Patriots cut Kyle Love because he was diagnosed with diabetes | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Patriots cut Kyle Love because he was diagnosed with diabetes

It's the lawyers. The Patriots don't want to be sued by Love if they continue to require him to play at 310 and they know it's harmful to him because of the health issues. Matter of risk management.

Because someone has type 2 diabetes doesn't mean they are at the same level of risk as another person afflicted with the same issue. I was bordering pre-diabetic and simply altering my diet, losing weight and exercising has decreased the risk significantly. Cutler appears to be at a weight and physical condition that is ok while Love is a much higher risk at his current weight.

Plus Cutler is a QB.

People are much more willing to take gambles with a QB than a defensive tackle.

If Tom Brady gets diagnosed with diabetes, Patriots probably don't cut him lol.

Do you think it's healthy for a man who just got type 2 diabetes to have a job that requires him to be 300 + pounds?

I realize I am late to this thread. But in this day and age, treating diabetes is a lot easier than it used to be. Even type 2. My brother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes way back in the nineties. Then you HAD to use insulin, you HAD to eat sugar free stuff, you HAD to take your blood sugar at certain times.

Now they have pills to manage your blood sugar. You don't always have to use insulin. You can even drink now a days.

The fact that the Patriots cut him because of this is, as Nubs said, severely classes. And I hope Love sues the **** out them.

And honestly hope someone in the division picks him up.

Remember. Never goto the Library without your shotgun.

Plus Cutler is a QB.

People are much more willing to take gambles with a QB than a defensive tackle.

If Tom Brady gets diagnosed with diabetes, Patriots probably don't cut him lol.

Hmmm so the key to winning the division is to force Brady to eat candy and raw sugar until the season starts. That way he gains weight, gets diabetes, and gets cut.

:hump:

I realize I am late to this thread. But in this day and age, treating diabetes is a lot easier than it used to be. Even type 2. My brother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes way back in the nineties. Then you HAD to use insulin, you HAD to eat sugar free stuff, you HAD to take your blood sugar at certain times.

Now they have pills to manage your blood sugar. You don't always have to use insulin. You can even drink now a days.

The fact that the Patriots cut him because of this is, as Nubs said, severely classes. And I hope Love sues the **** out them.

Did your brother alter his eating habits, exercise routine and manage his weight closer or does he simply rely on the medication?

Did your brother alter his eating habits, exercise routine and manage his weight closer or does he simply rely on the medication?

If he is anything like me, he changed his habits for a little while then slid backwards and relies more on the medicine than he should. Hopefully, her is smarter and more disciplined than I am.

He was diagnosed back when he was 12, I think. Like I said, it was in the early to mid 90s.

But we had to completely change how meals were cooked. And yes, eventually, he had to change his habits too. But back then, they really didn't understand it like they do now.

Matter of fact, I think when he just got to high school or just before, they went from watching the sugar intake to monitoring the carb intake.

And then not long after that, is when he spiraled out of control in to drug and alcohol abuse. But he is still alive today.

But again, the major point here is it is a very manageable disease these days. For the Patriots to just up and fire him because of that, without first seeing how it would effect his life, is wrong on many levels.

doesn't jay cutler have diabetes I thought? and he seems to be doing fine physically playing in the nfl. So apparently qbs are fine to play, but a guy whose not a qb and has diabetes, well too bad for him.

will the players union have anything to say about this?
is this leagal?
is he covered by Americans with Dissability Act

If you think managing type II diabetes is simply a matter of taking pills you are sadly mistaken my friend.
Pills only limit your own body (liver) from adding to your blood glucose level but they don't help remove glucose from the blood stream from an improper high carb diet. Those who don't excersize to lose weight and change their diet and take their meds will soon become a type I diabetic.
Believe me I know this first hand, was diagnosed with type II diabetes 6 yrs ago and have had live the type II diabetes life style. 4 yrs of a strict diet and a 60 lb weight loss I am now med free. Managing type II diabetes is way more than simply taking pills its a major change of life style.

---------- Post added at 12:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Cutler is also a Type 1 Diabetic. Dieting does not play as abig of a role as it does with Type 2 Diabetes.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom