Our front 7 looks incredible. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our front 7 looks incredible.

We'll deal with in down the road.

For now I say go all in.

"damn the torpedoes. full speed ahead."

We've been doing things on the cheap to get to this point so lets just build a winning team and let the accountants do the rest

All you guys do is complain and spend your life on this forum. It's pathetic.

2uiyo0i-1.jpg

I see it a little different than a lot of people, By the end of last season i knew Miami needed to change LBs asap, even if it meant being a tad bit worse in coverage, Miami needed speed to counteract the read option or the pistol formation. From what I have heard we just got a bit faster. If we got Bennett, Keller, Winston going into the draft I would feel like i did in the 70s and 80s again.

This is the first time miami splurged like this while other teams (pit,balt,SF) have done it year after year. If you think a one year binge is going to strap us down the line, you havent been paying attention. Yes the ravens have been dismantled but they got a ring before it happened.

I dont see how people are seeing it this way. Most of these contracts have very low first year cap hits so down the road we will feel it.
Look at ellerbee's contract. Very cap friendly year one but year two its already like 8 million year three over 10 million.
You cant be low cap hits year one and not expect to take larger hits in a couple of years

I don't get the guys that complain Bout the $$ were spending. It definitely will effect future cap numbers but we have to spend $ to be competitive. Hopefully these additions work out

You cant be low cap hits year one and not expect to take larger hits in a couple of years

What you can expect is to be cut before your contract ends. How man free agent signings get the chance to finish out their back loaded contracts? Maybe 5%?

If they sign Bennett, I am anxious to see the numbers and how all these signings effect the next 5 years.

Honestly I've been looking at the contracts and how they are structured, basically if we cut or traded Wallace after 2014 it'd be about 5M in dead money and thats it. Wallace makes about 15M garenteed next year and that is his pay day year, beyond that it is reasonable. The same thing can be said of the LB's. Very little locked in money beyond 2014. We are also sitting well in terms of the cap next year as well, in 2015 a lot of the big contracts dip and I assume that is related to Tannehill or the preception that they will have to pay him.

With that said we have a lot of free agents again next year that will need to be re-signed but most are managable if they want to retain them and not let them walk.

contr1363295632-1.jpg

I dont get how people complain about people complaining, especially while blogging. We're Dolphin fans we have loads to complain about!

I dont see how people are seeing it this way. Most of these contracts have very low first year cap hits so down the road we will feel it.
Look at ellerbee's contract. Very cap friendly year one but year two its already like 8 million year three over 10 million.

the way the NFL works is that these guys will either restructure or or get cut at that point
just like dansby and burnett
how do you not see it that way

Not my money. I'll let the people that get paid to worry about that stuff do their job.

It's not like we're resigning our own pro bowl players.

Front 7 may look great but our corners look like crap and our Oline is honestly down right scary. Don't love Martin at LT, don't love Richie at LG should probably be playing RG, Pouncey is a beast, Jerry should probably be playing RT not RG, and then blank. Scary thin

I see it a little different than a lot of people, By the end of last season i knew Miami needed to change LBs asap, even if it meant being a tad bit worse in coverage, Miami needed speed to counteract the read option or the pistol formation. From what I have heard we just got a bit faster...

This. The mobile QB's mean our LB's need speed. We got younger, cheaper, faster and probably more takeaways.

Last season our defense set a record ... Least Takeaways Ever by a Miami Dolphin Defense. That's not good. Replacing Dansby and Smith means we dropped 2 guys that dropped easy interceptions to win the Indianapolis game last year. Burnett, Dansby and Smith all had very low takeaway numbers over thelast fee years. The last season we were good we generated A huge plus in turnover margin. These moves replace inferior takeaway gguys.

Watching offenses these days, LB's that can cover TE's, rush the passed, and pursue will become increasingly needed. Great move by Ireland.

This. The mobile QB's mean our LB's need speed. We got younger, cheaper, faster and probably more takeaways.

Last season our defense set a record ... Least Takeaways Ever by a Miami Dolphin Defense. That's not good. Replacing Dansby and Smith means we dropped 2 guys that dropped easy interceptions to win the Indianapolis game last year. Burnett, Dansby and Smith all had very low takeaway numbers over thelast fee years. The last season we were good we generated A huge plus in turnover margin. These moves replace inferior takeaway gguys.

Watching offenses these days, LB's that can cover TE's, rush the passed, and pursue will become increasingly needed. Great move by Ireland.

And being in a division with two freak hybrid TE's may have also inspired this move.

Back
Top Bottom