage which would mean man not C3.

Details aside, he blew his assignment. Which was the point I was making.

No, sir. It was an attached bunch formation and Maxwell was playing with his back to the sideline and backpedaled accordingly to funnel the WR inside exactly as one would playing zone coverage.

No, sir. It was an attached bunch formation and Maxwell was playing with his back to the sideline and backpedaled accordingly to funnel the WR inside exactly as one would playing zone coverage.

The only time I have even seen the play was live, so you could be right.

Have a GIF to prove me wrong even further?

Because I seem to remember his guy getting behind him. And if we were indeed "playing Cover 3" then a single high S named Nat Allen would have been burned as well.

The worst call was the hold on bushrod on the inside zone 2nd level lb play that almost sealed our fate.

The lead official has no business making that call. His assignment is the tackle play and the qb. 2nd level hell no

The only time I have even seen the play was live, so you could be right.

Have a GIF to prove me wrong even further?

Because I seem to remember his guy getting behind him. And if we were indeed "playing Cover 3" then a single high S named Nat Allen would have been burned as well.

No problem. It's loading now.

Also note I said Maxwell was playing Cover 3 zone while everyone else was in C2 zone after the check.

It wasn't an attached bunch but rather a split TE and a short split by the WR. But you can see Maxwell is playing zone b/c of his presnap alignment (eyes/stance) and then drops to the deep 1/3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom