Overrated Mcclain | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Overrated Mcclain

I don't see how a guy was "overrated" as a first round prospect in college, if he ends up very good in the pros. The fact that Laurinaitis went in the second round and then had the 4th most solo tackles (not counting assists since you believe him to be a "pile jumper") of any linebacker in the NFL in his rookie year shows that he was, in fact, "underrated".

Overrated as a potential prospect. Overrated as to where he is projected to be drafted. I've said all along that Mcclain is as solid a ILB prospect as they come. But a solid ILB prospect in the top 10? That is where I believe he is overrated

Slimm, I agree McClain is an excellent linebacker. Given that most agree he isn't the greatest blitzer in the world, how would you feel with him lining up beside Crowder? That means no qb pressure from your inside backers and puts alot of pressure on whoever is playing OLB. In a perfect world I suppose they sign Dansby and draft McClain, and have Crowder as a backup.

In a perfect world they'd make better use of the #12 pick.

in a perfect world channing crowder is no longer on the roster :hi5:

he's not that bad of a player...

but he's a part of the problem more than he is a part of the solution, if you ask me ...

what he have...53 tackles this year??? garbage

i keep waiting for this guy to develop into this player that everyone keeps saying he's on the verge of...

it's not happening...EVER

what he have...53 tackles this year??? garbage

i keep waiting for this guy to develop into this player that everyone keeps saying he's on the verge of...

it's not happening...EVER

Crowder looked dynamic at times under Saban. I'm interested to see how he improves under Nolan. I think he will a fair amount. Our D in general was rarely decent - let alone dynamic - under PP.

Crowder looked dynamic at times under Saban. I'm interested to see how he improves under Nolan. I think he will a fair amount. Our D in general was rarely decent - let alone dynamic - under PP.

i wouldn't hold my breath if i was you...

we'll see

This is where we just see different things. I think Channing Crowder is a pretty fine linebacker, and my perception of people that keep criticizing him is that they do so simply because he doesn't get sacks or interceptions.

Rolando McClain is not a better blitzer than Channing Crowder. Might be worse, in fact. So...is he going to end up being called garbage as well?

Crowder makes a lot of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage and when he's healthy, he's a decent cover guy. He's smart as hell, too.

This is where we just see different things. I think Channing Crowder is a pretty fine linebacker, and my perception of people that keep criticizing him is that they do so simply because he doesn't get sacks or interceptions.

Rolando McClain is not a better blitzer than Channing Crowder. Might be worse, in fact. So...is he going to end up being called garbage as well?

Crowder makes a lot of plays at or behind the line of scrimmage and when he's healthy, he's a decent cover guy. He's smart as hell, too.

yeah...we do see different things...i count the days til we upgrade him...i really do...i think he has ZERO instincts for the position...

b/t did you see that one pass drop lb drill that mike nolan ran yesterday where the camera was actually on nolan and he had some de's do the drill??? antonio coleman looked dynamite in that rep they showed...and we all know that he can rush the passer

Antonio Coleman and Jason Worilds. This year when I'm watching players I'm looking at them and saying, why the hell are these guys being tossed to the bottom of the bin? Seriously it's like Worilds is nowhere to be found on everyone's radar, and Coleman is nowhere to be found. Yet I know that these guys have garnered acclaim in the past, and I know they can play football.

Did Coleman look great in LB drills? Because that would just be such a big boost to his stock. At Auburn he almost never played something like a linebacker position, he was always a pass rush guy. He tore up Alabama pretty good in that one game.

they only showed one dang rep cause they were too busy talking about tebow i guess but when the camera panned it antonio coleman was the first guy up after mike nolan went over the drill instruction and i'm telling you he NAILED it...

mayock was like "whoa" when he saw it

i was like wowzers...that guy looked GOOD

and then the camera never came back to it...he's someone we all should watch closely at the combine in lb drills...as far as any other lb drill i don't know...they didn't show any with de's

the best part was mike nolan was looking dead at it and i think he was like "wow" without giving anything away...lol

he also had cameron sheffield and brandon lang over there but i never got to see them on camera...i think another draft site said sheffield looked good in lb drills

considering like you said ck that coleman has never played lb he looked awfully darn smooth to me for a guy taking his first rep in space...

The Shrine coaches were a bit rigid about having guys switch between positions, which is too bad. I'd have liked to see Greg Hardy do the same, or even do it during the game. After all, you have to know just how good of a player you're passing up "simply" because he's bat sh-t crazy. Heh.

I hope they flip some of these guys during the game, that would be great. Sounds like you stumbled on something that is going to stick in some peoples' minds though.

Ah, thank you CK. I am always backing up Crowder on this forum to people who go "Chowder only had 43 tackles" "He's garbage" "He is terrible and I hope he gets cut" "We need to replace him asap". Crowder is extremely smart and knows how line up the defense on almost every play. He doesn't make plays like Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis, or get interceptions or sacks. But he is stout and there is a reason we were top #5 in rushing defense with him in there. He gets too much flack when in fact he is pretty solid to good.

yeah...i think nolan had them do the drill on the day all the scouts primarily had already left but anyone who sees it on tv is gonna be on it...

it's almost like it would have been better if the camera had never shown it...lol

Back
Top Bottom