Pats vs. bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pats vs. bills

This is simple, the Pats will win. I think I'd rather see the Bills win though.

Bills because atleast I know the Jills wont have a chance at winning the EAST. I think you mean Brady not teddy.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I want the Pats to win for two reasons:

1. there are more annoying Bills fans here than annoying Pats fans
2. I don't want the Pats to have any more motivation later in the season

did you not see the pats last game? . . . trust me . . . they don't need any more motivation for this season

I say the Pats win; most trolls bashing us at the moment are Bills fans, so they can go to hell.

Hope they get blown out too. 50-7 please.

Patriots are all set for this season.

Tight-lipped Pats in midseason form
By Karen Guregian
Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist

Friday, September 8, 2006 - Updated: 06:46 AM EST

FOXBORO - Bill Belichick doesn’t know how his team is going to perform on the field Sunday. He can’t tell you how the Patriots are going to take shape, what kind of identity they’re going to forge.

Off the field, in the locker room, however, he’ll be happy to know the boys are behaving just the way he’s drawn it up on the chalkboard.

They’re in the "don’t say anything" and "keep ’em guessing" mode. They’ve adopted the "Us vs. The World" mentality. They’ve shed the "I’s" for "We’s."

Maybe that’s why Belichick actually smiled for a half-second yesterday.

By the look and sound of it, his players are in midseason form. The Belichick way has filtered down to all the new personnel and quickly been implemented and ingrained by the coaching staff and the players who know the routine.

The rookies have gotten the message from the veterans that they’re supposed to be seen and not heard.

One locker room scene yesterday had Willie Andrews kindly agreeing to an interview. The first-year defensive back was about five words into his first answer, when Rodney Harrison walked by.

"You don’t have anything to say," Harrison said, without breaking stride. "You’re a rookie. You haven’t done anything yet. What could you have to talk about?"

Andrews gave a sheepish look back at the 13-year-veteran.

"I guess I have nothing to say," Andrews said.

End of discussion.

That type of scene has played out every year at some point. Just plug in a different rookie, different reporter, different veteran, but always, the same result.

At one point yesterday, Mike Vrabel and Laurence Maroney switched hats, with Vrabel donning a University of Minnesota cap for Maroney’s alma mater, and the running back putting on an Ohio State lid for Vrabel’s school.

Even something as simple and harmless as a hat switch - we’re not talking about giving away any state secrets or divulging the playbook here - and Maroney clammed up. He smiled broadly wearing his new lid, but politely refused talking about it.

Only Vrabel was allowed to provide an explanation.

"We’re going to root for each other’s team all year," Vrabel said. "He’s still mad he didn’t get recruited at Ohio State."

The classic example is Tedy Bruschi. This is pure Belichickian. Ever since the linebacker suffered his broken right wrist in camp, he hasn’t spoken to the media, dodging at every turn.

This week, with the season opener against the Bills on tap, he made sure not to be in the locker room during media availability. Yesterday was the first time he was seen at practice during the open media portion of the proceedings, which amounts to a brief window of time.

When one reporter was talking to Larry Izzo about Bruschi yesterday, Vrabel, butting in on the conversation as he walked by, cautioned Izzo not to get involved in that discussion.

The question had nothing to do with whether or not Bruschi was going to play Sunday, bulky cast and all, but that didn’t matter.

Similar to Andrews, Izzo had started an answer, but the next words of his mouth after Vrabel’s warning were, "I have no comment."

Why?

Forbidden topic.

A minute later, Izzo, perhaps feeling bad about his abrupt non-reply, said, "I don’t like talking about Tedy’s situation. You have to walk a tight line (in here)."

That’s right. It’s game-face time. The team is in lock-down mode. No time for any breaches. No time to start any fires.

Rookies don’t talk. Bruschi’s injury - or anyone else’s - as well as discussion about Deion Branch’s holdout, are off-limits.

It’s part of the formula for winning. This is Belichick’s way. The Patriots’ way.

The Myth said:
Patriots are all set for this season.

Tight-lipped Pats in midseason form
By Karen Guregian
Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist

Friday, September 8, 2006 - Updated: 06:46 AM EST

FOXBORO - Bill Belichick doesn’t know how his team is going to perform on the field Sunday. He can’t tell you how the Patriots are going to take shape, what kind of identity they’re going to forge.

Off the field, in the locker room, however, he’ll be happy to know the boys are behaving just the way he’s drawn it up on the chalkboard.

They’re in the "don’t say anything" and "keep ’em guessing" mode. They’ve adopted the "Us vs. The World" mentality. They’ve shed the "I’s" for "We’s."

Maybe that’s why Belichick actually smiled for a half-second yesterday.

By the look and sound of it, his players are in midseason form. The Belichick way has filtered down to all the new personnel and quickly been implemented and ingrained by the coaching staff and the players who know the routine.

The rookies have gotten the message from the veterans that they’re supposed to be seen and not heard.

One locker room scene yesterday had Willie Andrews kindly agreeing to an interview. The first-year defensive back was about five words into his first answer, when Rodney Harrison walked by.

"You don’t have anything to say," Harrison said, without breaking stride. "You’re a rookie. You haven’t done anything yet. What could you have to talk about?"

Andrews gave a sheepish look back at the 13-year-veteran.

"I guess I have nothing to say," Andrews said.

End of discussion.

That type of scene has played out every year at some point. Just plug in a different rookie, different reporter, different veteran, but always, the same result.

At one point yesterday, Mike Vrabel and Laurence Maroney switched hats, with Vrabel donning a University of Minnesota cap for Maroney’s alma mater, and the running back putting on an Ohio State lid for Vrabel’s school.

Even something as simple and harmless as a hat switch - we’re not talking about giving away any state secrets or divulging the playbook here - and Maroney clammed up. He smiled broadly wearing his new lid, but politely refused talking about it.

Only Vrabel was allowed to provide an explanation.

"We’re going to root for each other’s team all year," Vrabel said. "He’s still mad he didn’t get recruited at Ohio State."

The classic example is Tedy Bruschi. This is pure Belichickian. Ever since the linebacker suffered his broken right wrist in camp, he hasn’t spoken to the media, dodging at every turn.

This week, with the season opener against the Bills on tap, he made sure not to be in the locker room during media availability. Yesterday was the first time he was seen at practice during the open media portion of the proceedings, which amounts to a brief window of time.

When one reporter was talking to Larry Izzo about Bruschi yesterday, Vrabel, butting in on the conversation as he walked by, cautioned Izzo not to get involved in that discussion.

The question had nothing to do with whether or not Bruschi was going to play Sunday, bulky cast and all, but that didn’t matter.

Similar to Andrews, Izzo had started an answer, but the next words of his mouth after Vrabel’s warning were, "I have no comment."

Why?

Forbidden topic.

A minute later, Izzo, perhaps feeling bad about his abrupt non-reply, said, "I don’t like talking about Tedy’s situation. You have to walk a tight line (in here)."

That’s right. It’s game-face time. The team is in lock-down mode. No time for any breaches. No time to start any fires.

Rookies don’t talk. Bruschi’s injury - or anyone else’s - as well as discussion about Deion Branch’s holdout, are off-limits.

It’s part of the formula for winning. This is Belichick’s way. The Patriots’ way.

indeed. pats 42 buffalo 3

opfinistic said:
rather have the Bills on top

yeah i want the bills big time.the pats are our real competetor and if they lose one we are good for now.the bills could suprise and compete but not with losman

Majpain said:
Bills because atleast I know the Jills wont have a chance at winning the EAST. I think you mean Brady not teddy.

No, Justa meant Teddy. It's a running joke among Bills fans -- and anybody else -- who remembers last season's prime time Bills-Pats game where Bruschi made his comeback and how the announcers "waxed poetic" over Bruschi's every move despite his less than stellar play. :lol:

Bills Pats game this sunday

assuming that the jets lose on sunday, im actually hoping for a bills win so whenever we play the bills in week two assuming that we win we will be number one in the division
i know its almost pointless to assume that the pats will lose to the bills im just hoping that is the case and then when they come into our house on sunday the 17th im thinking our team will be ready to play their heart out considering what happened week one at pittsburgh
expect big plays from this offense and expect our defense to stuff the run and defend against the pass well

ItsOurTime32 said:
assuming that the jets lose on sunday, im actually hoping for a bills win so whenever we play the bills in week two assuming that we win we will be number one in the division
i know its almost pointless to assume that the pats will lose to the bills im just hoping that is the case and then when they come into our house on sunday the 17th im thinking our team will be ready to play their heart out considering what happened week one at pittsburgh
expect big plays from this offense and expect our defense to stuff the run and defend against the pass well

welcome 32, glad you joined us...

I want barfalo to lose too, but it is not likely...besides, I recall that NE owes them an opener...

righttt just like how you "stuffed" the run and "defended" the pass so well against pitt?

it will be a longgg game

Back
Top Bottom