``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.'' | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

``Pat White, no question, is our most improved player. He's a quarterback now.''

I think I speak for all Texans when I say; Stay the **** where you are. We're full. We don't need people of your ilk around here. We like our state the way it is.

What changed about my life when I had children? The realization that my life was no longer just about me. The realization that my life will send ripples down the pool of life for as long as my bloodline runs. A part of me will be in every action, or inaction my children do. The realization that if *I* don't eat, it's not a problem....My children have to eat. They need heat in the winter. They need lights. They need love.

The very fact that you cannot differentiate between reproduction, and being a parent is frightfully indicative of where you are in life. I don't understand how you can't understand that if you make the choice to bring a life into this world, you are responsible for that life.

Oh, and you're right. I do make quick judgments about people. My life sort of depends on it, and I've been right most of the time.

Wait a minute. Your life depends on it? Haha. What, as a guy who sells roofing? It's not like your a cop in the ghetto, a soldier in the war, or a prisoner in jail. You're too funny. Let's make a deal. I'll stay out of that **** hole of a state called Texas if you stay out of my beautiful state of California. And being a parent is not as difficult as you're making it out to be. Stop acting like you deserve some sort of reward because you don't take a shot of liquor in the morning and instead support your family. Oooohhhhh. How responsible of you. Gold star for you.

Goonboss doesn't respect Ricky Williams, Goonboss instills duty in his life to pave the way for his family, there are 6.8 billion people in the world, the world orbits the sun that is floating in a gigantic black space...... Seriously enough of this crap of a thread. Ok Goon, I get you, and I see where you are coming from. What can we say, Ricky ****ed up for a few years. FACT. Thats ok though because I can give some slack to a guy that is trying to understand his placement in this universe. Constantly being told "oh boy ricky you sure can run" all of his career, hand off after hand off, maybe he wondered to himself "Is this all that I am?" Im not sure but I don't care enough to let it boil up inside me to create this anonymous hatred for someone that the closest I get to him is watching my television screen. Your right, he made a choice to escape his fears and insecurities by smoking weed. FACT. It happens to people. Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before they know where they stand. All I know is that Ricky has been the best he can be the past few years and has been very happy with where he is at now. GOOD FOR HIM. He is living up to his responsibilities and is a leader by action, MVP, on our team. I hope the best for him and this team.

Wait a minute. Your life depends on it? Haha. What, as a guy who sells roofing? It's not like your a cop in the ghetto, a soldier in the war, or a prisoner in jail. You're too funny. Let's make a deal. I'll stay out of that **** hole of a state called Texas if you stay out of my beautiful state of California. And being a parent is not as difficult as you're making it out to be. Stop acting like you deserve some sort of reward because you don't take a shot of liquor in the morning and instead support your family. Oooohhhhh. How responsible of you. Gold star for you.

I'm a TDCJ correctional officer working in a maximum security unit. I spend 48 hours a week knee deep in men that populate the worst nightmare you can imagine. We turn out about 70 officers on a good day to manage 3K offenders.

My job before this was a shift foreman at a roofing products plant. I made the stuff...I didn't sell it.

I didn't say I was praiseworthy, or needed a reward. That's the whole point. You don't get a reward for doing the right thing most of the time. Most times there is nothing tangible about doing the right thing. That's what makes doing the right thing not in line with our ID most times.

You can keep California. I've actually been there, so I can form an opinion based on more than one guy on a messageboard.

The fact that you don't care about how parents treat their children is indicative of your character. I hope you never are responsible for children or a wife. Just sit in your basement and smoke pot.

Of course what I say is my opinion and what you say is your opinion. I think I'm right and you're wrong. You think you're right and I'm wrong. Drrrrp drrp.

Actually, I don't have a basement and I don't sit anywhere all day. That is your misconception of me. I have a profession, I just bought a house, and I'm starting a family with my fiance. I'm on my way out to the gym now. I'm going to the beach tomorrow and going camping in 2 weeks. I play music, snowboard, and golf. I'm very active and enjoy my life. I'm the exact opposite of what you label a stoner.

I'm positive I will be a good parent and don't really care what you think of me. I know what I think of you, but I won't say it because I don't want to stoop to your level. And for a moderator, you sure take the cake with all of the personal attacks. I thought mods weren't supposed to breaking the TOS multiple times within one thread. Can I report you to you?

I'm a TDCJ correctional officer working in a maximum security unit. I spend 48 hours a week knee deep in men that populate the worst nightmare you can imagine. We turn out about 70 officers on a good day to manage 3K offenders.

My job before this was a shift foreman at a roofing products plant. I made the stuff...I didn't sell it.

I didn't say I was praiseworthy, or needed a reward. That's the whole point. You don't get a reward for doing the right thing most of the time. Most times there is nothing tangible about doing the right thing. That's what makes doing the right thing not in line with our ID most times.

You can keep California. I've actually been there, so I can form an opinion based on more than one guy on a messageboard.

Oh okay. So you do have a dangerous job. No wonder you have so much pressure. That's on you though. Not a job I would take, but someone's gotta do it. I've been to Texas myself. Looks like we are both where we belong. You can stay in Texas and guard criminals, hunt, drill for oil, and stand in the back alley drinking with your neighbors ala King of the Hill. I'll stay in California where the girls are beautiful and I can go to the beach one day and snowboarding the next. Hmmm. Tough choice. I'm going to the gym. You're on ignore.

Goonboss doesn't respect Ricky Williams, Goonboss instills duty in his life to pave the way for his family, there are 6.8 billion people in the world, the world orbits the sun that is floating in a gigantic black space...... Seriously enough of this crap of a thread. Ok Goon, I get you, and I see where you are coming from. What can we say, Ricky ****ed up for a few years. FACT. Thats ok though because I can give some slack to a guy that is trying to understand his placement in this universe. Constantly being told "oh boy ricky you sure can run" all of his career, hand off after hand off, maybe he wondered to himself "Is this all that I am?" Im not sure but I don't care enough to let it boil up inside me to create this anonymous hatred for someone that the closest I get to him is watching my television screen. Your right, he made a choice to escape his fears and insecurities by smoking weed. FACT. It happens to people. Sometimes people have to hit rock bottom before they know where they stand. All I know is that Ricky has been the best he can be the past few years and has been very happy with where he is at now. GOOD FOR HIM. He is living up to his responsibilities and is a leader by action, MVP, on our team. I hope the best for him and this team.

I agree with pretty much your whole post. I've never said anything different actually. I guess what throws people into an instant frenzy is when I say something negative about Ricky Williams. That inevitably starts the attacks on me personally, and I'm not one to back down when I'm pushed.

Ricky is allowed to be who he is no matter if I like him or not. I'm allowed to have my opinion of him. He's allowed to have his opinion about things. All this is fundamental. I think RW is just holding it together to maximize his earnings now, because life punched him in the face. I think Jeremy Schapp will be interviewing RW in a gutter somewhere after he retires too.....But that's just my opinion, an it's as valid as any other opinion.

I too hope the best for him, and indeed, every player on our team.

Oh okay. So you do have a dangerous job. No wonder you have so much pressure. That's on you though. Not a job I would take, but someone's gotta do it. I've been to Texas myself. Looks like we are both where we belong. You can stay in Texas and guard criminals, hunt, drill for oil, and stand in the back alley drinking with your neighbors ala King of the Hill. I'll stay in California where the girls are beautiful and I can go to the beach one day and snowboarding the next. Hmmm. Tough choice. I'm going to the gym. You're on ignore.

Fat chance ignoring me :) Keep your snow, and I like our girls just fine.

Thanks for playing.

Damn, I can't put him on ignore because he is a moderator. Travesty.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Fat chance ignoring me :) Keep your snow, and I like our girls just fine.

Thanks for playing.

Toothless and with extra appendages? Wow. Have fun with that. Thank YOU for playing.

Then you of all people should want pot made legal, to stop all the illegal drug smugglers from entering your state...

Back on topic, Pat White can play in the NFL. All of you haters look like morons, bashing the kid after one season and 5 pass attempts. Losers.

Then you of all people should want pot made legal, to stop all the illegal drug smugglers from entering your state...

Back on topic, Pat White can play in the NFL. All of you haters look like morons, bashing the kid after one season and 5 pass attempts. Losers.

I actually think that pot should be legal. It makes no sense to me that it isn't legal. As it is, though, it's illegal, and people have to make choices in life regarding it's use. I don't feel sorry for those who make the wrong choice.

Pat White can certainly play in the NFL. He plays poorly, but he can play. It's sad when the starting halfback on your team has better stats passing the ball than a QB does.

Damn, I can't put him on ignore because he is a moderator. Travesty.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Toothless and with extra appendages? Wow. Have fun with that. Thank YOU for playing.

Don't go away mad. Just go away :) I thought you were going to the gym.

Funny how what has boiled down to your attacks on all women in Texas are because I just don't respect Ricky Williams. Do you see how your entire argument has boiled on down to "nanny nanny boo boo" at all Texas women and has nothing to do with anything that this thread was about?

And after all this, Pat White still sucks until proven otherwise. When i see him actually play well in a game that means something, i will change my opinion.

This thread is awful. I come here to relax and talk about football and forget the petty crap you guys are bringing up. Please PM each other about your personal views.

+1 for pro-ricky sentiments and belief in anything he says

Now I kinda wish we had moved Thigpen to #2, White to #3, and Pennington to QB coach. Thigpen is a solid backup. White looked like a deer in the headlights last season but I gotta believe a lot of it is confidence (which can change), plus he probably didn't get much practice as an actual QB because they were busy teaching him special packages for 1st team.

I don't understand why everyone is harping about Pat's second round draft status.

Pat White is a member of the Dolphins. It doesn't matter whether he was a second round pick or a UDFA, the question to ask is: can he help the team this year enough to merit inclusion in the 53 man roster? Answer said question yes or no. If Thigpen is a better player now for the Phins, keep him and jettison White. If Pat plays well enough to merit inclusion in the 53, so be it. He didn't ask to be picked in the second round (although his wallet is happier for that having happened). If he bombs, he won't have been the only second round Dolphins QB pick or trade that failed.

If I buy a cell phone and it turns out to be garbage, even if I paid good money for it I need to ditch the brick and get something that works.

Now the FO needs to be looking into why their second round draft pick did or did not meet their expectations. If they don't do a review of their draft picks a couple of years down the road, and see where they went right and where they went wrong, then they're idiots. Making mistakes happens. Not learning from your mistakes is stupid.

Now as for Ricky, I believe that weaknesses are strengths taken to an extreme. One of the things I like about Ricky is his childlike simplicity. That strength can be manifested as childishness in terms of his decision making. I don't think after football he will ever be in the gutter unless he trips walking down the street. I believe he enjoys the whole holistic medicine thing, and he will do it, and he will excel at it, and he will enjoy it. He's already started doing it, and seems to like it. Football right now pays the bills better than anything else he can do, but the day he can't play the game, he will walk away and not look back. He may not enjoy the financial success of a Marino post-NFL, but I have no reason to believe that he won't succeed in Ricky 2.0.

Back
Top Bottom