Pat White | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pat White

Yea the wildcat really helped us versus Balt. Like I keep saying we might as well have signed Michael Vick if you want a qb that can run and give defenses headaches. Parcells and company have drafted many unproductive players Bobby Carpenter and Kevin Burnett come to mind quickly.

There's no doubt the wildcat got less effective as defensive coordinators got used to it, that's my point though now they have to start all over again. You can bet theres a hell of alot of pissed off defensive coordinators in the afc east after this pick :lol:

Oh well, in other news Al Davis continues to impress!

Definition of gimmick...

Gimmick: A device employed to cheat, deceive, or trick, especially a mechanism for the secret and dishonest control of gambling apparatus.

The Wildcat is not a gimmick. Teams knew we were running it. It's no secret when we're running it. Teams weren't surprised when we did run it. If you know that we're running it, then stop it. It's really no different than the basic I formation really.

But it's definitely not a gimmick.

Gimmick, Gadget or whatever I hate the PAt White pick.

There's no doubt the wildcat got less effective as defensive coordinators got used to it, that's my point though now they have to start all over again. You can bet theres a hell of alot of pissed off defensive coordinators in the afc east after this pick :lol:

I dont see why this would change thier philopsphy. Still no need to double cover with Pat White playing qb. You would think Chad Henne would cause more fear but I guess not. I am assuming that people back in the day were big Michael Vick fans. I dont see the differance except Vick was a better prospect than White.

He wouldnt have lasted much later in the draft anyways you guys all act like we could have got him in the 4th or something. He wasnt going to make it past NE next pick. I have been reading for a couple of weeks that NE was interested in him which is why when NE was picking two picks in a row ESPN just happened to bring him up and put a poll up on the website because they expected them to take him at that point and wanted to look smart

obviously NE was not that impressed by him since they passed on im in back to back picks with us coming up.

the more i think about it, the more i hate this pick. we need to stop thinking about that wildcat. that **** is just a fad. good defense and and a running game is what it takes to win. that will never change. damn that pick sucks.

obviously NE was not that impressed by him since they passed on im in back to back picks with us coming up.

Yeah they took two players that if they didnt we would have taken. But they did take them so we went to the next option just as they would have. They would have taken him with their next pick cause he was next on their board just like he was on ours

the more i think about it, the more i hate this pick. we need to stop thinking about that wildcat. that **** is just a fad. good defense and and a running game is what it takes to win. that will never change. damn that pick sucks.

Seriously I feel sick after this pick. We drafted a CFL starting qb.
The new Turner Gill

Yeah they took two players that if they didnt we would have taken. But they did take them so we went to the next option just as they would have. They would have taken him with their next pick cause he was next on their board just like he was on ours

no proof they really wanted him. If they really wanted him they would have taken him with us coming up. I doubt they would have taken him before the 4th. Wish we had that same attitude.

Maybe not. But I like Bill's chances. Pat White brings a lot to the table.

If you say so. Just not fond of drafting part time players in the second.
If he works out, Im a fan and thats great but I see him as a huge mistake,

Back
Top Bottom