Patrick Johnson's ACT score questioned. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patrick Johnson's ACT score questioned.

I never said Georgia was perfect. I am just saying you don't hear complaints from recruits or from players leaving the program early like you do with Meyer in his short time at UF.

I never said Georgia was perfect. I am just saying you don't hear complaints from recruits or from players leaving the program early like you do with Meyer in his short time at UF.

Who left early with complaints?

urban meyer is a giant bucket of grease

Agree totally...but Meyer has never been anywhere long enough for him to completely destroy a program...notice the records of the schools AFTER Meyer left BG...11-3, 9-3, 6-5, 4-8, Utah 7-5, 8-5, 9-4....he is an innovative coach, has a great scheme, pretty good game day coach, but has not sustained anything and it can be pretty legitimatly argued that he has left programs in a downward trend. He has definetly irritated everyone in CFB and most of the people he works with. Kids are obviously starting to see thru his routine.

His downfall will be recruiting and talent evaluation.Gary Blackney was a fantastic recruiter that preceded Meyer, so Meyer took all that talent and his scheme got the most out of it to the tune of 9-3 twice. Now Blackney had some bad years but he also took on Pitt, Penn State, Michigan, Marshall as OOC games and was not a very good coach overall. Ron McBride was the HC at Utah before Meyer and was also a fantastic recruiter getting kids like Steve Smith, Luther Ellis, Andre Dyson and Jamal Anderson...at UTAH no less..all I believe from out of state. McBride was a decent enough coach going to 6 bowl games in 12 years.

I get labeled as the biggest Gator Hater on here because I cannot stand the dirtbag and I post and PM things I hear, my own run in with the meatsack and things that are true that no one, at least Gator fans want to acknowledge. I do have some "Gator" connections. Do not worry Grease that program is self destructing as we speak as much as UF fans do not want to see it.......

Please note in the blurb below only 4 of the 28 were lost to the NFL, before that spin is listed as a response. Also from the 06 class they will probably have (when they are seniors) only see Cunningham, Doe, Harvin, Tebow, Cooper, Pierre-Louis, and Spikes as high end, notice I stated high end/quality senior starters and James as a KR guy. That is some good quality but 7 senior starters (06 is turning out to be slightly above a bust, although you have to give him credit on Harvin (Virginia Beach), Tebow is from Jax. Nease...he was going to be a Gator if Pee Wee Herman was the coach) ... the trend will continue IMHO.......they are going to be a very very good team as long as Tebow and particularly Harvin are there...after that they better hope for lightning in a bottle twice. Remember this is a guy that had that class coming off a NC and coming off a NC and with the HT winner managed 9-4...9-4........Here is the blurb, notice not from me...

From the Knoxville News Sentinel by Joe Adams:

"Recruiting Gaps: Florida Coach Urban Meyer is working on a third consecutive top-10 recruiting class, but that won't solve all his problems.
Florida, which had only four(4) senior starters this season, might have as few as six(6) next season, according to a story in the Gainesville Sun.
Former coach Ron Zook's last recruiting at Florida was a bust. So was Meyer's first class. Of the 41 players signed in the two classes, only 13 remain at Florida."

Twenty eight(28)washouts in only 2 recruiting classes! Just ponder that for a couple of minutes and try to justify it. It is NOT bad luck my friends. Something is terribly wrong in Alachua County Florida these days and it ain't the BBQ. Were all 28 underachievers? Not likely. Were they simply bad apples? A few in every bunch. How many of the 28 discovered what was sold is not what they bought and how long did it take for them to make that determination.

Who left early with complaints?

You ARE kidding right...they have 28 leave from Zook's last class and Meyers first (see my other post)...add Manson, Deonte soon to be gone, Fayson that were not counted...not to mention the coaches like Drayton or the coaches that turned up their nose at Meyer like Aubrey Hill (A UF guy at that, that could not get out of Pitt fast enough). They have had 6 admin's bug out in the Athletic Departmen (one that had been there 21 years), inturns mostly refuse to work in the AD more than a week. Quality alums that have gave their soul to the school cannot stand the guy. Former players run him down in public (2 of them to me.and i do not know that many darn players)...now Doc probably left for a better opportunity but other than that..........

just because you do not WANT to believe something does not make it untrue......

You ARE kidding right...they have 28 leave from Zook's last class and Meyers first (see my other post)...add Manson, Deonte soon to be gone, Fayson that were not counted...not to mention the coaches like Drayton or the coaches that turned up their nose at Meyer like Aubrey Hill (A UF guy at that, that could not get out of Pitt fast enough). They have had 6 admin's bug out in the Athletic Departmen (one that had been there 21 years), inturns mostly refuse to work in the AD more than a week. Quality alums that have gave their soul to the school cannot stand the guy. Former players run him down in public (2 of them to me.and i do not know that many darn players)...now Doc probably left for a better opportunity but other than that..........

just because you do not WANT to believe something does not make it untrue......

:lol: Ummm Alot of the guys that left from Zook's year were not going to fit into Urban's system and they did not want to deal with that. Anyone who left from Zook's years don't really count imo. Manson graduated and wanted to play football his last year. Thats the only reason he left. Deonte is not going anywhere!!!! Fayson thinks he is Percy Harvin and is leaving because of playing time. Stan Drayton was told to find another job because his contract would not be renewed. I don't know about Holiday so I am not going to put anything other than he is probably just trying to further his own coaching career. I have not clue about the AD and I have spoke with a former gator who met with Urban and loved him and everthing he is doing. Now kids will always leave because of playing time and other reasons like Family, Academics, and other things. I have not seen One thing from any recruit about how Meyer just plain lied or had problems with how he ran the team.

Just because you THINK you know something does not make it true......

:lol: Ummm Alot of the guys that left from Zook's year were not going to fit into Urban's system and they did not want to deal with that. Anyone who left from Zook's years don't really count imo. Manson graduated and wanted to play football his last year. Thats the only reason he left. Deonte is not going anywhere!!!! Fayson thinks he is Percy Harvin and is leaving because of playing time. Stan Drayton was told to find another job because his contract would not be renewed. I don't know about Holiday so I am not going to put anything other than he is probably just trying to further his own coaching career. I have not clue about the AD and I have spoke with a former gator who met with Urban and loved him and everthing he is doing. Now kids will always leave because of playing time and other reasons like Family, Academics, and other things. I have not seen One thing from any recruit about how Meyer just plain lied or had problems with how he ran the team.

Skeet you have every right to believe what you want, have your opinion and see things in the manner you wish to. I am not going to debate with you here because their is no way for me to legitimize myself, what I know, or how I know it, or who I know or quote them....and not throw them under the bus. I will say that numerous alumi (major bull Gators) , ex players, ex-players families and at least one ex NCAA higher up cannot stand the man.

I have met him on more than one occasion and I have never met a man I dispise more.......as a man and that has nothing to do with football....I do give him credit though...he made me realize football is just a game with his total disdain for good people that have lived their lives with great integrity that happen to be Bull Gators...I respect your view but again...I've met him, know many people that worked for and know him and I make no apologies for qualifying him as an absolute jerk in my book.

I also do not know you so I would never disparage your credentials or connections. I will say that I have revealed a couple sources recently to people I trust here and that I do know some people in some places that are privy to information that is not for public consumption. Again I will not disparage your connections but if you know people that have interacted with him and like him...they would be in a significant minority. He is god like and worshiped by people that have never met nor know anyone that has met him...it boggles my mind.

And unless you are Deonte Thompson then you have no idea what is in his mind, Neither do I, I just know what his actions have been that is the only way I can offer my opinion of his situation. I can guess about his future and both you and I have a 50-50 chance of being right...but what I KNOW that his actions indicate to me you have a real unhappy camper......

Skeets.....:) you are correct.....

Actually I am not very original and do not have many thoughts about the whole matter of Urban Meyer. I just parrot a lot of what other people say about him now as I have formed my opinion of the man...Great coach though. Again I have met the man on multiple occassions i do not have the think I can form an opinion of him, it is my right to view his characther or lack thereof by how he handles himself in my presence.

I do have an emotional bias against him and by proxy the FB program right now because of my experiences and his treatment of people I consider friends. So it is emotional for me and I do present every negative Urban Meyer fact I find when I have the time. If he did not want little ole me to be posting articles about his tactics and character, he should have more character. if he wants players to speak highly of him...treat them with respect. If he wants alums to support him then he should treat them with honor.

I have not seen One thing from any recruit about how Meyer just plain lied or had problems with how he ran the team.

Daryl Stonum, Marcus Fortson, Rodney Garner, Javon Snead, Nate Boatang, Damarcus Van dyke, Ronald Johnson, Eric Wilbur, John Brown, Terrance Toliver, Marcus Udell, Dustin Does mother, 100% graduation rate comment ESPN, Carl Moore and his girlfriend, James McKinney, Fayson,...sorry for the short list, I did not have time to search much and many of those are from memory....

I am not going to bother going on...those are just the lies....if you would like you can google them or I can give you a list of the just classless dirty recruiting tactics...and I am one that believes that recruiting is open until signing day.....or I can give you the"opinons" Meyer has given and proported to be factual.........

13 to 26?!???! LOL wow that is too big of a jump to be real. Hell, I only went up 2 points myself each time.

Daryl Stonum, Marcus Fortson, Rodney Garner, Javon Snead, Nate Boatang, Damarcus Van dyke, Ronald Johnson, Eric Wilbur, John Brown, Terrance Toliver, Marcus Udell, Dustin Does mother, 100% graduation rate comment ESPN, Carl Moore and his girlfriend, James McKinney, Fayson,...sorry for the short list, I did not have time to search much and many of those are from memory....

I am not going to bother going on...those are just the lies....if you would like you can google them or I can give you a list of the just classless dirty recruiting tactics...and I am one that believes that recruiting is open until signing day.....or I can give you the"opinons" Meyer has given and proported to be factual.........

You can add Justin Trattou and Omar Hunter to that list as well. I think the Jevon Snead one has become the most amusing, and widely known story around the net. It has come to symbolize what Meyer is.

13 to 26?!???! LOL wow that is too big of a jump to be real. Hell, I only went up 2 points myself each time.

That isn't that unusual IMO. A 13 is really low, and a decent amount of work could easily get it up to 20, and really hard work could surely get it to 26 (like a lot of studying and a tutor).

That isn't that unusual IMO. A 13 is really low, and a decent amount of work could easily get it up to 20, and really hard work could surely get it to 26 (like a lot of studying and a tutor).

I doubt it. If this were true everyone would get a 26 by just working hard.A 13 is really low, unless he went in to the test not trying at all you don't jump that much by just studying. He doubled his score, that's hard to do. Avg scores are usually around 20, so he's well above the average after completely bombing? He went from the 5th% to the 85th%, very good tutor I guess. Maybe it's possible. But it's unlikely enough that I understand it raising flags if it did go down like that.

This is assuming the 13 to 26 jump is accurate. If it was 16 to 22, like UGA said, I can buy that with a tutor and some hard work.

i took the ACT in November, 13 is what a mentally retarded person should get, 26 is actually pretty average. He probably went into the first one not giving a ****

Back
Top Bottom