Pats just scare me right now. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats just scare me right now.

deathdisco

Tyranny for you
Reaction score
We got the win yesterday but god was it ugly, no one looks good, and I still dont understand why Derius Thompson is on the field, I havent seen him don much of anything.

Now the Pats are playing good ball, tons of injuries and they still getting the W's. I hope we dont show up like we did the last 2 games or its going to be a long day on offense and defense.

The Pats are like the Jets to us, it doesnt matter how much we get up on these teams, they never seem to quit and they all seem to get better in the 3rd and 4th quarter something we are not very good at, hell I have seen us play 4 good quarters yet and a team like the Pats we need to play 4 good quarters.

Things we need to do to win.

#1 We need this offense to control the ball, Ricky needs a big day and I mean a big day, McMichael, Chambers and Thompson also need a big game.

#2 The offensive line needs to get its act together and give the playmakers on this team atleast a shot of making something to happen, we need that push we had last year when Nails and Company were just blowing people off the line.

#3 Jay needs to play smarter, he cant afford to make bad throws, the Pats play very good D especially in there zone coverages.

#4 We need Seau on the field for his leadership and his playmaking ability.

#5 Yes we are at home, but we saw what happened opening day being at home and we need to play even tougher against a division rival.

#6 Play 4 good quarters =P

Now if we lose our schedule is freaking hell here on out, so we really need get the W here. When I first saw the schedule I was like ah this isnt too bad, but now teams that shouldnt be good are playing good and Thanksgiving is starting to scare me.

Pats had 29 yards of offense in the first half and are winning the same way we are, solid defense.

We can kick their ***, its hard to believe that this beaten up team (pats) is doing well, as long as we execute and continue to play solid D, we should roll....

We can beat them as long as the offense doesn't make many mistakes. If Jay starts tossing int's and ricky start fumbling, it's going to be a long day.

We can beat their cb's though, they jump on every cross route, toss them a pump fake and we'll burn them deep. I watched the game yesterday, every time they cbs would jump in front of the wr, even on pump fakes. But collins was having an awful day and couldn't hit any of his WR's.

Originally posted by unclemonty
Pats had 29 yards of offense in the first half and are winning the same way we are, solid defense.

Yeah and they have beaten teams with a lot of issues too (Giants,Jets,Eagles) much like us.

The Titans win was impressive but the Titans are a one man show and if you have the right personnel to stop it you can win it.

It's going to be a tough game, to good defenses going agianst two stuggling offenses. I think we can force brady into more mistake then they will force fiedler into, and I guess that is what it is going to come down to. The only thing I am worried about is stopping the run. Faulk has done very welll this season, and cloud is up and coming.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
It's going to be a tough game, to good defenses going agianst two stuggling offenses. I think we can force brady into more mistake then they will force fiedler into, and I guess that is what it is going to come down to. The only thing I am worried about is stopping the run. Faulk has done very welll this season, and cloud is up and coming.

If Bowens and Seau can't play I would be worried but I don't think that they will be a factor if these two are healthy.

New England doesn't scare me. They never play well in Miami. When was the last time they won on Dolphin turf, '97? I know all streaks must come to an end but I just don't see it happening on Sunday.

Sunday will be a good game. I am only worried about slowing down Ricky. Without Ted Washington I don't know how the Pats are gonna do it. Ricky will be running all day, wearing out the Pats rooks and practice squad players. On offense the Pats need to have their patchwork O-line open some holes for Faulk, Smith and Cloud. I hate Miami in October. It will take another miracle (coaching) to pull off this one. Just imagine what the AFC East would look like if the Pats fielded a healthy team. I can tell you it wouldn't even be close.

Please...The only thing i can imagine is if Scott Poli and Belichick hadn't released All-Pro Lawyer Milloy b4 opening day leading to a drubbing in Buffalo...Then NE would've had a chance but without Lawyer how can you beat Buffalo ?? That moves still baffles me...Salary Cap or not..you dont release him and let him go to a divsion rival...a couple days before OPENING THE SEASON against them...Looking at Buffalo these last couple of weeks you can aruguably make a case that that was the determining factor in that game...
So don't complain about injuries..complain about your front office shooting themselves in the foot...

Originally posted by DolphinzD
New England doesn't scare me. They never play well in Miami. When was the last time they won on Dolphin turf, '97? I know all streaks must come to an end but I just don't see it happening on Sunday.

Yeah just like our opening day streak came to an end, after Houston every team scares me away and home.

On another note we have had some serious shoot outs with the pats something we cant do anymore, Im just saying win or lose the pats plays us tough they always have.

Pats are a scary team.. Their defense is playing just like ours forcing many turnovers and taking one back for a TD in the past 2-3 games.. Their offense is struggling with injuries to their o-line and WR's and our offense is just struggling period.. It's going to be a real close game.. Hopefully this is the game Ricky breaks for more than 150 on 20-25 carries..

Yeah some of you guys pointed it out and its true, basically the Pats are gutting out wins the same way we are. They don't necessarily look good doing it, they just win. Thats what we do. We don't necessarily look good winning, we just win the game. The Titans last year were the same way.

I think the difference next week will be us playing at home...with the home crowd hopefully as loud as it was for Buffalo. They should really get up for this game because much like Buffalo this is going to be a clash of the Titans.

Back
Top Bottom