Pats think AFCE Title is already theirs! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats think AFCE Title is already theirs!

The Pats won the division last year but, this writer is way too arogant. He must be reminded of how they didn't make the playoffs the last time they came off of a SB win. Corey Dillion is above average at best and they didn't attempt to upgrade the O-line. Ricky Williams was not our only reason for hope and his retirement might inspire our team to step up their play. The writer also underestimates the bills and jets.

shalafi3455 said:
I hate the team, but I do like some of the players! You have to admite they do play good baseball! But I still love to see them lose!!!

For me it's like the Pats they have good players but I still want them to lose! :D
There is a big difference between the Yanks and the Pats. Huge. The Pats have done it with a salary cap -- spending the same as everyone else for the most part. They have done it by managing the cap better than other teams. No foul there; anyone can do it, if they are smart enough.

The Yanks just keep upping the ante. You want A-rod, you have to be willing to outspend them, and no one can. Today A-rod...tomorrow Kevin Brown, Sheffield, Lofton, and anyone else they want. It isn't the same at all.

The Yankees do have great players, they have, arguably, the most stacked lineup in the history of the game when you take into account defense, and their rotation as well. To me that only lessens their accomplishments.

Look on the bright side south Florida. There is one title (World series) the people of Boston would give up those 2 Super Bowl victories for in a heartbeat. Your team has won that title twice in their 11 year exsistance.

PatriotGOD said:
There is a big difference between the Yanks and the Pats. Huge. The Pats have done it with a salary cap -- spending the same as everyone else for the most part. They have done it by managing the cap better than other teams. No foul there; anyone can do it, if they are smart enough.

The Yanks just keep upping the ante. You want A-rod, you have to be willing to outspend them, and no one can. Today A-rod...tomorrow Kevin Brown, Sheffield, Lofton, and anyone else they want. It isn't the same at all.

The Yankees do have great players, they have, arguably, the most stacked lineup in the history of the game when you take into account defense, and their rotation as well. To me that only lessens their accomplishments.

You took me the wrong way! I wasn't compairing the teams! I was compairing that I want both teams to lose, but I like certain players on both teams is all!

Believe me I know what you mean about the Yanks and the salary cap! It sucks when they can buy who ever they want, but it's not like the Sox don't have a high salary either! They have a 130 mil payroll that's a lot more than most teams in the league, so I'm sure there are a lot of teams that say the same thing about us, when we get a player instead of them!

F150&Dolfan said:
Look on the bright side south Florida. There is one title (World series) the people of Boston would give up those 2 Super Bowl victories for in a heartbeat. Your team has won that title twice in their 11 year exsistance.
Not playing in the same division with the Yankees however....

As for giving up the championships for a Red Sox Title -- never. The two Super Bowls that the Pats have won are priceless. You will find very few New Englanders that would take that bet. Being a Red Sox fan isn't something you can understand unless you have grown up in New England and been a fan your whole life. It is about the tradition more than the result.

The saying here is "there's always next year." Most of us wouldn't know what to do or think if the Sox actually break this so-called "curse." We don't believe it is a curse, it just adds to the mystique of being a Sox fan. It is a part of who we are. We like the fact that winning it all seems unattainable. That defines us as fans. Take that away and we become -- no offense -- fair-weather Marlins fans.

PatriotGOD said:
Not playing in the same division with the Yankees however....

As for giving up the championships for a Red Sox Title -- never. The two Super Bowls that the Pats have won are priceless. You will find very few New Englanders that would take that bet. Being a Red Sox fan isn't something you can understand unless you have grown up in New England and been a fan your whole life. It is about the tradition more than the result.

The saying here is "there's always next year." Most of us wouldn't know what to do or think if the Sox actually break this so-called "curse." We don't believe it is a curse, it just adds to the mystique of being a Sox fan. It is a part of who we are. We like the fact that winning it all seems unattainable. That defines us as fans. Take that away and we become -- no offense -- fair-weather Marlins fans.

Dude no way is that true! I don't know why everyone thinks that if we won we wouldn't know what to do! I'll tell you what we would do, we'd want to win again and again and again!!! It would drive us ever more to want to feel that emotion again! But as the Pats found out it wasn't as sweet the second time around because there is nothing like the first one! You can never get the feeling back because you already did it, not that your not over joyed you won! Just not the same way as the first time!

BTW I'm a huge Sox fan and I would trade both Pats title in for a World Series ring in a heart beat! But I guess I have other reasons for that! :D

Back
Top Bottom