Our D... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

What exactly is the point of the wide 9? What is is supposed to do? what does it cover up? It certainly doesnt cover short underneath passes and rivers isnt a top 10 QB. we play 9 top 10ish QBs this season that are going to make that defense look pathetic.

In the wide 9 the DE's line up farther outside for the pass rush. Spreading the OL out is supposed to put pressure on them but it has downsides against the run as naturally its weaker up the middle.

We are missing Lippett (who is better than Maxwell and would probably be starting), McMillan and now Timmons who will probably never see a snap in a Dolphins uniform.

On top of that Jones looks nothing like the Jones we grew to love.

It's almost too much to overcome. The team simply doesn't have the personnel or luck to make a playoff run even if the offense explodes.

The pass rush is the biggest concern; very bad today from absolutely everyone. Not to mention we blitzed Jones/McCain AND a linebacker on every passing down and didn't even get pressure on Rivers. Kiko and Allen were the worst players on the field today aside from that young hoe.

The run defense on the other hand was superb. I like Hull's impact against the run, but he's just putrid in pass coverage. Not a starter.

We really need Timmons back, and I can't wait for T.J.

In the wide 9 the DE's line up farther outside for the pass rush. Spreading the OL out is supposed to put pressure on them but it has downsides against the run as naturally its weaker up the middle.

Yep. And makes the DE's more susceptible to counters, traps, and screens. Exposes LB gap fills and allows lineman to reach them easier at the 2nd level as well.

Last edited:
Burks is atrocious. He was the LB coach from last year. Have you seen the LB play from last year?! Why the heck would you promote him. Smh

We need to stop bringing in finesse players especially on defense. We have no defender who can lay the wood on a ball carrier.

I have to disagree with you just a bit, we may not have one player known for his massive hits but I was impressed by the physicality of this defense today even when they lacked in other areas.

The only guy who played great on D was Suh... I've never liked the scheme. this bengals defense was never a winner so what's insane is why have we adopted it??

Timmons and Maualuga are being paid by the Dolphins this year. Timmons' issue needs to be figured out, but we kept Ray on for some strange reason, and I hope both can play next week. I know Maualuga is up there is age, but I'm really hoping he can help with short passes in the middle of the field. Hull and Allen are liabilities to the passing game. Really hoping we get better LB play this season or we are in trouble. Oh, and Maxwell is just terrible. Really hate that we lost McMillan and Lippett this year. Cutler seems to be a good fot to replace Tannehill, but the other 2 are irreplaceable with what we currently have on this team.

I have to disagree with you just a bit, we may not have one player known for his massive hits but I was impressed by the physicality of this defense today even when they lacked in other areas.

I only saw one real good hit by our defense today. Otherwise there was too much finesse and drag down tackling.

No pass rush, no pass defense, but hey the run D was good. Gonna be a long season if we can't hurry the QB.

I think they were dropping Wake a lot into coverage to hide Hull and that means you can double Sue and no one else on the D line is that great.

I think the reason for the Chargers only scoring 17 points was because part of our gameplan was to keep our defense off of the field. That's why you saw a lot of short passes and runs and milking the clock. Thats why Cutler wasn't throwing bombs. I really feel Gase knows this defense can't get a lot of stops. So we have to keep the time of possession in our favor.

Our D played with good effort...Hull & Allen played their behinds off.

MaxWell was horrible he kept getting picked on & was always late for reacting....expected more of a pass rush but that might be the D-line playing steady at the gaps to not let Gordon go crazy.

Suh & Kiko were a beasts today

Back
Top Bottom