Peja Stojakovic Signs with New Orleans Hornets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peja Stojakovic Signs with New Orleans Hornets

Have not heard any but with myself being a Pistons fan I want Ben out of Detriot. He is just not a dominant player. Sure he'll get his blocks and boards on the defensive side of the ball but on offense he cant do squat. He's rather small 6'9 and dont even mention free throws. I think even if the pistons dont get a Super Star in a sign and trade for Ben it will still be worth it to get rid of him.

Phinz4Life said:
Harrington for Marbury straight up?

I know the Knicks aren't going to get equal value for him, but damn. Harrington would be good to stick in there beside Curry and Frye.

That would mean Isiah would be trusting Franchise to run the offense, that or he thinks that Nate is ready.
forget stevie turnover, id trade him and marbury for harrington just to dump their salary, drama, and address sf. And if we did that, the guards who deserve to play, crawford and nate, would be able to start.

Buddwalk said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/07/01/bc.bkn.hornets.stojakovic.ap/index.html

I guarentee right now with this addition to there team and there draft of Cedric Simmons and Hilton Armstrong...there in the playoffs :wink: :wink: :wink:

If Simmons plays more than 5 minutes a game it will be a miracle, or the team will be incredibly injury ridden. The guy did nothing in college other than have 2 good games against Duke. Armstrong is an enigma....he does nothing for 3 yrs, wakes up as a senior and turns that into 10 mil. Who knows if he will ever put forth the effort again after getting paid.

New Orleans lucked out with Paul....but they are going in the wrong direction. Even with Peja they are easily the worst team in their division.

Ferretsquig said:
If Simmons plays more than 5 minutes a game it will be a miracle, or the team will be incredibly injury ridden. The guy did nothing in college other than have 2 good games against Duke. Armstrong is an enigma....he does nothing for 3 yrs, wakes up as a senior and turns that into 10 mil. Who knows if he will ever put forth the effort again after getting paid.

New Orleans lucked out with Paul....but they are going in the wrong direction. Even with Peja they are easily the worst team in their division.
agree with you on simmons but armstron is an a\entirely different player then the picture you paint. His offensive skill set is very limited as his shot is a little awkward but he finally figured out the art of shot blocking last year and thats where his presence was felt. He was a huge part of the reason that Uconn led the nation in blocks the last 2 years. He and Boone became very proficient at it. Armstrong also added about 15lbs between his jr and sr seasons so he wasnt pushed around as easily and that made a difference in his defense and his rebounding.

Ferretsquig said:

I agree with simmons...hes got potential but all he did was have 2 good games against duke in college. [means nothing to me] But Armstrong is entirely different yes, he woke up this year but he was a shot blocking machine this season. I think armstrong may be fighting for a starting spot on that roster this year...Now saying there there the worst team in there division is debatable they won 38 games last year with a rookie chris paul...Another year added onto his belt will only help the kid and now hes got a couple weapons.

Hornets expected to sign bobby jackson too
http://www.nba.com/news/305566.html

i'm so glad that the lakers got the cheap man's version of peja in vlade

anyone else think that this contract will be just as bad as the steve francis trade by new york last year???

Back
Top Bottom