Paul Soliai's play deserves praise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul Soliai's play deserves praise

The only damn Samoan out of that 2007 class that is worth a damn. Great to see because NT is such a key position.

If you would have told me Soliai & Fields would be the only one's left standing at that time I would have never believed it. I am extremely happy about Soliai. Hpe Fins reward him with an extension.

I saw some flashes of very goodness last year especially once Fergie went down. Glad to see he's continued to progress. Who knows, maybe he's our space eating nose tackle of the future.

That's awesome. I'm glad he's showing up, he's one big, strong man.

One of the few bright spots in an otherwise dull season.

Actually the future looks bright for Miami, here is a list of players who are young and look very promising:

Davone Bess
Cameron Wake
Dan Carpenter
Vontae Davis
Sean Smith
Koa Misi
Chris Clemons (this guy specifically looks better and better each week)
Brian Hartline
Paul Soliai

I don't include Jake Long or Kendall Langford cause I feel like both have established themselves. Langford is perhaps the most underrated 3-4 DE in the league and he is having a career year, if he continues the pace in which he played the first half of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL.com actually mentioned him in their preview for the Ravens game.

Actually the future looks bright for Miami, here is a list of players who are young and look very promising:

Davone Bess
Cameron Wake
Dan Carpenter
Vontae Davis
Sean Smith
Koa Misi
Brian Hartline
Paul Soliai

I don't include Jake Long or Kendall Langford cause I feel like both have established themselves. Langford is perhaps the most underrated 3-4 DE in the league and he is having a career year, if he continues the pace in which he played the first half of the season.
\

you forgot john jerry 23, brandon marshall 26, channing crowder 26, anthony fasano 27, phillip merling, and jared odrick. not to mention, Randy Starks 27... we are set for the future! all we need to do now is add a f.s. *i believe that chris clemons should be moved to strong safety. add a running back of the future and some more weapons for henne. YES, HENNE!!!

Its funny how a few months ago most people on this forum criticized Paul and said he would never be a starter in the NFL. I should have save the quotes to see what those peoples comments are now. It takes time to learn that position and Paul is really focused on improving his skills to get better each week. Keep up the great work P!

\

you forgot john jerry 23, brandon marshall 26, channing crowder 26, anthony fasano 27, phillip merling, and jared odrick. not to mention, Randy Starks 27... we are set for the future! all we need to do now is add a f.s. *i believe that chris clemons should be moved to strong safety. add a running back of the future and some more weapons for henne. YES, HENNE!!!

Some of those guys you mentioned like Marshall & Starks are establish, I was referring to some of the young guys who are showing the goods right now. Odrick I believe will be real good, but he has to stay healthy. Merling we'll see if the guy is ready to turn the corner when and if he returns

Makes you wonder even more why we even selected Odrick in the first round if you could bring out a starting unit of Starks/Solia/Langford . . . with Merling/McDaniel backing up the DE spots and Starks having the ability to go to NT along with a rookie from the 2010 draft class. I like Odrick, but for a team with so many different issues, DE was probably the strongest position on the team pre-Odrick. People who WATCHED big Paul knew he was capable of greater things . . . and his improvement every year was sorely overlooked by the pessimists on this board.

Jahvid Best would have been a nice little spark to add to this offense/return game with that #28 pick.

Davone Bess
Cameron Wake
Dan Carpenter
Vontae Davis
Sean Smith
Koa Misi
Brian Hartline
Paul Soliai

I would take Hartline off that list.

I would take Hartline off that list.

Hartline just needs time . . . smart kid, being asked to be a #2, instead of a #4. If Hartline was the #4, he would be Greg Camarillo to many fans. The guy fans WANT to see more of. He hasn't been that bad, but not good as a #2. Give him time, he was given a 7th round grade by many for a reason.

Makes you wonder even more why we even selected Odrick in the first round if you could bring out a starting unit of Starks/Solia/Langford . . . with Merling/McDaniel backing up the DE spots and Starks having the ability to go to NT along with a rookie from the 2010 draft class. I like Odrick, but for a team with so many different issues, DE was probably the strongest position on the team pre-Odrick. People who WATCHED big Paul knew he was capable of greater things . . . and his improvement every year was sorely overlooked by the pessimists on this board.

Jahvid Best would have been a nice little spark to add to this offense/return game with that #28 pick.
You realize the Lions are having a hell of a time running the ball. Yes, part of it is due to their interior, but Best is looking like Reggie Bush in the fact he just can't run up the middle.

And it's not like our defensive line is just litting people without Odrick as a whole. There is no doubt that this has do to with our lack of depth. But it's more than that too. Danny Woodhead ran the ball right down our throats, and Ray Rice just lit us up. So let's not get too excited about this defensive line.

Back
Top Bottom