Our D... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our D...

After a day of sleeping on it, I am mostly unchanged in my feelings on the defense. Today, I still believe that we had subpar linebacker play and definitely secondary play. We won't get to or win a SB like this.
On the other hand, it was the first game at full speed where games count. I do have faith that Gase will spend a whole lot of time dissecting the defensive efforts from yesterday. If he can make corrections with Burke, then we can grow from it. A good team to play where we reestablish our defense is the jets.
Bring em on.

You're cherry picking plays is what you are doing.

The second play with Kiko he jumps the wr screen and loses his assignment. The first the fill inside out was bad.

And you literally post like the only 2 plays mike hull didn't look bad gifs.

Painting a bs picture.

Feel free to chime in with the basic plays that a defense is expected to make, I'm not about to post every play that should be the norm. I only got through roughly the first quarter yesterday and didn't include basic plays that the defense is expected to make. I did however include a few to refute your claims that Hull played small inside vs the run and that Harris had a good overall game b/c it painted a BS picture.

Last edited:
Our run D was great although like I've said before, Gordon is the most overrated runner in the league. 9 carries 14 yds is terrible. We got destroyed in the intermediate passing game it seemed. Teams would be smart to stay away from Hayes and Suh as far as the run game is concerned. We just have the Chargers number I guess..11-3 since 95'..A win's a win!! PHINS UP!! And a special thanks to the Loyal Fin Fans in Cali making it a Home game for our Dolphins!!

Someone post the gif of the fullback lead take on of mike hull on the goalline td run by gordon.

That's the definition of playing small at the poa

Defense struggled in the passing game, but that will happen when you face an excellent QB with a rookie DC. I was very encouraged with the run defense however and Chase Allen looking competent out there. If we can simply improve the run D this season, it will make our entire team exponentially better. It looks like we are improving in that area, but the secondary played like dog s***, I hope Jones is just rusty because he doesn't look great out there.

Someone post the gif of the fullback lead take on of mike hull on the goalline td run by gordon.

The worst LB on the field was the one making over $8m a year in new money. Timmons and Branch were both no shows, our 3 big deals in free agency were a disaster.

offense played ok...d about the same.....happy for the w but not getting hyped up with a win similar to how we beat Cleveland last year.

The worst LB on the field was the one making over $8m a year in new money. Timmons and Branch were both no shows, our 3 big deals in free agency were a disaster.

Or just ignore it I guess. The fact that the guy has the seas parting with his give on the goalline.

Power off tackle run in which Hull had both the FB and pulling Guard to deal where Ingram followed directly behind the guard in a wide open C gap.

Phillips gets washed out and Alonso is late to the party as usual.

Last edited:
If I knew how to do it I'd post plenty of evidence gifs

Last edited by a moderator:

Too early to call these moves a disaster, Timmons literally didn't even show up. How about we wait until Timmons plays a game and perhaps even get a L until we call these moves a disaster lol.

I guess Burke thought our LBs were so bad in coverage that he might as well have them vacate the second level by blitzing as stay there....

Either way, we gave up first downs at will in the middle of the field. That has to be fixed and I'm not sure adding Timmons at strong is going to make a massive difference. We might have to consider some dime packages with some creative thinking as to personnel combos.

I don't need your ****ty analysis just post the damn gif.

If I knew how to do it I'd post plenty of evidence gifs

It was loading. Relax.

I'll also gladly take requests if people can provide me with a time stamp . . and ask nicely.

Back
Top Bottom