Our Draft or the Chief`s? Choose 1 for us | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Draft or the Chief`s? Choose 1 for us

The Dolphins draft, because Herm Edwards is the coach of the Chiefs. They can get all of the good players they want, Herm will find a way to ruin them

They also lost the best pass rusher in the NFL, and we also gained Akin Ayodele and Anthony Fasano.

For our team as a whole, I think we had the best draft/off season of any team in the NFL

We had completely different needs. Although KC did have THE best draft with us a close second I believe, its goes back to the old addage of comparing apples to oranges. They did have a great draft but its hard to say if I would swap because of the differences between the two teams and they're needs.

Actually it is apples to apples if you look at the positions they drafted, most all of those are fairly major to major positions of need of our own. I think they had one of the best drafts I have seen in a long time and beat ours because a lot of those players I wanted us to get they got whereas very few of the players we got I wanted us to get. I think their draft is a lot more high risk than ours if you look at some of the names, but I think they will ultimately get a higher reward. However with all that said, and I saw it mentioned on here in an earlier post, they have Herm as their coach so they won't be able to take advantage of the talent they drafted IMO.

If you're taking a draft to fit the scheme we want to run, and the type of team we want to be, you take our draft. The reason being we got players to fit our scheme, and a QB our current staff likes.

The big difference is that the Chiefs picked up the extra 1st and 3rd for Allen, allowing them to get Albert. If they don't make the trade, their draft is pretty solid still, but not a world-beater. I'm not a fan of Charles', especially for our offense, Cottam is always hurt, and they didn't address the G position enough for our team.

Like what they did for their team and style (where Dorsey is going to be a stud), and think they'll be greatly improved because of it, but for our team and our coaches our draft went very well...

Kansas City Chiefs ...........Miami
1-Glenn Dorsey DE.........1-Jake Long T
1- Branden Albert G .......2-Phillip Merling DE
2-Brandon Flowers CB ....2-Chad Henne QB
3-Jamaal Charles RB .......3-Kendall Langford DE
3-Brad Cottam TE ..........4-Shawn Murphy G
3-DaJuan Morgan S ........6-Jalen Parmele RB
4-William Franklin WR ......6-Donald Thomas G
5- Brandon Carr CB ..........7-Lex Hilliard FB
6-Barry Richardson T .........7-Lionel Dotson DT
6-Kevin Robinson WR.........
7- Bryan Johnston DE........
7-Mike Merritt TE .............. :err:

why is dorsey a DE?
carr so far looks as good as flowers, and if you guys hadn't let us borrow surtain, we might be starting with the scary 2 rooks at CB and 2 3rd year players at safety.

as far as people claiming i've been comparing Johnston to Jared Allen, Gunther Cunningham is more stoked about him than any Chiefs fan, so if we are drinking the kool-aid, he's the one serving.

hopefully Albert works out as LT for us. he should, starting next to brian waters and all. we finally have a center that's not 280, so we'll have a road-grading O-line.

Back
Top Bottom