Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pedro headed to BULLPEN; Mets season now over!

The National League is soo bad even without Pedro whose going to beat the Mets? Even without him the Mets should be able to handle any other team in the NL. Although I think the AL will get another sweep in the WS.

Mets fans just hope this prediction is as spot on as the Manny will be traded this offseason rant by MikeO..

He will start game 2 or 3, he will not be in the bullpen.

PS

The last I looked the Yanks only have one good starter (Wang)

djfresh47 said:
The National League is soo bad even without Pedro whose going to beat the Mets? Even without him the Mets should be able to handle any other team in the NL. Although I think the AL will get another sweep in the WS.

If they play Houston with their pitching the Mets could be in trouble

NJFINSFAN1 said:
He will start game 2 or 3, he will not be in the bullpen.

PS

The last I looked the Yanks only have one good starter (Wang)

According to reports he feels he can only throw 2 or 3 innings and he wants to go to the bullpen. Click the link I provided above. Of course things could change, but within 5 days??? I doubt it.

And the Yanks have MORE than 1 good pitcher. Mussiana! Even Wright is pitching better. Yanks have more quality depth in their staff. Maybe it isn't great, but just more depth.

Mets better get Zito this offseason because the days of counting on Pedro and Glavine are over!

Outside of the '99 postseason Pedro was never a big game pitcher anyway, the Mets were going to have to bash their way to the WS whether Pedro started or not. it's a little tougher now but the Nl is so bad they can still win it.

The mets record without pedro this season is better then their record with pedro this season and its a pretty hefty sample size so somehow I think they can at least make the WS and depending who they play, maybe win anyway.

I am not suggesting theyre better off without , just that they've had the same success without him. I mean when this year has he really been healthy? The start of the yeah he was hurt and hes been on the dl twice and missed a handful of other starts.

Boik14 said:
The mets record without pedro this season is better then their record with pedro this season and its a pretty hefty sample size so somehow I think they can at least make the WS and depending who they play, maybe win anyway.

I am not suggesting theyre better off without , just that they've had the same success without him. I mean when this year has he really been healthy? The start of the yeah he was hurt and hes been on the dl twice and missed a handful of other starts.

Along season and a short series are 2 different things and Pedro did go down long after they had run away w/ the division so the Mets weren't playing w/ pressure all year. That changes next week and to go in w/o your best pitcher cannot be a good feeling for the Mets.

nyjunc said:
Along season and a short series are 2 different things and Pedro did go down long after they had run away w/ the division so the Mets weren't playing w/ pressure all year. That changes next week and to go in w/o your best pitcher cannot be a good feeling for the Mets.
I agree its not a good feeling but like I said pedro came in to the year hurt. He was dl'ed 2x, the 2nd time it was practically irrelevant except to his long term health but the first time was in late june/early july long before they clinched. Actually when he went down the first time it was right when the phillies and braves were hot and at that point the mets lead was 7-8 games.

Between duque, glavine and maine we can still run 3 good starters out there and the best/deepest pen in baseball.

Boik14 said:
I agree its not a good feeling but like I said pedro came in to the year hurt. He was dl'ed 2x, the 2nd time it was practically irrelevant except to his long term health but the first time was in late june/early july long before they clinched. Actually when he went down the first time it was right when the phillies and braves were hot and at that point the mets lead was 7-8 games.

Between duque, glavine and maine we can still run 3 good starters out there and the best/deepest pen in baseball.

Glavine has always struggled in postseasona nd that's when he was much better than he is now, maine is untested and el Duque is old and his best days are long behind him but he does step up in big games. Your pen has been good all year w/ no pressure but wagner has been bad in postseason, you can't seriously count on Roberto hernandez and darren oliver in a big spot. Your pen has major question marks.

nyjunc said:
Glavine has always struggled in postseasona nd that's when he was much better than he is now, maine is untested and el Duque is old and his best days are long behind him but he does step up in big games. Your pen has been good all year w/ no pressure but wagner has been bad in postseason, you can't seriously count on Roberto hernandez and darren oliver in a big spot. Your pen has major question marks.
Glavine has not always struggled in postseason, hes 12-15, 3.58...slightly worse then his career era with most of the losses coming in the nlcs where the braves typically got eliminated. http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/glavito02.shtml

Mota has had his best years with loduca catching and has been great since hes been here. Wagner's been solid the whole second half and the only team he ever struggled against was atl in the playoffs. Other then that hes been fine. Hernandez is ok and oliver is long relief so its really heilmann, mota, wagner that I worry about. And theyve been fine.

Boik14 said:
Glavine has not always struggled in postseason, hes 12-15, 3.58...slightly worse then his career era with most of the losses coming in the nlcs where the braves typically got eliminated. http://www.baseball-reference.com/g/glavito02.shtml

Mota has had his best years with loduca catching and has been great since hes been here. Wagner's been solid the whole second half and the only team he ever struggled against was atl in the playoffs. Other then that hes been fine. Hernandez is ok and oliver is long relief so its really heilmann, mota, wagner that I worry about. And theyve been fine.

he's 12-15, 3.58 and Maddux was 11-14, 3.22 ERA. Smoltz was 15-4, 2.66 ERA. if Glavine and Maddux pistched more like smoltz in big games they'd have more than 1 title.

Mota has ben good but he's never faced postseason pressure, wagner hasn't been very good this year and in postseason his worst series was against SD in '98 when he had an ERA of 18. the only other team he has faced is Atlanta and overall he has a 7.71 ERA in postseason.

Hernandez has a 4.26 ERA in postseason(and that was when he was younger and alot better).

I wouldn't place any bets on the Mets now. Pedro is a huge loss for the Mets who will have to play a team that caught fire in the first round (either LAD, Houston or SD) where anything can happen.

As much as I love Pedro I question if his career is over or not. Call me anything you want but I don't believe Pedro's calf is the only thing hurting him right now. I think his shoulder/arm is ready to fall off.

I'm with the minority that still thinks the Mets slug there way to the World Series but that's just me!

Back
Top Bottom