Perhaps Ireland is more smarter than we think ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perhaps Ireland is more smarter than we think ?

I guess putting together a top 5 defense is garbage. Rip away the FO but they have created one great defense. Do we still need a QB, of course.Lets see how the year goes before all the know it alls chirp

I've gotta say that despite the fact that the noose is around his and Sparano's necks, he is showing remarkable restraint, professionalism and keeping the Dolphin's interests above his own. He hasn't wasted money so far, he could have splurged on any one of the decidedly average QBs in FA and the later rounds of the draft, so far he hasn't cut any big names on Miami's roater that a future coach would curse him for doing. And when the fans are screaming for results (which is hardly a crime given our years of mediocrity), he hasn't been tempted into mortgaging our future away like GMs before him.

Look, I'd love instant results, but putting lipstick on a pig and calling it a franchise QB is a waste of everybody's time.

I think it's possible taht ireland agreement with moore is an insurance policy.

What we know ? we know orton was his firt choice but denver didn't acept our offer and so ?

Why not sign Orton in the next days if denver release him, we could after that going in the season with orton,henne and Moore and devlin in PS................and if orton isn't released...........we are with Moore and Henne.

Perhaps but I doubt that, it's a big play by our FO. I hope but.................

I think you're right, I mentioned the same thing in another post. The Fins need more QBs in camp right now, so we are wearing out the arms of Henne and Devlin. Moore is an insurance policy for not acquiring Orton. It is believe that eventually, Denver will release Orton, and the only market for Orton is the Dolphins. The Broncos will not risk losing compensation and let Orton go without trading him, they will come crawling back to the Fins begging for our original offer.

That's what I believe, and I'm sticking with it :smile:

:d-day:

What we know ? we know orton was his firt choice but denver didn't acept our offer and so ?

Why not sign Orton in the next days if denver release him, we could after that going in the season with orton,henne and Moore and devlin in PS................and if orton isn't released...........we are with Moore and Henne.

Perhaps but I doubt that, it's a big play by our FO. I hope but.................

I think you're right, I mentioned the same thing in another post. The Fins need more QBs in immediately so we are not wearing out the arms of Henne and Devlin. Moore is an insurance policy for not acquiring Orton. It is believe that eventually, Denver will release Orton, and the only market for Orton is the Dolphins. The Broncos will not risk losing compensation and let Orton go without trading him, they will come crawling back to the Fins begging for our original offer.

That's what I believe, and I'm sticking with it! :)

Not really. He's shown a severe lack of balls when it comes to addressing the QB position. I.E. not taking Ryan Mallet.

sorry dont agree with you guys still clinging to the Orton hope. that deal is off. Moore is the guy. we went and got moore to back up Chad Henne. we are going with Chad Henne , Moore and the undrafted kid - again, we are a WORSE team than last year - we gutted our power running attack, we barely made any improvements on the line (not to mention jake long is hurt and not practicing), our QB's were better last year etc. this team is screweddd. i wonder if ross told ireland hed pay him extra cash to send him on his way and leave the option of cowher or whoever comes in to draft a qb early on next year. b/c this makes absolutly no sense its suicidle. if sparano i cite differences of opinion and disagreements on personel and resign before the season starts and he really loses the locker room

SQuinn17;1063937623[B said:
]Henne, Moore and Devlin[/B] sound like the 3 stooges. How can you think that they could possibly be a formidable platoon of QB's? How do you know that Devlin is even good enough to cut it in the NFL?

This reminds me of years past when we had..............Gus, Sage and Cleo!

It could be that Ireland never really had real interest in Orton, and purposely offered Denver something he knew they would refuse in order to send a message to Henne. Our FO is definitely media sensitive. Its a longshot, but we've seen crazier things happen. If Ireland really thought Orton was they answer, he would have got the deal done.

Perhaps but I doubt that, it's a big play by our FO.

I hope but.................

Our approach is all wrong. Very passive and clueless. We dont know what we want because we are caught up in other things...We almost never get the person we want and we are too passive in picking up people...We have people begging to play here, we just need to get the deal done.

Well the good news is if Henne is going to be as bad as everyone on here thinks we will be in a great position to get Andrew Luck. Why don't we see how the season goes before we throw a fit.

Back
Top Bottom