Our D... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

When I get home I will go thru it and I will show you guys the plays.

But you are gonna have to put on your situational thinking caps. As in what is the other team trying to accomplish and what are they doing to get there and how much should the nickel mike be giving up there vs what he actually did give up.

I'm telling ya it wears a target.

I guess Burke thought our LBs were so bad in coverage that he might as well have them vacate the second level by blitzing as stay there....

Either way, we gave up first downs at will in the middle of the field. That has to be fixed and I'm not sure adding Timmons at strong is going to make a massive difference. We might have to consider some dime packages with some creative thinking as to personnel combos.

Agreed, people get so caught up in what the base D is, they forget nickle and dime are even more important in today's game. Our base D and run D actually played pretty damn well, but our nickle and dime need work, as does Burke.

He gives 4 damn yards on a take on of a lead full back

That's no bueno

Hull was blocked well by the FB, but they only needed an inch. Once it was apparent Ingram was in following two blockers on the way in Hull saved his knees and tailed off.

Too early to call these moves a disaster, Timmons literally didn't even show up. How about we wait until Timmons plays a game and perhaps even get a L until we call these moves a disaster lol.

If he isn't released first.

When I get home I will go thru it and I will show you guys the plays.

But you are gonna have to put on your situational thinking caps. As in what is the other team trying to accomplish and what are they doing to get there and how much should the nickel mike be giving up there vs what he actually did give up.

I'm telling ya it wears a target.

I don't think you'll find a single person on this board that suggests any of the LBs were solid in coverage, nor would anyone claim Hull is a 3 down backer let a solid nickel option. But do your thing if you feel the need.

We got them behind the sticks and they still got back to manageable sticks cause of the nickel lb situation.

It's too damn obvious. They said screw base nickel is where we eat and nickel lb level gets us back to manageable down and distance

I'm not a fan of coordinators who are learning on the job--I don't care how smart they are or what Ivy League school they went to. It was obvious that both he and Gase were both out of sorts yesterday. We do have to give the Chargers credit though. They have a HOF QB, TE, one of the best WR corps in the league and a good RB, and we held them to 17. I do think we did a much better job vs the run, and hopefully Timmons will be back vs the Jets. Let's go Miami!

Did anyone pick up Revis?
Would he be an upgrade over Maxwell, or is he toast?
Also, I'm sure it's way to late to bring him in... was just wondering.

If he isn't released first.

If he is, then it's clearly some unbelievable personal issue that no front office could have predicted, but I'm sure you would still find something to complain about :thumbsup

Power off tackle run in which Hull had both the FB and pulling Guard to deal where Ingram followed directly behind the guard in a wide open C gap.

Phillips gets washed out and Alonso is late to the party as usual.

was that Suh that got housed to the ground? lol.

Holding any opponent to 17 points on the road is a win. Chargers in San Diego, Chargers in LA or Chargers on the moon. You can knock it all you want. I won't hold it against you.

Totally agree. Any road win is big in the NFL. IMHO Ajayi singlehandedly carried us and because we were able to run the ball at will we were able to stay in the game. We will be much better on both sides of the ball vs the Jets.

I have a hard time accepting the narrative that we "held" them to 17 pts when they missed two FGs including a very make-able game winning FG in which they stormed down the field in the last minute to put themselves in a possible situation to win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom