OV to NYG | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OV to NYG

I can not process or comprehend what has happened with this. Congratulations OV you're set for life.

We didn't keep Vernon for the same reason the Jaguars didn't sign him. We already have Suh. You just dont pay that much money to the Dline. A great DT can make the DE's next to him better. So we will only get 2 years or so out of our Ends. Most careers last 3 years on a team. OV might be on giants as long as Mario is with the Dolphins. and if not, well be rolling with new cheap rookies looking to eventually get overpaid as well.

Sorry but I would rather pay 19 mil a year to Suh than 17 to Vernon. and i would definitely rather pay 8 or 9 mil a year to Mario. and i would definitely rather pay 18 mil a year for Wake and Williams than 17 for Vernon. Anything i missed?

Giants have officially broken free agency.

I hope OV plans to cut some some of that guaranteed money to Wake and Suh for making him look better than he is the past four years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we don't get a juicy comp pick next year, we did something very wrong.

Are Giants fans happy about his?

Congrats ov but hot damn a second tier de should not get paid like this. Von Miller , Jj watt etc they're going to get 200 mill. Smh

Are Giants fans happy about his?

Here in NJ and they are ecstatic ... which is so hypocritical, the same people who bash us for Suh for 19 mil are jumping with joy and making the excuses for vernon at 17 mil. they make some solid points he is only 25, he is a good player, he doesnt have drama or baggage, the cap numbers and cost of players is going up each year, they have cap... blah blah blah

My point though: that # is ridiculous and you can not spin that as a positive, especially if you rag on the dolphins for their suh price. OV is not to DE what Suh is to DT... Vernon has played next to some great guys and yes, hes about to play along another good line, but hes not getting leaps and bounds better from here on out... come on... this guy is pretty much maxxed out. its going on 5 years now. is age that relevant? Do we really pay for age now? OV is not Wake or Julius Peppers. hes got 5 more years of solid play before a decline. he's not playing until hes 35. so what difference does age make if youre going to get the same amount of time and stats and impact out of a guy???? thats like paying more for pretty. He's undisciplined, he's been apart of one of the worst Run DLs in the league, he doesn't put up big numbers, and he DOESNT TAKE OVER GAMES. this guy literally lost games for MIA. I'm sorry but 17 million a year is bad.

I wonder what JPP thinks after he got 10.5 for one year. This does make the Suh contract a little easier to swallow. Best of all he did not go in our division, and I will always like the Giants for killing patriots perfect season.

Back
Top Bottom