Our D... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

One think that I think is interesting is that 5-3-3 in the endzone we used features Walt Aikens and not Wake. I guess it has to do with the fact that when Aikens was drafted all the draft pundits talked about was him playing zone defense in the end zone

DI NDAMUKONG SUH, 89.7 OVERALL GRADE
Ndamukong Suh continues to be one of the best interior defenders in football and he dominated this game up the middle for the Dolphins defense. Suh finished the day with just one solo run stop, but that doesn’t take into account how he consistently squeezed holes shut or forced Chargers’ running backs to change their points of attack. He finished with a game high 90.2 run defense grade. Suh also recorded four quarterback hurries, a few of which happened less than two seconds after the snap.

EDGE WILLIAM HAYES, 82.6 OVERALL GRADE
It was an impressive game for Hayes, as he made a big impact despite limited snaps. Hayes only rushed the quarterback 17 times in this game, but ended up with a sack and three additional quarterback hurries. That’s good for a very strong 19.1 pass-rush productivity score in this game. Hayes also played well against the run, finishing with a run defense grade of 81.9.

Oh god. More PFF grades shuffled out like fast food burgers off the broadcast view. :facepalm

After watching Rambo and Michael Thomas I'm not about to crucify Nate Allen for failing to reel in a couple of INT's.

Mike Hull is a try-hard guy who hustles but he isn't what you want as a starting NFL linebacker. I said before that we're in trouble if Hull is a starting LB.

The dropped interception is the least of my worries. Nate Allen was horrible in coverage. He also was not physical when trying to get in on plays.

2nd and 12 drop zone give up 8 cause of the mike second and 12 again run clear outs ISO the back on the mike in man get 9

Get you right back where you need to be sticks wise. It's easy money

And it's not correctable. And that's outside of the smurf and late play inside.

We better do something

Just caught that. That was a horrible playcall (one of many) to have a LB in man coverage to the fieldside. Then again, regardless of playcall, there's only a few handfuls of LB in the league that could track down a RB from there.

Is this the "smurf and late play inside" stuff you were referring to about the Mike play?

Great team run stop. Watch Suh rip inside to disrupt the backside pulling guard to allow Hull to run straight downhill and make the tackle in the backfield. Phillips recognizes the direction of the play by the pull, flattens out on the LOS towards the run, and absolutely mauls his man and throws him on his back. Alonso, well he looks the same as always vs the run.

Last edited:
Excellent coverage on the boundary by Jones and Howard in man coverage on 3rd down. Jones with a solid jam on Gates and stays over top of him while Howard uses the sideline perfectly to disrupt the out and up route.

LMAO. What the **** is he doing trying to fill from the inside-out? :facepalm Harris goes flying right by the play without a clue as well.

You're cherry picking plays is what you are doing.

The second play with Kiko he jumps the wr screen and loses his assignment. The first the fill inside out was bad.

And you literally post like the only 2 plays mike hull didn't look bad gifs.

Painting a bs picture.

Last edited:
I really can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. For those that may have missed it; WE WON!!! That's not easy to do in the NFL, just ask the nine teams that currently have not won a game yet (one of those teams is the NYG, who play tomorrow, the rest are 0-2). Not to mention, IT WAS A ROAD WIN, which is even harder to do!

Was our team perfect? No, but go ahead an find me a team that has played perfectly so far. (I'll wait)

Do we have weaknesses? Yes, but so does every team in the league. (it's called reality)

You can go ahead and cherry pick specific plays or stats that back up your predetermined doomsday views, but today was a good day.

Stopping the run was our major problem last year, but GUESS WHAT? We held the Bolts to 44 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS!!! 26 of which game on one single run, if you watch that and are still so angry there is just no hope for you. (maybe meditation? Namaste!) I understand this was only one game, but the defense made some strides in the right direction, you have to give credit when it is due.

I've heard so many people in this thread say "Rivers passed at will against us", but that is complete BS. I'm sure if you asked Philip Rivers he would have told you that he "willed" to have more than 17 points.

Think about everything that was working against us: our high draft pick at MLB out for the season after one preseason play, AND our top FA defensive player mysteriously ghosts our team hours before our very first game , AND one of our top CBs out for the year before during training camp, AND the replacement MLB we signed comes in out of shape and then injures his hamstring before he gets to play in a single game, preseason or otherwise. We managed to overcome all of this and beat a team that many picked as a possible playoff team this year IN THEIR BUILDING!

People can bash the Chargers all they want, but there are probably a dozen teams that aren't as good as they are, I know the Bolts aren't the class of the league, but they aren't push overs either, let's all have a little perspective here.

Chargers scored once in the second half and were in position for another score at the end and missed the field goal. Two drives in the red zone in a half doesn't seem like moving at will to me. Plus the Chargers were 2 of 8 on 3rd downs during the game.

Back
Top Bottom