Pat White | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White

the more the merrier, why have 1 when we can have 2. j/k besides adding tebow doesn't create roster flexibility

this is not a reach, somebody behind us would have taken him b4 we could select again. If they were willing to trade down and find a partner, it lets people know we were selecting him and jeopardizes our chances.

So what. Take someone else. Especially on defense.

I dont get the pick either early in the 2nd round. If hes there in the 4th, ok fine. At most, he comes in for a play here and there in the Wildcat, which goes away from what Parcells wants anyway, a huge OLine and power running game. I dont get it either.

Exactly, I was hoping the early 2nd rounder was going to be someone we could expect to be a full-time starter eventually. Pat White is a great talent, but how much is he going to see the field? Hopefully he's a solid WR, but we have a bunch of solid WRs already.

Wonder if this means Ronnie's days are numbered.

with pat white, he's the new slash though I hope with a better outcome. john beck is certainly gone, we carry 2 qb after this season with penninton gone, he'll provide wr help ala stanbeck in dallas, and he can be counted on to handle kickoffs

John Beck is not going anywhere... white could never beat him out. mark it down....... finman

So much for trading Jason Taylor - we WASTED it on Pat White.

Man get a clue go watch the 08 Fiesta Bowl where this kid put the team on his shoulders after Rodriguez left them the week before! This kid wins Henne would have folded like a house of cards hit by a wet fart in that situation!!!

Yeah lets not add any players to our offense who might help us. That would be a horrible idea!!!! When Pat throws for 100+ yards and runs for 100+ yards you guys will be the first one here chirping about how great he is. What does this have to with Henne? Have you see Henne throw a pass for the Dolphin's in a regular season game yet? :confused:

because its a luxury pick for a team with very needs. its a toy on offense. as a team, Miami cant make picks like this as realy as they did. Assuming Pennington starts, what does Pat White do? get 4 snaps a game in the Wildcat? if that? hes never played wr, and hes aa smurf, so dont give me that either.

Well with the defensive talent NE drafted Im sure they will be fine.

Talent will not be a factor if they don't know what is coming. Last year, we beat a lot of teams that were more talented to us. We beat them by out-scheming them. BTW, 4.5 for a QB is elite speed. It's still faster than any DL or LB that is trying to rush him.

I just love playing devils advocate :up:

I understand what they are thinking with this pick but, it is just too much of a reach for me. If Pat White turns out to revolutionize the way the wilcat/spread offense is run in the NFL , then great pick. But what are the chances?

Talent will not be a factor if they don't know what is coming. Last year, we beat a lot of teams that were more talented to us. We beat them by out-scheming them. BTW, 4.5 for a QB is elite speed. It's still faster than any DL or LB that is trying to rush him.

I just love playing devils advocate :up:

and towards the end of the year, after teams watched some tape, the Wildcat got less and less effective.

John Beck is not going anywhere... white could never beat him out. mark it down....... finman

I hate the Pat White pick, but John Beck's days are numbered in Miami even without Pat White. They will end up cutting him.

What does this have to with Henne? Have you see Henne throw a pass for the Dolphin's in a regular season game yet? :confused:

I get your point, but for the record, Henne did throw some passes in the regular season.

I was in Arizona and saw Henne drive the team down the field. Got the pics to prove it.

Back
Top Bottom