Percy? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Percy?

On the plus side, Harvin would be an absolute stud in this offense. He runs great routes , can make people miss in the open field and is a definite red zone threat. He is exactly the type of big play receiver this team needs. Also, due to him living in Minneapolis he spent alot of time at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and they were able to find out what was causing his migraines.

On the minus side he is probably to physical for his size which may lead to injuries in the future however his ankle injury can't be atributed to that. A defender who tackled him from behind rolled over his ankle. His attitude has something to be desired. However alot of the problems in Minnesota stem from him wanting a new contract. I have a hard time criticizing players who hold out for or want to be paid more money. Especially when team owners can release them from their contract whenever they want with sometimes little to no compensation. It's part of the business. I think him being paid what he feels he's worth would alleviate many of these problems.

I wouldn't really have any problems with trading a 3nd round pick for him but with how he's unhappy with the Vikings organization I would try to get him for less. This is due to the fact that he plays much better from the slot (and is probably the best slot WR in the game) than he does on the outside, which would still mean the Fins would either need to sign another FA or draft a WR.

If we did trade for Harvin I don't think we would bring in another WR via FA. I could see the Fins drafting either Cordarelle Patterson, Robert Woods, or Stedman Bailey in the 2nd.

A WR core of Harvin, Patterson/Wood/Bailey, Bess, Hartline, and Marshall would be a signigicant upgrade to what we currenlty have.

Been watching this guy since he was a freshman at UF....Would be sick in a Fins Uniform...I'd trade one of our 2nds in a HEARTBEAT for him...

but its not going to happen so we can all go back to our regular scheduled programming

I think it would be a fantastic idea. If they were silly enough to accept a 2nd for him.

His injury history similar to that of any bell-cow in the league. As mentioned before, he only missed 3 games in 3 years prior to this year. His ankle injury this year - it happens! Especially when you are a wide receiver who is extending himself to help a team disguise its lack of personnel. I'm sure that outside of a freak occurrence if the kid wasn't being driven into the ground being one of only 2 offensive studs on a NFL team, he would be a fantastic WR. Not many players with a receivers build can/should get the touches out of the backfield that he has.

To the poster who mentioned that he has never had a 1k season. Look at his rushing statistics. Sometimes its how the player is being utilized rather than one stat column.

His main issue seems to be with the coaching staff. We should definitely pull the trigger if they are foolish enough to shop him.

Harvin is a huge talent who scores touchdowns but I have to echo what Crazy said. Why would they trade him? I don't really buy it.

The biggest issue with Harvin is not the migranes. Before this year he'd only missed three games in three years. It's his personality, which has always been, let's say, temperamental. If Philbin was on board shipping a guy like Marshall out of town I can't imagine him pounding the table to bring Harvin here.

Then there's the question of whether we even really know how to use him. Reggie Bush has some of the same versatility you find in Percy Harvin yet we barely exploited it. If you stick Percy Harvin out on the perimeter to run skinny posts all game long you're misusing him, yet based on the way we used Bush why should I imagine we'd do anything else?

All in all I'd rather find a way to end up with Steadman Bailey or a Tavon Austin if this is the kind of thing you're looking for.

This. Well stated. +1 rep. for you.

On the plus side, Harvin would be an absolute stud in this offense. He runs great routes , can make people miss in the open field and is a definite red zone threat. He is exactly the type of big play receiver this team needs. Also, due to him living in Minneapolis he spent alot of time at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and they were able to find out what was causing his migraines.

On the minus side he is probably to physical for his size which may lead to injuries in the future however his ankle injury can't be atributed to that. A defender who tackled him from behind rolled over his ankle. His attitude has something to be desired. However alot of the problems in Minnesota stem from him wanting a new contract. I have a hard time criticizing players who hold out for or want to be paid more money. Especially when team owners can release them from their contract whenever they want with sometimes little to no compensation. It's part of the business. I think him being paid what he feels he's worth would alleviate many of these problems.

I wouldn't really have any problems with trading a 3nd round pick for him but with how he's unhappy with the Vikings organization I would try to get him for less. This is due to the fact that he plays much better from the slot (and is probably the best slot WR in the game) than he does on the outside, which would still mean the Fins would either need to sign another FA or draft a WR.

If we did trade for Harvin I don't think we would bring in another WR via FA. I could see the Fins drafting either Cordarelle Patterson, Robert Woods, or Stedman Bailey in the 2nd.

A WR core of Harvin, Patterson/Wood/Bailey, Bess, Hartline, and Marshall would be a signigicant upgrade to what we currenlty have.
If you trade for Harvin then there is no way you bring Bess back, which I'm fine with anyway. I would trade a third rounder for Harvin in a heartbeat.

Harvin is a huge talent who scores touchdowns but I have to echo what Crazy said. Why would they trade him? I don't really buy it.

The biggest issue with Harvin is not the migranes. Before this year he'd only missed three games in three years. It's his personality, which has always been, let's say, temperamental. If Philbin was on board shipping a guy like Marshall out of town I can't imagine him pounding the table to bring Harvin here.

Then there's the question of whether we even really know how to use him. Reggie Bush has some of the same versatility you find in Percy Harvin yet we barely exploited it. If you stick Percy Harvin out on the perimeter to run skinny posts all game long you're misusing him, yet based on the way we used Bush why should I imagine we'd do anything else?

All in all I'd rather find a way to end up with Steadman Bailey or a Tavon Austin if this is the kind of thing you're looking for.

read the link and you will see why... he is in the final year of his contract and wants out... he could be used like Randall Cobb for GB in the slot, out wide, at runningback although they played Tavon some at RB in college he is too little to do so in pros..

Binns...?Aaron...Binns? You are seriously mentioning this guy in the line up and boasting about it? :lol:

Dude won't make it out of camp next season.

I guess this comment was directed towards me... If you take mentioning the guy as a 5th Wide Receiver on the depth chart who may not even be active every game, then yes I am BOASTING about Armon Binns

some people dont think before they type do they?

If you trade for Harvin then there is no way you bring Bess back, which I'm fine with anyway. I would trade a third rounder for Harvin in a heartbeat.

Why wouldn't you bring Bess back? As of now, depending on your opinion of Hartline, Bess is either the best or 2nd best WR on the team. If we bring in two other WR's that would still make him the 3rd or 4th best WR on this team. Last I checked teams run 3 and 4 WR sets all the time. . Bess would absolutely kill LB's and S's with his quickness in intermediate routes as the 4th WR on this team. It would also be foolish to get rid of Bess before we have somebody on the roster to take his place. Could Marshall be that guy in the future, possibly? But he isn't yet and neither is anybody else.

Better, yes, but none of them may be willing to come to the Dolphins on their own free will. Players have to be drafted to traded on to this team. Players worth anything are not voluntarily coming to the Dolphins.

Yea, bc recent sports history in Miami tells you that teams going into offseasons with large amounts of money to spend have trouble attracting talent to south florida.

Panthers, Marlins, Heat....they all have lots of trouble. What athlete wants to live in Miami? pffft.

I would trade a conditional 2nd for him. Percy Harvin is perfect for this offense. His route running breaks ankles.

Percy would be a wet dream. I had hoped we would draft him when he came out of UF. He is worth the risk, there arent many like him playing today. I cant see the Vikes trading him though. Id give up the lower 2nd rounder for him in a heartbeat. Im really digging the Cordarrelle Patterson pick for who mentioned that earlier.

Why do you want one of the most injury prone players in the league again? Out of curiosity, what good is giving up a second rounder for a player who will definitely miss at least 4 games every year. Maybe trade a 4th, or a conditional 4th that turns into a 3rd with playing time. If he could be relied upon, definitely a second, but....
we have all seen what Randall Cobb has done for Green Bay, with Harvin available I think he deserves a look I would give up a second rounder forsure.... and still sign Greg Jennings, bring back Hartline.... Jennings..Harvin..Hartline..Bess..Binns would be one of the better receiving cores in the league

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-isnt-sure-whether-percy-harvin-will-be-back/

I gotta say, the only thing more laughable than the Vikings trading Harvin for a 2nd round pick are the people in this thread saying the Dolphins shouldn't do that trade.

It gets better with people mindlessly calling him injury prone - missed 3 games total in his previous 3 seasons before this year.

Back
Top Bottom