OV to NYG | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OV to NYG

Here in NJ and they are ecstatic ... which is so hypocritical, the same people who bash us for Suh for 19 mil are jumping with joy and making the excuses for vernon at 17 mil. they make some solid points he is only 25, he is a good player, he doesnt have drama or baggage, the cap numbers and cost of players is going up each year, they have cap... blah blah blah

My point though: that # is ridiculous and you can not spin that as a positive, especially if you rag on the dolphins for their suh price. OV is not to DE what Suh is to DT... Vernon has played next to some great guys and yes, hes about to play along another good line, but hes not getting leaps and bounds better from here on out... come on... this guy is pretty much maxxed out. its going on 5 years now. is age that relevant? Do we really pay for age now? OV is not Wake or Julius Peppers. hes got 5 more years of solid play before a decline. he's not playing until hes 35. so what difference does age make if youre going to get the same amount of time and stats and impact out of a guy???? thats like paying more for pretty. He's undisciplined, he's been apart of one of the worst Run DLs in the league, he doesn't put up big numbers, and he DOESNT TAKE OVER GAMES. this guy literally lost games for MIA. I'm sorry but 17 million a year is bad.

Yeah. Honestly? NYG plays in the NFC and I still like the bastards for clowning on the Patriots in 2007. So hey, I hope it works out and he lives up to that contract.

But realistically? Horrible, horrible, horrible contract.

Poor OV, gonna have to endure all those NY accents talking about him when he doesn't live up to that contract.

Scary thing is, imagine what Von Miller would of gotten.

Wow. Olivier Vernon might now be the most overpaid man in the history of professional anything. Holy God. Utter insanity.

Poor OV, gonna have to endure all those NY accents talking about him when he doesn't live up to that contract.

Scary thing is, imagine what Von Miller would of gotten.

I gotta think Elway is calling Jerry Reese saying "wtf are you doing?" Von Miller is in for a stupefying payday if he stays healthy.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Also congratulations to Olivier Vernon, didn't think he would get this kind of money.

I knew he was not coming back from the start but holy hell that deal is insane. We wont be winning the off season this year, thank you Giants.

It was the perfect storm of events for OV that got him this contract. He finished the season strong, making people forget he did not exist for the first 8 games of the year. A pass rushing defense won the super bowl in a copy cat league. The top defender on the market who should have gotten that money got tagged, Miller. He is VERY young with no injury history to speak of. And he is all around a seemingly good young man with no red flags.

That said he will never live up to this deal. He would need to win at least one DPOY to do it and this kid will never sniff that level of consistency and passion. He can not carry a D. Will need other pass rushers to keep him out of double teams because he has never even seen one in 4 years.

This contract will go down as one of the worst in history.

I hope this makes it clear to everyone the kind of money these guys are going to get from now on.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8h
#Giants coach Ben McAdoo says there was a buzz in the building for Olivier Vernon. Says there isn't enough attention on how complete OV is

What an awful signing, cant believe it wasnt tannenaum that signed off on it

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8h
#Giants coach Ben McAdoo says there was a buzz in the building for Olivier Vernon. Says there isn't enough attention on how complete OV is

how complete he is of being found no where for multiple weeks.

0 tackles week 1
1 tackle week 2
1 tackle week 3
2 tackles week 4

he will be 26 when the season starts

This entire discussion is about OV as a Dolphin. He hasn't even practiced for the Giants yet. And this thread is moved to general NFL...why?

Back
Top Bottom