Personal Dolphin Experiences | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personal Dolphin Experiences

DolFan31

aka FinSane
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal experiences or relationships with players, coaches or anyone involved with the Miami Dolphins organization? Or if you have any instances when you met one of the players,ect.? Lets hear about it. I have a few Id like to share(nothing personal but my family has):

- My dad is a painting contractor, and he painted Jay Fiedler's house(hoping to get you guys some proof of that)

- My aunt is a Public Defender for Broward County(I currently intern with her right now with Howard Finklestein of "Help Me Howard" on 7 news). Several Dolphin players have come to the courts and talked to Juveniles who are in custody. I have some pictures somewhere Ill look for them and post them on this thread. Some of the players I know for sure were Ray Lucas, Jamie Nails, Jay Fiedler, JT and ZT. One of the judges I know has some photos of them that I see everytime I go to his courtroom, and Im sure my aunt can email me some of those pics.

Thats all I can think of for now. Ill get you guys some proof when I can. Sorry for never mentioning this before :D

When I was a kid, my dad won a auction at a Miami Dolphins funtion. That next weekend we spent the entire day with Tony Nathan at the Miami Metro Zoo. Tony was a great host and he treated my family awsome, spending the day and part of the night with us.

My dad was also a personal friend of Earl Morral, and we spent alot of time at his country club on sunday after church. Earl is a very nice and funny guy, although I haven't seen him for awhile. He once let me try his ring on, it was huge and heavy as hell.

When I was a kid I remember the Dolphins beating up the Pats every year until 86.

Man how things have changes, sorry had to. ;)

Last year I went down to Miami for a game with my dad. It was the sunday night one when we beat the bills. Anyway before the game we ran into L.Henry's dad, and after the game I met L.Henry and got Zachs,Wade,D.Bowens,Chester,and O-guns autographs on my football. It was awsome

I chucked a piece of ice at Jason Taylor during warm-ups of the Dolphins-Bills december game last year. I also gave him the finger and he smiled at me..made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

Several years ago I went up to the NFL Golf Classic in New Jersey. All day I was trying to Get Marinos autograph. I finally got smart and waited at the edge of the green when they were coming off one of the holes. I was 2 feet from Dan and asked for his autograph, he denied me. I was so pissed. Oh well at least I got John Offerdahls several years earlier. I also got close to a Jet. Joe Klecko. He attends my church and a couple of his kids go to my sons school. Nice guy, told us some great storys about Gastineau. Said he was one sick dude. Used to see his son Dan, but he hasn't been around since he was drafted by the Pats. Klecko is one big guy.

I drove 4 hours to the dolphins vs pats game in new england 3 seasons ago. I was right where the dolgins came in and I was in the first row. While the team came out Zach Thomas stopped, pointed right at me, nodded to me and said something that I didnt understand. I think the reason he did this was because I was the only one willing to wear his jersey and scream for them even though we were in NE and right up front with everyone that has season tickets(usually the die hard fans)

Driven said:
When I was a kid I remember the Dolphins beating up the Pats every year until 86.

Man how things have changes, sorry had to. ;)
Funny thing about history is that it repeats itself !!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao: , Just playing friend, dont take it serious, I like to kid around alot but love a good rivalry ! Take care

Jarvis Williams is from my town. I've followed him from Pop Warner, Palatka Panthers, U of F Gators, Miami Dolphins, N.Y.Giants and home again. He is a really nice guy, good with all the kids around town and now assist with our HS as DB coach when he isn't fishing or looking after his condo interest in Miami.

themole said:
Jarvis Williams is from my town. I've followed him from Pop Warner, Palatka Panthers, U of F Gators, Miami Dolphins, N.Y.Giants and home again. He is a really nice guy, good with all the kids around town and now assist with our HS as DB coach when he isn't fishing or looking after his condo interest in Miami.

Themo, how it going? Remember me? We were talking some big smack last year and then called a truce. Just saying hi and good luck this year. It should be another close dogfight.

When Ricky Williams was a Saint his rookie year they would have mini camps in a city less than 5 miles away so I would go watch and get players autographs. Everyone wanted Ricky's but this was when Ricky was very shy and he would always leave the field different ways to avoid people. The last day I went I guessed the right way that he would leave the field and i was first in line to get his autograph. He made everybody wait for him to get the tape off his fingers and all that stuff. So I got to stand about 2 feet away from him for about 15 minutes. I didnt talk to much to him because I knew he wouldnt be to comfortable with that. I ended up gettin a jersey signed and a card signed. O yea.... he did this all with his helmet on too.

CirclingWagons said:
I chucked a piece of ice at Jason Taylor during warm-ups of the Dolphins-Bills december game last year. I also gave him the finger and he smiled at me..made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

I would believe you...but I have been to the Ralph and I know the only thing thrown are batteries and empty bargain basement liqour bottles. :shakeno: Unfortunate but true. Buffalo makes Cleveland look composed and respectable. I think they call them the Bills because that what the fans sacrifice to buy tickets :roflmao:

Driven said:
Themo, how it going? Remember me? We were talking some big smack last year and then called a truce. Just saying hi and good luck this year. It should be another close dogfight.

Of course I remember!
:D That was fun.

I'll be the first to admit..when quality teams meet, there is always a dogfight. Looking forward to another exciting year. Take care.

Got to meet Don Shula at one of my ex-customer's sculpture shops up here in Loveland, CO. He was up for the final touches on his statue's face, and I was fortunate enough to be calling on them at that time. Just an awesome presence. He was really a nice guy as well. He seemed to be suprised to bump into a phin fan in Colorado. Right place, right time. I'm not in that business anymore, but meeting him alone was almost worth the drudgery of selling abrasives and cutting tools for a decade.

Back
Top Bottom