Patriots cut Kyle Love because he was diagnosed with diabetes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots cut Kyle Love because he was diagnosed with diabetes

Do you think it's healthy for a man who just got type 2 diabetes to have a job that requires him to be 300 + pounds?

Do you think it's healthy for a man who just got type 2 diabetes to have a job that requires him to be 300 + pounds?

Do you think it's healthy for a man to be 300+ lbs in general?

Sent from my ducking phone using Tapatalk 2

Do you think it's healthy for a man to be 300+ lbs in general?

Sent from my ducking phone using Tapatalk 2

nope. but being 300+ pounds and being 300+ pounds with a disease that significantly increases the risk of a heart attack/stroke are two different things. If a person at that weight developed diabetes every doctor in the world would tell them that they would need to lose weight and change their diet/lifestyle. considering that this would cause Kyle Love to be unable to play his position i don't really see how the patriots are in the wrong here.

not trying to sound hearltess about it; it sucks that this happened to him. but he should put his health first and doing so would prevent him from being able to play, at least in the short term.

Last edited by a moderator:
The army puts out people with certain ailments also.

Don't see anything wrong here. The man needs to retire and get himself healthy. The Patriots are looking out for his best interests here.

Don't see anything wrong here. The man needs to retire and get himself healthy. The Patriots are looking out for his best interests here.

no team seems to do a better job of looking out for themsellves and minimizing risks

So why has no one cut Jay Cutler?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I hate the Pats, but I cant fault them here. If the guy stroked out on the practice field, everyone in here thats bashing the Pats for cutting him would be the first ones bashing the Patriots for playing a guy with significant health risks.

demotivationalposter11135-1.jpg

So why has no one cut Jay Cutler?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Because someone has type 2 diabetes doesn't mean they are at the same level of risk as another person afflicted with the same issue. I was bordering pre-diabetic and simply altering my diet, losing weight and exercising has decreased the risk significantly. Cutler appears to be at a weight and physical condition that is ok while Love is a much higher risk at his current weight.

Back
Top Bottom