Our Secondary, Believe It Or Not! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Our Secondary, Believe It Or Not!

They have done a nice job..But the Qb's we faced have been lack luster...Kevin Kolb torched us..on the bright side tho the next good qb we face will be Tom Brady on 12/2..

The rest are rookies, unproved or just has been/never were type qbs...

I'm so surprised that this team is playing so well and we have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds

Our secondary has been overacheiving, but I will credit that to Coyle. He is doing some interesting things scheme wise to stop the short passes, and leaving our safeties to cover the longer passing routes. I think we owe our suceess to scheme, although Sean Smith has played better too, but he needs to do it every week.

Pro Football Outsiders Has Our Overall Defensed Ranked 6th. Pass Defense #11 and Rush # 1. Our BUMS be BALLING..

Normally in a new defense, the secondary takes the longest to adjust, because of the importance of communication. They will get better and they are rated in the top 5, in a few categories.

#15 In Passing TD's Allowed.
#9 In QB Passer Rating.
#7 In PD's
#5 Ints.
#4 Completion Percentage.
#3 In 3rd Down Completion Percentage 26%.

In this is with the Dolphins being #1 in passes attempted against at 215 passes attempted against our secondary.

Nollan Carrol, Jimmy Wilson, Reshad Jones, Sean Smith, and when RJ Stanford when he was called upon, all played well this past Sunday. And they did this against what was the 4th Rated Passer in the AFC, and the 7th Ranked Passing attack in the league.

Kudo's to those young studs. They will only get better. The Entire Secondary Has Speed.

And correct me if I'm wrong but Irish is responsible for bringing in all of them with the exception of big paul right? Just saying -)

PS: My Thank you function isnt working (I prolly have that domain blocked) or I would of thanked your post!

And correct me if I'm wrong but Irish is responsible for bringing in all of them with the exception of big paul right? Just saying -)

PS: My Thank you function isnt working (I prolly have that domain blocked) or I would of thanked your post!

They get selective, because they say some are Parcell and yadda. But Parcells is not here right now, and Irish gets all the blame. So, I decide that ALL THE BAD is on IRISH. All Of It. So, then when this thing is complete, let's see how much of the good he gets credit for. But to answer you question yes, EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM WAS BROUGHT IN HERE BY THE IRISH except FOR Big Paul.

But there's this theory none of them are playmakers and game changers. So the fact they are playing well together is irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom