patriots play the undefeated saints next 5-0 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

patriots play the undefeated saints next 5-0

The Pats cheated the Saints out of a win. In the final two minutes the refs missed a Pats defensive player lining up in the neutral zone plus a blatant holding call.....but the Saints played "not to lose." Oh well...only two unbeatens left and they play each other twice in the AFC West.

Serious question after watching this game, does anyone else find the Patriots success ratio to be a tad fishy? I'm not gonna bother digging up stats, but just from watching their games over the last decade I think the law of averages would preclude any team from pulling as many wins out of their ass at the last second as these guys do. No matter how many injuries or personnel changes they encounter they still dominate. Even without Brady they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, you put Cassel with KC and now Minnesota and he stinks it up in both cities. Literally the only consistent piece of the puzzle has been Bill Belichik, except you look at his time coaching in Cleveland before he arrived at NE, and his overall record was 36–44, he had only 1 winning season there.

I often feel like I'm watching something scripted, it feels like every NE game is built to give them the ball with 2 mins on the clock, even in the last few weeks, from the video replay machine not working, to a BS unnecessary roughness call, and not seeing Brees call for a timeout yesterday, it seems like EVERYTHING sways in their favor. Literally the only way they seem to lose is if the team playing them dominates them in such a way that the refs can't make their "officiating" look realistic. I hope I don't sound like I'm wearing a tin foil hat here, but honestly can you think of any other team with as many last minute miraculous wins? It feels like a Stallone movie where he survives a million impossible jumps out of exploding buildings...this kinda stuff just doesn't happen in real life. I'm convinced Kraft has Goodell on his pay roll or something.

There were so many iffy calls in that game against the saints it isn't even funny.

The one I clearly remember was when Brees called a timeout before he threw that Int. And the refs didn't even bother stopping play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The big point to take out of the Pats beating the Saints isn't that the Pats won. It is that they were competitive with the Saints while the Dolphins were not. There are a handful of elite teams in this league. The Pats and Saints are on that list. The Dolphins, in spite of Jeff Ireland's gazillion dollar free agent spending spree, are not.

The big point to take out of the Pats beating the Saints isn't that the Pats won. It is that they were competitive with the Saints while the Dolphins were not. There are a handful of elite teams in this league. The Pats and Saints are on that list. The Dolphins, in spite of Jeff Ireland's gazillion dollar free agent spending spree, are not.

The Saints, like the Seahawks, are on another level when they are at home, and pretty beatable on the road. Those two teams definitely have some Jekyll and Hyde dynamic going on.

Right now the Denver Broncos are clearly the best team in the NFL, and it's not even close. They will play anyone anywhere and be the better team.

The only question is whether or not Peyton Manning will go all Peyton Manning in the playoffs in bad weather again.

Take into account the venue. Has the Ratriots played in NO, its pretty much a guarantee that NE gets beat, and maybe handidly

Back
Top Bottom